Template errors

• Template public:_media_site_embed_playwire: [E_USER_WARNING] Template public:_media_site_embed_playwire is unknown (src/XF/Template/Templater.php:689)

"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 32 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowStar

The synopsis for “Overwhelmed” may be a red herring. It places Artemis and Superboy in the spotlight, but the focus on their respective pasts could well turn out to be little more than a sub-plot. The only way I could see either of them having a lot to do in this episode is if the Granny Goodness/Anti-Life Equation plotline wraps up in “Into the Breach” and “Overwhelmed” turns out to be about the Connor/M’gann wedding (which would be emotional for both characters)... but I doubt this very much.

The synopsis for “Nevermore” promises that things will come full circle, so perhaps the senior members of the Team will all be publicly welcomed into the Justice League and their relationship to the Outsiders will be recognised as well... Such a scene would be similar to the very public display of camaraderie between the JL and their respective protégés at the Hall of Justice at the start of “Independence Day”. It would be a happy, celebratory ending to the season... but again, is that too much to hope for?

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The synopsis for “Overwhelmed” may be a red herring. It places Artemis and Superboy in the spotlight, but the focus on their respective pasts could well turn out to be little more than a sub-plot. The only way I could see either of them having a lot to do in this episode is if the Granny Goodness/Anti-Life Equation plotline wraps up in “Into the Breach” and “Overwhelmed” turns out to be about the Connor/M’gann wedding (which would be emotional for both characters)... but I doubt this very much.

The synopsis for “Nevermore” promises that things will come full circle, so perhaps the senior members of the Team will all be publicly welcomed into the Justice League and their relationship to the Outsiders will be recognised as well... Such a scene would be similar to the very public display of camaraderie between the JL and their respective protégés at the Hall of Justice at the start of “Independence Day”. It would be a happy, celebratory ending to the season... but again, is that too much to hope for?
Yeah, it's feeling the logline for "Into the Breach" has some finality to it so it could be the end of the Apokolips part of the season and the last 2 episodes could be an epilogue of the other storylines and wrap things up.

I like to think "Overwhelmed" will address Artemis and Superboy's season arcs and somehow tie into the season finale. Boy does the former need it, imo.

The heroes are due for a happy ending of sorts but I'm more concerned with trying to figure out what kind of victory the Light will get out out it (cuz we know that's 100% likely to happen, sigh). It probably has to do with why they wanted to keep Terra embedded in the Team. Maybe they want the meta-teens imprisoned in the Orphanage? The machine or its components? Or even steal the Orphanage for themselves?

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
This season seemed to have planted a lot of seeds for things next season than any other season has in the past. Jason Todd, the Rocket Reds, Task force X, Batman Inc, Infinity Inc, are all plots that they surely don’t have the time to acknowledge in the last 3 episodes. I think season 4 may be our shortest time skip yet

Batboy84

Well I think we know how everything's coming full circle in the finale. A little weird they'd be going to Markovia, wonder what's going on there? And Metron taking Halo AND Lian? Have to admit, didn't see that one coming. Also, thank goodness Nightwing's still alive by the time they head to Markovia. lol

Frontier

Staff member
Well I think we know how everything's coming full circle in the finale. A little weird they'd be going to Markovia, wonder what's going on there? And Metron taking Halo AND Lian? Have to admit, didn't see that one coming. Also, thank goodness Nightwing's still alive by the time they head to Markovia. lol
I assume Bedlam broke out of the dungeon and staged a coup to take over Markovia, necessitating Brion and Tara coming back to stop him.

I'm guessing this time, thanks to character development, Geo-Force will actually be able to beat his uncle (with his sisters help, most likely).

I don't think Metron intended to take Lian. He was after Halo and she just got Boomtubed because Halo was holding on to her.

Also confirmation that the Light (speficially Lex) is behind Infinity Inc. and the rest of the Oustiders take on Granny/Gretchen.

Batboy84

I assume Bedlam broke out of the dungeon and staged a coup to take over Markovia, necessitating Brion and Tara coming back to stop him.
I'm wondering if what's going on with Terra right now has anything to do with it...
I don't think Metron intended to take Lian. He was after Halo and she just got Boomtubed because Halo was holding on to her.
Yeah, but for those of us who were worried that something bad will happen to Lian, especially now that her fate is in the hands of someone as callous as Metron, it's not looking good for her. :crying:

Light Lucario

Staff member
I wonder if they'll find out that Terra has been a spy this whole time. Given everything else going on during these last three episodes, I'm not sure if there would be enough time to address it or have it play a role in how they resolve one of the many other subplots from this season.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Huh. Headscratcher. I really thought the promo for the season finale would have just been a collection of scenes from the entire season and not show any new scenes. Oh well.

Hmm. Markovia as I theorized. I wonder if the Light wants to "annex" it into their sphere of influence like they did to Qurac, the Rhelasias, Santa Prisca, etc. Perhaps Markovia was their back up if they couldn't get Vlatava in x amount of time. It would give them a foot hold into Europe if they don't already have some other country there in their pocket.

Oh crud, I just saw that Metron took Cyborg too. Also, does anyone else see a green monkey watching Metron take them too?
They're in the Hub, so that could have been Beast Boy.

Frontier

Staff member
Huh. Headscratcher. I really thought the promo for the season finale would have just been a collection of scenes from the entire season and not show any new scenes. Oh well.

Hmm. Markovia as I theorized. I wonder if the Light wants to "annex" it into their sphere of influence like they did to Qurac, the Rhelasias, Santa Prisca, etc. Perhaps Markovia was their back up if they couldn't get Vlatava in x amount of time. It would give them a foot hold into Europe if they don't already have some other country there in their pocket.
I could see Queen Bee wanting it...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Patrick Morgan posted the Source Wall art.

I could see Queen Bee wanting it...
True, they could funnel the Tar from Markovia to Bialya and basically have their meta human lab set up there. Queen Bee could sell private meta armies on the black market. Increase the ranks of her own team. Start expanding the borders by force. It would be a horrific boon for the Light.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts