Now that Disney is absorbing Fox Studios, when will they make another X-Men cartoon and what should it be about?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
This new Marvel promotional image feels somewhat relevant:

EBIlKl6WwAEewM6

This is a Marvel promotional poster using the promotional art designs for various Marvel heroes, and these are usually used somewhat as a basis for their cartoon looks. You can now see Cyclops, Storm, Scarlet Witch, and Wolverine on the poster.

Of note, Cyclops and Storm are wearing new costumes that I've never seen them wear before.

I mean, this doesn't guarantee a cartoon is in the works, since we've got the Runaways, Phil Coulson, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Korg, Spider-Ham, etc. in it, but I felt it noticeable.
That looks like the same Storm design from the Strike Force game. Well, maybe just the hair.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
8a6adf13dbf9185b7501c88100cc28a7.jpg

Last edited:

CrossTag

EBITaRoWwAUX59k

Different angle of the image, we can see Falcon, Vision, Cloake and War Machine in the upper corners, we can also see Deadpool's head in the botton right corner, there's also characters insignias at the botton, i can see Black Widow, Captain America, Spider-Man, Black Panther and Deadpool. The X-Men seems to have a brand new logo.

Frontier

Staff member
EBITaRoWwAUX59k

Different angle of the image, we can see Falcon, Vision, Cloake and War Machine in the upper corners, we can also see Deadpool's head in the botton right corner, there's also characters insignias at the botton, i can see Black Widow, Captain America, Spider-Man, Black Panther and Deadpool. The X-Men seems to have a brand new logo.
I also see Thing at the top right. I think he's the only FF representation on there.

I wonder if it's a coincidence that the X-Men have an outright logo like Spider-Man, Avengers, and Guardians do. Especially since those are pretty similar to the logos they use for the cartoons.

bigdaddy313

This new Marvel promotional image feels somewhat relevant:

EBIlKl6WwAEewM6

This is a Marvel promotional poster using the promotional art designs for various Marvel heroes, and these are usually used somewhat as a basis for their cartoon looks. You can now see Cyclops, Storm, Scarlet Witch, and Wolverine on the poster.

Of note, Cyclops and Storm are wearing new costumes that I've never seen them wear before.

I mean, this doesn't guarantee a cartoon is in the works, since we've got the Runaways, Phil Coulson, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Korg, Spider-Ham, etc. in it, but I felt it noticeable.
I watched Future Avengers season 1 and all the characters in the show look exactly like this, from the costume to the character features.

Frontier

Staff member
So, just taking what information we've gathered:

- Animated productions are in the works based on properties Marvel hasn't done anything with in near a decade, which we will probably hear about at D23.

- The X-Men pop up in Marvel promotional art including Cyclops and Storm in seemingly original designs, begging the question of what they based these designs off of when this kind of promo art usually tries to be in-line with the cartoon depictions or content to that effect.

- The X-Men have their own outright brand logo alongside Spider-Man, Avengers, and Guardians, all three of which use the same (or relatively same) logo designs for their cartoon series. Notably the Fantastic Four are represented only by a symbol.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
We all know a new X men if far long overdue(seriously I know crap on what's going on into the comics) so I'm thinking we should introduce new characters like X Statix, Oya, and Kid Omega

Frontier

Staff member
These are just general things I'd like to see:

- A THEME SONG.

- Strong and memorable action sequences.

- Good animation and visual presentation. I don't want to watch an X-Men cartoon that looks like Avengers Assemble or Marvel's Spider-Man.

- A strong voice cast with compelling and memorable storylines that plays to their strengths. Wolverine and the X-Men set a fairly good bar on this front.

- Staying true to the spirit of the comics within an animated format. The X-Men should still feel like the X-Men, and come off as a found family group of heroes working to save a world that hates and fears them. The property deals with some weighty material but that's never stopped X-Men cartoons before.

- Compelling villains who feel like legitimate threats. The X-Men have some of the biggest and most memorable villains in comics, and any good X-Men cartoon should do them justice.

- Serialized storytelling with sub-plots and multiple character arcs. This was the kind of stuff that made the X-Men so popular to begin with.

- Actual significant character development for the main cast. I'd like to see these characters grow and change over time to see those changes stick and be meaningful. And that goes the same for their personal relationships.

- Good team dynamics and interpersonal relationships. Make the team really feel like a cohesive unit and family with different and varied relationships with one another that you can play out.

- Do away with Marvel's "no romance" mandate. The X-Men have some of the most famous and iconic romances in comics, and not doing anything with any of them for some silly notion that boys don't like romance in cartoons is something I would really hate to see happen. I don't want the show bogged down by romance or relationship drama, but I feel it should still be a factor.

- Don't overuse Wolverine. I mean, I love Wolverine, but I'd like to see everybody get their time to shine.

- Embrace the full tapestry of the X-Men mythos with all it's various characters and teams. Maybe try not too bog down the show too much, but it would be really cool to see the New Mutants, X-Factor, X-Force, etc. and the characters who are part of those shows introduced or built up to.

brodie999

I watched Future Avengers season 1 and all the characters in the show look exactly like this, from the costume to the character features.
You know, in case you haven't noticed, the Thing is the only FF character to appear in the brand new logo. He appears in the way back right behind Storm and Daredevil.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
What happened to that animated series that Bleeding Cool reported was happening a long time back? Oh that's right...it was fake.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Can we not start this again? Bringing up a rumor from a while ago, that was pretty much debunked a couple of times since, only to call someone a liar doesn't really add anything to the discussion.

Frontier

Staff member
Can we not start this again? Bringing up a rumor from a while ago, that was pretty much debunked a couple of times since, only to call someone a liar doesn't really add anything to the discussion.
Yeah, compared to that we now have what might be physical evidence that something is in the works, which is more then we had with that rumor.

Especially with the Fox deal and what Cort Lane said himself.

Frontier

Staff member
So, it seems like Marvel Television is working with Floyd County again. Could it be that they're working on Deadpool, but this time without Donald and Stephen Glover involvement?
Would not surprise me if they're animating the Hulu cartoons, especially since those in some ways owe their origin to the canceled Deadpool cartoon.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Would not surprise me if they're animating the Hulu cartoons, especially since those in some ways owe their origin to the canceled Deadpool cartoon.

I can definitely see that being the case.
01809f1e355f9a402f50e6889838b36c.jpg

I'm guessing these won't be considered motion comics like Titmouse's Black Panther series. It's nice to have an idea of what they will probably be like now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I found out that the original All That is not created by Dan Schneider. Is that true?
WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!

Featured Posts