Animation on FOX - News and Discussion

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
They really have to shorten the seasons of the Simpsons and Family Guy. I mean, with hundreds of episodes in the can, what's the point of running seasons of 20+ episodes with over 300 episode in a long running series?

What exactly are you talking about?

JTOONSAnimation

They really have to shorten the seasons of the Simpsons and Family Guy. I mean, with hundreds of episodes in the can, what's the point of running seasons of 20+ episodes with over 300 episode in a long running series?

More episodes = More valuable it is in syndication and streaming. Besides Fox needs programming to air year round. Or they'll just have lots of encore slots

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The Simpsons would actually be more valuable to Disney if they canceled it. They could go to town on different syndication deals once they stop making new episodes. Fox has only kept it around this long for brand recognition. They and Disney would be making a LOT more money off the show if they didn't have to pay for new episodes.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
The Simpsons would actually be more valuable to Disney if they canceled it. They could go to town on different syndication deals once they stop making new episodes. Fox has only kept it around this long for brand recognition. They and Disney would be making a LOT more money off the show if they didn't have to pay for new episodes.

It sounds so villainous - and yet, it's the right thing to do to it. Plus, this show can finally properly end, while still being worth something. It's a win-win, even if it's clear this show should have burned out a long, long time ago.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
It sounds so villainous - and yet, it's the right thing to do to it. Plus, this show can finally properly end, while still being worth something. It's a win-win, even if it's clear this show should have burned out a long, long time ago.
The show is also STILL pretty expensive to make, even though the cast took a paycut and they got rid of the orchestra. They had to do all that because new episodes of the shows actually lose Fox money. I don't see Disney keeping the show on the air another 30 years. I'd be shocked if it gets another multi-year renewal or even a renewal at all.

JTOONSAnimation

I think we can expect episodes at least through 2023 when the FXX rights expire. It seems that Disney is trying to keep all of their properties to themselves, like how they're pulling Family Guy/Bob's Burgers from WarnerMedia. I could be wrong, but it seems like Disney isn't planning on having some of it's shows syndicated to other cable networks at the moment. But I think Disney will continue the show for a while, as long as Fox (now that they have acquired billions) is paying for episodes, and Disney gets the rerun/streaming rights. Like I said 2023 might be where things change.

jasonnguyen2606

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
First Simpsons home video release to be distributed under Disney but still won’t use Disney artwork cover like what x-men dark Phoenix did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It IS however the first DVD since Season Five not to follow the "Head" format. Homer was already represented in Season Six (the first Head box).

jasonnguyen2606

It IS however the first DVD since Season Five not to follow the "Head" format. Homer was already represented in Season Six (the first Head box).

That’s wired. They already put milhouse as a season 19 cover for digital release and now fox still chose homer for physical release? This’s getting pretty old really fast. I’m pretty sure Disney will do something about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dudley

Staff member
I’m excited to see what Disney and Fox will do with the Simpsons after the 32nd season. Since Fox doesn’t make money off merch or even international broadcast deals, will they be willing to fork over cash for a new season of a show that has become absurdly expensive. It’ll be very foolish if they did.

I wonder how people react when either is responsible for the show’s ending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTOONSAnimation

I think they'll still keep it around for a while, it's still Fox's most watched show on Sundays. I'm sure Disney won't mind them keeping it for a while, Fox uses their acquired billions to pay for new episodes and Disney gets to build up their library.

I'm sure it'll be Fox that will be putting an end to the show, come September, Disney will have the rights to thirty seasons, and having Fox pay for new episodes and making the series even more valuable, I think Disney is gonna ride this one out.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Speaking of that show, I hope Disney+ cuts a scene from "D'oh Canada" which references seal clubbing. It is a very touchy topic and even I was offended by that scene since seals are one of my favorite animals.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Speaking of that show, I hope Disney+ cuts a scene from "D'oh Canada" which references seal clubbing. It is a very touchy topic and even I was offended by that scene since seals are one of my favorite animals.
You are advocating censorship. That's messed up.

Edit:

If you REALLY have a problem with it, don't buy that season. Simple as that.

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
Things that were learned about the upcoming season of Bob's Burgers, from the Comic-Con panel:

Bob finally gets Linda an engagement ring

The Halloween episode will be an "A Nightmare on Elm Street" homage involving a fetal pig haunting Tina

There will be an episode set entirely in a mall that will take Tina's boy-craziness to new levels of creepy

One episode will have Teddy trying to hide the fact he's taken a job for Jimmy Pesto from Bob

The Thanksgiving episode will have the family cooking a turkey outdoors, and looking for more stuff to throw into the fire

The movie is set to me released in 2020 and will see the return of Kupi-Kopi's spiritual form, reveal info about Bob's mother, and we'll finally learn what's under Louise's bunny ears.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts