Disney bought 21st Century Fox for $71.3 billion in stock

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
The Sound of Music should also be on Disney+.

It has aired on ABC for many years.

Mandouga

Except, The Sound of Music wasn't made or released by Disney, and even if ABC still had the rights to air it on TV, that doesn't mean Disney+ will have the streaming rights. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure that Disney+ won't be posting any third party stuff.

lowell

Except, The Sound of Music wasn't made or released by Disney, and even if ABC still had the rights to air it on TV, that doesn't mean Disney+ will have the streaming rights. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure that Disney+ won't be posting any third party stuff.
Actually, it’s a 20th Century Fox movie and has been confirmed to be one of the titles you can stream on Disney+ at launch.

ZackSmith1

Apparently, in the Netherlands where previous Fox Films were released by Warner Brothers, they are now being released by Disney, meaning the integration process for film distribution is happening also their. Dark Phoenix was apparently the last Fox Film distributed by WB in Netherlands before Disney took over starting with Stuber.

Links:

TargetmasterJoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I brought it up earlier on TV Tropes, but it's pretty interesting how the Fox logo is virtually nowhere and any mention of Fox is relegated to a tiny credit at the very end.

I guess it further cements how Disney is considering 20th Century Fox and Blue Sky Studios as separate film pillars.

So in that regard, if Fox is relegated for the mature crowd and Disney already has Pixar and WDAS, would Blue Sky be for the "cheaper-to-make, ergo, there's more wiggle room for what gets in" type of animated movie?

Apparently, in the Netherlands where previous Fox Films were released by Warner Brothers, they are now being released by Disney, meaning the integration process for film distribution is happening also their. Dark Phoenix was apparently the last Fox Film distributed by WB in Netherlands before Disney took over starting with Stuber.

Links:

A Marvel movie released by Warner Bros.? That's...surreal.

PF9

I saw someone mention the idea of having The Simpsons on Disney+ but I don't think it would work there are quite a bit of moments on the show that are inappropriate for children even though it's relatively benign compared to most Fox cartoons.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
I saw someone mention the idea of having The Simpsons on Disney+ but I don't think it would work there are quite a bit of moments on the show that are inappropriate for children even though it's relatively benign compared to most Fox cartoons.

It's not an "idea." They're doing it. Disney announced it a few months ago.

Also, Disney will be censoring content on the platform, so it won't be a problem for them.

PF9

There are probably a few episodes that are too "hot" for Disney+

Those who want to watch the show uncut could turn to Hulu or FXNOW.

The Master C

JTOONSAnimation

Keep in mind The Simpsons is a PG (sometimes PG-13) show, and Disney+ is planned to have content range from G to PG-13, while Hulu wil have R rated content.

PF9

Hulu would have some high-end PG-13 content too

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts