"Love, Death & Robots" Adult-Themed Animated Shorts Series coming to Netflix

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Via the Hollywood Reporter, Tim Miller and David Fincher are working on an animated anthology series aimed at adults, titled Love, Death & Robots, for Netflix.
Deadpool helmer Tim Miller and David Fincher have teamed up to create an animated anthology series aimed at adults, titled Love, Death & Robots, for Netflix.
The series will be a collection of 18 animated short stories that span the science fiction, fantasy, horror and comedy genres. Monday's announcement promises characters such as "sentient dairy products, werewolf soldiers" and "robots gone wild."
The production will presumably involve Miller's short form animation company Blur Studio, though animation styles will vary from traditional 2D to photoreal CG, and each of the planned 18 stories will be created by a different team of animated filmmakers from around the world.
“Love, Death & Robots is my dream project,” says Miller, who will exec produce with Fincher, Jennifer Miller and Josh Donen. “It combines my love of animation and amazing stories. Midnight movies, comics, books and magazines of fantastic fiction have inspired me for decades, but they were relegated to the fringe culture of geeks and nerds of which I was a part. I’m so [removed] excited that the creative landscape has finally changed enough for adult-themed animation to become part of a larger cultural conversation.”

Note the article above contains some foul language.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
The last two adult animated shows added to Netflix were Paradise PD and Superdrags, so it's not too hard to top.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Hello new gifs, between this and the Acid scene in Deadly Class I got something for the random pictures thread

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
It looks like some sort of weird marriage of "The AniMatrix" and "Heavy Metal" (with a dash of "Fritz the Cat").

TargetmasterJoe

It looks like some sort of weird marriage of "The AniMatrix" and "Heavy Metal" (with a dash of "Fritz the Cat").

If I'm not mistaken, this originally was brainstormed as a Heavy Metal reboot, but they couldn't use the name because Robert Rodriguez still had dibs on the name itself.

Good on them getting a new season. Hoping there's more robots and more varied art styles that ISN'T video game cutscene.

Darkdawn

I Am Here
Some of Jennifer Yuh Nelson's earliest work was on adult animation (Todd McFarlane's Spawn and Spicy City) so it feels like she's coming full circle. A great addition to the LD&R crew.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.

Featured Posts