Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Breaking Stuff is Hard to Do" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout! Disney XD will air three new episodes, tonight starting at 9:30PM ET! Don't miss the three-part season finale!

Kvd9NPa.png
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Breaking Stuff is Hard to Do"
Episode Debut - June 9th, 2019

With reinforcements gathered, the Guardians and their friends head out to find the fragments of Dragonfang – a legendary weapon that will finally be able to defeat The Serpent forever.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

Frontier

Staff member
The Guardians must break out the pieces of the Dragonfang sword in order to defeat the Serpent! So still some breaking out going on in Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout ;).

I thought Valkyrie would be a more major presence in this season then she was, but it turns out her sword is far more important then she is. And it isn't even her sword in this continuity o_O.

A fetch quest this late in the game? Well, I guess it gives a chance for separate missions featuring the all-new, all-different, Guardians team in interesting combinations...

Go Team Pet! I loved Cosmo playing mediator between Howard and Rocket as they're forced to work together again, although I kind of feel bad for that planet they were messing with and almost caused a weather disaster on :sweat:.

So between Hulk and Drax, Hulk inches out a little when it comes to intelligence, but Drax has Hulk beat by a mile when it comes to having faith in Gamora ;).

Is Drax just that invulnerable or does he seem to gain more strength whenever he fights The Hulk? Because I think just one punch from Hulk would ordinarily flatten about anybody :confused:.

Those Serpent beasts reminded me of the Brood. I wonder if that was intentional :cool:?

Yondu finally admits he cares about Quill and sacrifices himself to save Peter. Was it as effective as in the movie? No. Could it have been better built up to? Probably. But I still appreciated the show trying to do something meaningful with Yondu by this point and seemingly having the guts to actually kill him off (fairly brutally I might add). In fact I'd say this episode had his best showing since early season 1 :eek:.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Guardians Of The Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Breaking Stuff Is Hard To Do"

I don't know what it is, but there is something funny about watching a cartoon duck beat up a cartoon raccoon. Especially if the duck is wearing a suit. Cosmo really regrets working with talking animals.

I am amused that even Hulk is disturbed he's smart compared to Drax. That should not actually the true. The fact that it is alarms even the Hulk.

Yondu's sacrifice: I like it in theory. Lines up with the MCU in giving the scuzzy guy a redemption arc saving Quill. But how do I put this? The turnaround was too quick. That sounds counterintuitive because this is a three season series instead of two movies, and they should have had the proper timing to be able to show his evolution. Except they didn't bother doing that at all before this episode. So it's sort of out of left field. This is not a mistake the series needed to make. All they had to do was occasionally say that Yondu was not all bad. Because they never thought to do that before tonight, his sacrifice doesn't feel earned at all. I'm glad he made it. I just don't quite BELIEVE he made it, if you follow me.

It was still a good episode. ***1/2.

Frontier

Staff member
Yondu's sacrifice: I like it in theory. Lines up with the MCU in giving the scuzzy guy a redemption arc saving Quill. But how do I put this? The turnaround was too quick. That sounds counterintuitive because this is a three season series instead of two movies, and they should have had the proper timing to be able to show his evolution. Except they didn't bother doing that at all before this episode. So it's sort of out of left field. This is not a mistake the series needed to make. All they had to do was occasionally say that Yondu was not all bad. Because they never thought to do that before tonight, his sacrifice doesn't feel earned at all. I'm glad he made it. I just don't quite BELIEVE he made it, if you follow me.
I definitely think the show could have better built up to it. As it is they never really did much with Yondu aside from an occasional, minor, antagonist :shrug:.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts