*Sigh* This is beyond old & frustrating to listen to... What is it with vids like these getting so many views, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.

It's like my title says.... Seriously, Doom & Gloom, much??? They are right about Cable TV dying out in The US, eventually. That's it, though - especially when you consider Cable TV doing fine elsewhere in the world.

Also, those comments - talk about living in the past too much. These are the kinds of people no one should be making anything for, IMHO.
You need new and fresh ideas (as in, NOT REBOOTS) to stay relevant and keep your medium relevant, like Western animation in general could use a good kick in the rear with more of, as it is.

Besides, despite the lack of action shows, CN has pleased me quite a lot, unlike some of these people living in the past (Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gumball, We Bare Bears, Clarence, OK K.O.!, Craig of the Creek, for obvious examples; heck - MaoMao has proven to be a surprise amongst surprises for me.); so I know this is just more clickbait, deep down, rather than offering something worth conversing about.

I mean, I understand not wanting Thundercats Roar to be a thing, because it doesn't look like my cup of tea, either. Too bad this is just more blowing hot air from people who clearly don't even watch this channel anyway and just read online articles about it, just to seem in-the-loop.

Other than that, I really can't stand how negative people can be sometimes. Especially those living in the past and think everything will be better if we just brought everything from the past back and rerunned it to death, instead of coming up with and creating new & fresh ideas worth actually sitting down to, honestly. Besides, it's living in the past that got us all these disappointing and/or awful reboots on this specific channel (PPG & Ben 10, for major examples!) as it is!

So, now I ask you guys - do you agree these are just more people blowing off steam, or are you legit worried about the Future of CN, as of late, but actually have some ideas of how to hopefully turn those woes around? And NO, just handing everything off to [adult swim] or Toonami won't fix any so-called problems here. CN needs to live on so Western animation can continue to grow and get better in a real way, thank you very much!

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
So, now I ask you guys - do you agree these are just more people blowing off steam, or are you legit worried about the Future of CN, as of late, but actually have some ideas of how to hopefully turn those woes around? And NO, just handing everything off to [adult swim] or Toonami won't fix any so-called problems here. CN needs to live on so Western animation can continue to grow and get better in a real way, thank you very much!

I watched the video.

They're just blowing off steam, but beyond that, they seem to think CN is now catering to foreign (Asian) markets, and that explains all of their questionable line-up choices (like Thundercats Roar). Which is just a weird theory.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
I watched the video.

They're just blowing off steam, but beyond that, they seem to think CN is now catering to foreign (Asian) markets, and that explains all of their questionable line-up choices (like Thundercats Roar). Which is just a weird theory.
I haven't watched the video, but I think that theory may have some merit. PPG 2016, for instance, is an absolute train wreck in terms of both quality and ratings, and I bet it would've gotten the axe a long time ago had its international popularity not kept it afloat.

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I think it's a bit ridiculous to assume that ThunderCats Roar is made for Asia. We Baby Bear Bears, Ben 10 and the last seasons of Adventure Time, yes, definitely, but ThunderCats Roar? ThunderCats isn't exactly popular in Asia AFAIK. It's from the 80s! I am pretty sure most of its fans live in America. (not to say that it has no fans outside America)

TheMisterManGuy

I stopped being entertained by "My favorite network as a kid sucks now" videos years ago. They almost never say anything new, and just come off as "old men yelling at clouds". In any case, I think CN is fine at the moment. They've got good shows that are doing decent like OK KO, We Bare Bears, Craig of the Creek, Victor and Valentino and upcoming shows like Mao Mao and Infinity Train.

That's really what it comes down to, so long as you have enough good shows, you're safe in my book. I don't give two fidgets about scheduling or branding, content is what matters, especially now in an era where you can watch what you want, when you want.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I don’t watch videos like this. I value my sanity too much.
Jeez, you're like those people who are even against small doses of alcohol / coffee / chocolate / cigarettes / rat poison. A healthy dose of weekly hatred on ToonZone has never hurt anyone! :D

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I don’t watch videos like this. I value my sanity too much.

Wise decision, m8. I didn't start my morning off right, doing this, even if it did drum up some conversation like I hoped it would, just to make fun of it, at least.

I stopped being entertained by "My favorite network as a kid sucks now" videos years ago. They almost never say anything new, and just come off as "old men yelling at clouds". In any case, I think CN is fine at the moment. They've got good shows that are doing decent like OK KO, We Bare Bears, Craig of the Creek, Victor and Valentino and upcoming shows like Mao Mao and Infinity Train.

That's really what it comes down to, so long as you have enough good shows, you're safe in my book. I don't give two fidgets about scheduling or branding, content is what matters, especially now in an era where you can watch what you want, when you want.

This - even if the scheduling still stinks, always and forever THIS. And most of those you mentioned are good shows (only because I wouldn't say that much positive abut V&V, unfortunately, but that's just all IMHO - I'm glad someone likes it, though.). Besides, like I said, I only posted this noise to make fun of it. Because people who live in the past like most of these commentors on YT? They need to be ignored. Brutally and completely.

Last edited:

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Seriously? Don't know if the demand was high in Asia, or maybe it's Asia that favors the kind of cartoon the new Thundercats series will be.
It's almost like they're implying Asian people like cheap bastardizations of old properties. Do they think we're that dumb?

I mean, we are sometimes, but really?
Jeez, you're like those people who are even against small doses of alcohol / coffee / chocolate / cigarettes / rat poison. A healthy dose of weekly hatred on ToonZone has never hurt anyone! :D
I've grown accustomed to seeing frustrating crap on the internet, but I won't touch that video with a 20-foot pole because it's such a boooring subject that has been discussed a centillion times, and they often present the same freaking cases for their argument. They're cutting out the dead horse's innards at this point.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Looks at Title of Video: Yawns.

Cartoon Network ,without looking at the video (to save brain cells) this video seems to "shows i don't like mean channel is awful" but CN is fine, they are like a baseball team they don't win all 162 games but they do just fine. They a nice selection of animated shows , people that are for different people that's a good thing.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I think I'll go ahead and close this thread. I don't want to give more exposure to these kind of videos and videos complaining about Cartoon Network, or really any channel primarily focused on children's programming for that matter, are far too common. Not liking these kind of videos is perfectly understandable, but they're also pretty easy to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts