"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Another clip from this week's "Black Vortex" episodes.
I don't think this is how anyone was expecting Ronan to come back :sweat:.
There's the Midgard Serpent, the giant monster that the Avengers fought in the first season of "Avengers Assemble". But there's also Cul Borson, nicknamed "the Serpent", brother of Odin and God of Fear, who recruited 8 powerful warriors as his "childrens" using magic/twisted hammers. I think he's talking about Cul Borson's Serpent.
Suddenly this sounds like it's turning into a Thor cartoon :p.

EDIT 5/12: Speaking of Thor cartoons, I just watched a promo of the Darkhawk arc, and it looks like MCU Valkyrie will be showing up :).

Last edited:

brodie999

I don't think this is how anyone was expecting Ronan to come back :sweat:.

Suddenly this sounds like it's turning into a Thor cartoon :p.

EDIT 5/12: Speaking of Thor cartoons, I just watched a promo of the Darkhawk arc, and it looks like MCU Valkyrie will be showing up :).
Really? Show us a video of it so we can see it. It looks like this won't be the Valkyrie we saw in the GOTG: Awesome Mix Infinite Comics.

TheLemsterPju

Really? Show us a video of it so we can see it. It looks like this won't be the Valkyrie we saw in the GOTG: Awesome Mix Infinite Comics.

Unlike Baron Mordo, where being sent to the Quantum Realm somehow made him a different race(?), there's multiple Valkyries. It could be that its not the same one from that comic.

TheLemsterPju

Valkyrie and a Darkhawk from the promo that Frontier mentioned.
dd6vjod-7021e97f-879e-4118-9bc5-0305bba2357e.png

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Log-lines for episodes 22 and 23 of Mission Breakout are now up on Zap2It.
Holding Out for a Hero
SEASON 3 , EPISODE 22
AIRING JUN 02, 2019
The Guardians have to team up with Loki in Asgard when The Serpent infects the World Tree and threatens to destroy the universe.
With a Little Help From My Friends
SEASON 3 , EPISODE 23
AIRING JUN 02, 2019
As the Guardians prepare to take the fight to The Serpent, they Bifrost around the galaxy to gather reinforcements.
I am not sure if this would be the season (series?) finale, as with Black Panther's Quest, or if the show might get a full 26 episodes this season. We should find out if there's more in the next couple of weeks.

Frontier

Staff member
Log-lines for episodes 22 and 23 of Mission Breakout are now up on Zap2It.

I am not sure if this would be the season (series?) finale, as with Black Panther's Quest, or if the show might get a full 26 episodes this season. We should find out if there's more in the next couple of weeks.
Suddenly the Darkhawk arc becomes an Asgard arc :p.

I'm honestly kind of surprised how much Thor stuff this show has used :cool:.

I don't know if episode 23 is the finale, but "gather reinforcements" sounds like "get every character from past seasons back for the series finale"-ish ;).

Frontier

Staff member
Raven-Symoné will voice Valkyrie. There are more comments in the link.

I like Raven-Symone but I'm not sure if she's a good fit for Valkyrie, even the MCU version. Her voice is just a little too high-pitched and not as commanding as I think the character should sound :confused:.
This reminds me, I think only Henry Winkler is left as a guest-star mentioned last year who hasn't shown up on the series yet. Perhaps he will be the Serpent villain?
That would definitely be playing against type :p.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Well, she's mainly known for voicing sassy and/or level headed characters, like Monique from Kim Possible, Maria Media from Big City Greens, or Iridessa from the Tinkerbell movies, not stoic, experienced warriors.

Frontier

Staff member
Well, she's mainly known for voicing sassy and/or level headed characters, like Monique from Kim Possible, Maria Media from Big City Greens, or Iridessa from the Tinkerbell movies, not stoic, experienced warriors.
Well, Valkyrie can be sassy, so she can get that down, but all the same this stunt-casting doesn't seem to work as well compared to Ming-Na as Phyla :confused:.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Well, Valkyrie can be sassy, so she can get that down, but all the same this stunt-casting doesn't seem to work as well compared to Ming-Na as Phyla :confused:.
Well, Ming Na Wen is capable of doing more than Mulan, and she's a fit with all roles she does.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
For what it's worth, IMDb lists Robin Atkin Downes as the voice of the Serpent. It might be thanks to the episodes airing in other countries before the US, or it might be inaccurate. We'll find out in the next couple of weeks, though. It still leaves the question of which character Winkler might be playing, I would imagine it would be a pretty major role after the other quest-stars announced alongside him were Phyla-Vell and now Valkyrie, who seems to appear in more than one episode.

New preview clip.

TheLemsterPju

I can't reveal where I found this info, but the final THREE episode titles are:

Breaking Stuff is Hard to Do

Killer Queen

Just One Victory

Also, I'm unsure about posting the episode descriptions...

But yes, Asgard plays a MASSIVE role in the final nine episodes.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Use spoiler tags, if you feel they're necessary, if you want to share the log-lines. Or wait until they are revealed officially via Zap2It or the June premieres press release, possibly next week.

TheLemsterPju

Use spoiler tags, if you feel they're necessary, if you want to share the log-lines. Or wait until they are revealed officially via Zap2It or the June premieres press release, possibly next week.

Yeah, they already aired in Russia and the Netherlands, and I happened to find a site that had the episode titles and the synopsis for each of the final episodes.

At the same time...I'll wait until it's officially released. I don't want to risk getting an email from Disney. :sweat:

Frontier

Staff member
For what it's worth, IMDb lists Robin Atkin Downes as the voice of the Serpent. It might be thanks to the episodes airing in other countries before the US, or it might be inaccurate. We'll find out in the next couple of weeks, though. It still leaves the question of which character Winkler might be playing, I would imagine it would be a pretty major role after the other quest-stars announced alongside him were Phyla-Vell and now Valkyrie, who seems to appear in more than one episode.
Robert Atkin Downes should be a good fit for an Asgardian character :).

I'm actually kind of surprised that I don't think he's ever voiced one :confused:.
We never see Nova Prime in action, so it would be kind of hilarious to think she's actually this tough :p.

Also nice to know we'll see Sam again, despite the circumstances :ack:.
I can't reveal where I found this info, but the final THREE episode titles are:

Breaking Stuff is Hard to Do

Killer Queen

Just One Victory

I guess I'm glad that it seems not every Marvel cartoon is going to end at 23 episodes like Panther's Quest :sweat:.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts