Could somebody identify this cartoon for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zepp

Hi, idk if it's the right place to post it.

I remember a cartoon about a guy venturing into jungles, deserts etc. Actually there was no color but black and white. The whole scene was drawn in lines. Very simple. You know; like the simplest shape of a human you used to draw back then. An ellipse drawn vertically instead of head and - if I recall correctly - a rectangle as like torso and simple lines as arms and legs. He used to go around the world but it wasn't quite safe though. There was some criminals trying to take him down. It was awesome. He wouldn't surrender. I actually don't remember any kinda dialogues but I'm sure there was a way to communicate.

I attached a drawing of him blurry remembered off the top of my head.

I would sincerely appreciate you guys if you helped me.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Seriously? No one has seen it? :confused:
People aren't always going to know what you're talking about. If someone does know, I'm sure they'll respond. In the meantime, please be patient.

I don't know if it would help, but do you remember where you saw this cartoon (like what channel)?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Looks like something that came on in the 1960s to me. Because those days were full of mininalistic cartoons like the one you mentioned.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
This sounds very familiar, but at least tell us how old you are, what country you live in and what channels you watched!

Probably not these?

zepp

This sounds very familiar, but at least tell us how old you are, what country you live in and what channels you watched!

Probably not these?

Well, I guess it was like 15 or so yrs ago. unfortunately it's none of cartoons you attached.

I live in US now but back then I was in Iran and I'm almost sure their TV-administration (or whatever it's official name is) weren't officially a side of a formal contract over this cartoon. I mean copyright-related stuff. also I have no idea from which channel it's been from.

I think if you could just give me some technical info about these types of cartoons like on a sketching/drawing basis, I'd be able to figure it out myself. for example what kind of category of cartoons does "La Linea" belong to?

I really don't want to bore you guys. I mean because I'm obsessed with this cartoon it doesn't justify nagging on you to figure this out for me but I assure you every little subtle detail you might know, could be super helpful to me.

zepp

If you lived in Iran then it aired on the IRIB channels.
Except for first 2 letters, I'm not sure what it stands for but I guess you're right. but still, I don't think there would be a data-base providing searches according to this specific broadcast organization because as I said they seem to have total contempt for official copyrights. (sorry if it sounds a little harsh :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

zepp

I searched some long lists of classic cartoons on IMDB, still no clue!

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Except for first 2 letters, I'm not sure what it stands for but I guess you're right. but still, I don't think there would be a data-base providing searches according to this specific broadcast organization because as I said they seem to have total contempt for official copyrights. (sorry if it sounds a little harsh :rolleyes:)
Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting. Pretty sure they acquired a bunch of more "sensitive" shows to suit the regime, including obscure ones. Last year I got to see a very obscure classic cartoon on a Kuwaiti channel.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
what kind of category of cartoons does "La Linea" belong to?
Stick figure animation

Are you 100% sure you saw this on TV, not on YouTube or something?
You picture looks very familiar to me!
Maybe it aired on Belgian or Dutch TV then...

Last edited:

zepp

Stick figure animation

Are you 100% sure you saw this on TV, not on YouTube or something?
You picture looks very familiar to me!
Maybe it aired on Belgian or Dutch TV then...
I knew it would. :proud: He always used to wear his hat at a tilt. Since there is no eyes, nose or any other elements of face, it clearly helped to know which direction he's looking at. As I remember the entire cartoon was on a side-view.

Characters in that cartoon had L-shaped feet so first pic is not accurate in that way, besides that, I remember guns like pistols and rifles but the main character never had one (maybe he was a journalist or something).

I just remembered another character. something like this:2.png
"Maybe it aired on Belgian or Dutch TV then... ", yeah I guess, I'm going through them now.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
You're not going to find anything by looking for lists of programs on Dutch / Belgian TV. Those only have the most famous programs. This is not one of them.

zepp

You're not going to find anything by looking for lists of programs on Dutch / Belgian TV. Those only have the most famous programs. This is not one of them.
Well, I thought it could be helpful, now that I see your comment and that's exactly what I found out after hours of searching.

idk my friend. maybe it's better to be patient as PinkiePie97 said. after all it's not a medicine curing cancer! it's just a cartoon. :sad:

zepp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts