Now that Disney is absorbing Fox Studios, when will they make another X-Men cartoon and what should it be about?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
This is random but I was rereading the X-Men/Teen Titans crossover and it got me thinking of some of the animated stuff we've seen in the last ten years like the two Teen Titans movies, Hulk vs Wolverine, X-Men Anime, Young Justice, etc. It would have been really cool to see an X-Men DTV written with slightly older fans in mind than the Disney XD audience. Sure, that won't ever happen but I have fun picturing these things. It would be especially cool if Madhouse was in charge of the animation like they were on some projects like the various anime series and movies or Hulk Vs. While they couldn't get the level of development that they could with a series, a movie (s) would allow them to use heavier subject matter more easily, while being less costly financially. They could focus on a shorter story as well without eventually dragging on like they did with the X-Men Anime.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
This is random but I was rereading the X-Men/Teen Titans crossover and it got me thinking of some of the animated stuff we've seen in the last ten years like the two Teen Titans movies, Hulk vs Wolverine, X-Men Anime, Young Justice, etc. It would have been really cool to see an X-Men DTV written with slightly older fans in mind than the Disney XD audience. Sure, that won't ever happen but I have fun picturing these things. It would be especially cool if Madhouse was in charge of the animation like they were on some projects like the various anime series and movies or Hulk Vs. While they couldn't get the level of development that they could with a series, a movie (s) would allow them to use heavier subject matter more easily, while being less costly financially. They could focus on a shorter story as well without eventually dragging on like they did with the X-Men Anime.

I'd love to see them do the Phoenix Saga as a series of animated movies :cool:.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It would be cool to see how they'd handle that or any of the other classic stories like Days of Future Past or Proteus today. I've always wanted to see X-Men vs Avengers, or the original Giant Size X-Men story, or even just a fun adventure about breaking out of Murderworld. I really hope something's announced this year.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I imagine Colossus' appearances in the Deadpool movies might have increased his popularity, so there might be a chance for him to be featured on a new X-Men cartoon. Though it's only a theory.

Frontier

Staff member
I would say "they'll probably go with the movie roster" since this is a Marvel cartoon, but considering we still don't have an MCU X-Men movie in the cards it's probably anyone's guess :p.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I hope they really take the opportunity to do things differently than they have for the past 6 years. I'm guessing it might be a year before we see anything.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, if anything, I think there would only be announcements for new shows this year and then we'd have to wait a while longer until their premieres.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, if anything, I think there would only be announcements for new shows this year and then we'd have to wait a while longer until their premieres.
And maybe some promo art, although those are notoriously deceptive for Marvel cartoons :p.

Granted, it was a while before we had legitimate footage or any real, tangible, info about Marvel's Spider-Man after it was first announced beyond it's "back-to-basics" status.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Granted, it was a while before we had legitimate footage or any real, tangible, info about Marvel's Spider-Man after it was first announced beyond it's "back-to-basics" status.
Which ultimately turned out to be a total crock. Essentially the entire selling point for the series didn't actually exist. It's one of the reasons I strongly dislike it.

Frontier

Staff member
Which ultimately turned out to be a total crock. Essentially the entire selling point for the series didn't actually exist. It's one of the reasons I strongly dislike it.
Well, it was still "back-to-basics" compared to Ultimate so it wasn't a total crock :p.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Well, it was still "back-to-basics" compared to Ultimate so it wasn't a total crock :p.
I actually find Ultimate Spider-Man a lot less complicated compared to this show. Any show that adapts The Superior Spider-Man is bound to be a lot more involved that a show that routinely does Spidey chibis.

Frontier

Staff member
I actually find Ultimate Spider-Man a lot less complicated compared to this show. Any show that adapts The Superior Spider-Man is bound to be a lot more involved that a show that routinely does Spidey chibis.
That doesn't necessarily sound like a bad thing to me :).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I have never been as frustrated week after week watching Ultimate Spider-Man as I have the new show. The new show is dreary and boring. Even when Ultimate Spider-Man was busy sucking up the joint it held my attention.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts