Should they claim Ladybug as their own?

• Yes, I want to see a Netflix show on TV internationally just to piss me off!

• No! ANYWHERE BUT NETFLIX (or Hulu or Amazon)

• I don't live in America!

• IT'S THE NUTSHACK.

• THIS POLL IS STUPID

Results are only viewable after voting.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Yeah, but this is Disney Channel US we're talking about here. They're probably just going to shove it to Sundays at 6AM like they did with Pat the Dog and Go Away Unicorn...
Well, I do hope they give the show better treatment than Nickelodeon did.
Honestly...I have no idea why they even bothered acquired the US rights...they're more than likely going to dump it...
Probably because the show did well on their international versions.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I don't think it's been confirmed if Netflix is getting season 3. So It's possible it might end up on Disney Channel.

That could explain why Disney Channel is going through the first two seasons relatively fast. They could be trying to get season three sooner rather than later, especially if they don't want to be further behind other Disney Channels in other countries.

The show is produced in English first, and all of season 3 so far has had English episodes released.

I didn't know that the show is produced in English first. I thought that it airs in France first and then dubbed into English later. I must have been mistaken.

That seems pretty likely. I don't know if Netflix would make it harder for them to put the episodes on their website, but they'd probably manage to have the series on their On Demand section. Plus, giving this series a weekday premiere slot seems like a better option than the weekly premiere slot that Nickelodeon gave it. It's much too formulaic and episodic for one new episodes a week to really work.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Woah season 2 as well that quickly, Disney Channel must have heard me , hope the show does well. and we don't end up getting it replaced after two weeks or something.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
1. That could explain why Disney Channel is going through the first two seasons relatively fast. They could be trying to get season three sooner rather than later, especially if they don't want to be further behind other Disney Channels in other countries.

2. I didn't know that the show is produced in English first. I thought that it airs in France first and then dubbed into English later. I must have been mistaken.
1. Then the US could get to season 3 by May 14.

2. This isn't too surprising. Lolirock, for example, is an American - French production, but its recorded in English first . Tabitha St. Germain's dialogue for Amaru is retained in the French dub. Another example is Stitch And Ai, an American -Chinese cartoon. Unlike the Japanese anime Stitch!, the show is recorded in English first and then Chinese. While France airs Miraculous Ladybug first, the English voices are recorded before the French voices.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
Probably, currently most of the weekday schedule treats animated shows as a minor, less compared to kidcoms that flooded the timeslot entirely.

Probably because the show did well on their international versions.
True, but the mindset is different from each other, most international channels of any given said name based on the network's origin, will treat it a little or so in a average as their own show and it
ll usually get more reruns until they decide to stop, but it doesn't mean the it's free from being screwed over, just not as much as what happens here. While here, it's heavily critical as they have high expectations that is yet to fail, for a imported series to be like the original series, successful in ratings, and if it's a dud, they drop it painfully.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Probably, currently most of the weekday schedule treats animated shows as a minor, less compared to kidcoms that flooded the timeslot entirely.

True, but the mindset is different from each other, most international channels of any given said name based on the network's origin, will treat it a little or so in a average as their own show and it'll usually get more reruns until they decide to stop, but it doesn't mean the it's free from being screwed over, just not as much as what happens here. While here, it's heavily critical as they have high expectations that is yet to fail, for a imported series to be like the original series, successful in ratings, and if it's a dud, they drop it painfully.
Well, I get that and I didn't say that it wouldn't get screwed by them. All I said is that I do hope they give the show better treatment than Nickelodeon even if it won't perform better than the original shows they air but that's just me.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
For one thing, Nickelodeon never aired the show earlier than 8:30 AM on a Saturday, 12 PM on Sunday or Sunday also at 7 PM. Unlike Disney Channel in the US, which is airing it in the Early Afternoon Hours, or Early in the Morning.
Well, I don't expect the show to perform better than the original shows and that's all I need to say.

Asa

• Miraculous premieres today here on Disney Channel US.
  • The episode order is different from when it was on Nickelodeon (ex. Stormy Weather is ep. 1 and The Bubbler is ep. 2)
  • I hope that Disney Channel US will air the Miraculous Secerts, Tales from Paris, and the ZAG Chibi shorts.

Dragnatek

I know just Disney USA usually doesn't do things like this. They usually don't pick up shows that have already failed twice. Even a show that is a huge hit in the rest of the world. I'm n it complaining and I'm glad they picked it up and I hope it succeeds this time.

Mandouga

I think it's more that Nickelodeon never had faith in the show to begin with. However, what's the second time the show "failed": KidsClick? What happened with KidsClick had nothing to do with the show (not really).

Dragnatek

I think it's more that Nickelodeon never had faith in the show to begin with. However, what's the second time the show "failed": KidsClick? What happened with KidsClick had nothing to do with the show (not really).
Yeah I know it wasn't the shows fault. I didn't even know Kidsclick existed.

Asa

Disney Channel US is airing the NTSC versions of season 2 episodes, as opposed to Netflix getting the PAL versions of the episodes.

Dudley

Staff member
I'm baffled as to why Miraculous Ladybug even has PAL-pitched prints...it was animated in France...

PRODUCED in France. It’s animation is done in South Korea.
I thought all of Europe used PAL. Learn something new today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts