DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Well, I guess we can finally scratch Red Son off the list ;).

But not that I mind knowing about this stuff ahead of time to get hyped for them, but I feel like WB needs to start cutting down on these leaks, especially when Death and a few other films leaked :ack:.

Though coupled with Long Halloween, I wonder if that means we'll be seeing more Elseworlds, independent, movies next year to balance out this year having more in-continuity films :)?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, we know Elseworlds is being explored and Red Son has been on their list for awhile to adapt. No surprise. But. Whoever's leaking this info, if it's even correct info, is just digging themselves a grave with marketing. It would be amusing if they set a trap with these recent leaks and planting some fake information to know who the culprit was.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think some of the hassle, repercussions or whatever for all these leaks would be avoided if they simply mentioned these are just rumors, and not "exclusive announcements". Especially this new bit about "Red Son", which seems to be posted just because a more official and trustworthy site posted some casting news before them (giving them the benefit of the doubt they also had access to this info thanks to their leaks).

Anyway - if/when "Red Son" is released, they should really add the Justice League Action episode "Keeping up with the Kryptonians" as a bonus.

It's cool they're moving forward with more "Elseworlds" titles - and not just in animation either, since the "Arrowverse" shows also had something similar.

EDIT:
Mark Millar re-Tweeted the "Red Son" article.(Edit #2 - he deleted it in the meantime). He mentioned he has no idea of any details, but hopes Paul Dini and Bruce Timm would be involved.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
6 months after a cryptic tweet, during Reign of the Supermen Q&A, Tony Todd, around 36:06-36:27, was talking about how he recorded his role then wait years for animation then mentioned he already recorded for two more titles and seemed to mention one other thing then stopped himself.
It took them over a year and a half to complete the animation portion, I mean they took their time. We also did 2 other ones, can't tell you what they are but same thing, I gotta wait 4 years before the final one comes out. But it's a good thing, I love it, keeps me fresh, I have another one - right now another baby is being born, that is going to be a ??? in 3 years

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member

beyond94

If James Tucker and the powers that be at #WBAnimation DC do a solo #Aquaman animated film in the New 52 animated franchise because of his growing popularity as the live action movie became one of the best comic book films of all time, I like to see #MattLanter return to voice the character.Joining him should be actress #JessicaSzohr. I think that they would have great chemistry in animation just as Jason Momoa and Amber Heard did in the live action film. I think that voice director Wes Gleason I think should give Miss Szohr the chance to voice Mera. I think she would be stellar along side Mr Lanter

Attachments

• 20_szohr_lgl.jpg
    20_szohr_lgl.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 137
  • Mera DC.jpg
    Mera DC.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 140

Frontier

Staff member
Liu mentions production is almost done on an upcoming release. Yeah, I asked if it was Hush, lol. But hmm, could be Bloodlines or the 1st 2020 title.
I wonder if they'll be able to keep up four movies a year now with how far ahead they are or if it was just a special case with the Reign releasing this year...

Granted, with all the rumored next slate being Elseworld adaptions, and one a two-parter at that, I'm curious how many in-continuity films will be in the 2020 slate.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I wonder if they'll be able to keep up four movies a year now with how far ahead they are or if it was just a special case with the Reign releasing this year...

Granted, with all the rumored next slate being Elseworld adaptions, and one a two-parter at that, I'm curious how many in-continuity films will be in the 2020 slate.
Yeah, once Bloodlines is out, we'll have an idea if the quality slipped with the extra movie but granted how there's always more than just the given year's slate in various forms of production, right now doubt there'll be a dip. It also might have just been happenstance we got 4 this year rather than some sort of decision i.e. add a Batman one this year because it's the 80th.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, once Bloodlines is out, we'll have an idea if the quality slipped with the extra movie but granted how there's always more than just the given year's slate in various forms of production, right now doubt there'll be a dip. It also might have just been happenstance we got 4 this year rather than some sort of decision i.e. add a Batman one this year because it's the 80th.
Yeah, given the various stages of production these movies seem to be in it might not be surprising if Red Son and both parts of Long Halloween aren't even in the same year as each other :sweat:.

(Although given they had those and an entire voice cast settled enough to get leaked, it sounds like we're pretty close to them. But you never know).

Batboy84

With our luck, The Long Halloween will be a prequel and Red Son will just be Mxyzptlk messing with reality. lol

And I just depressed myself there. lol

Frontier

Staff member
With our luck, The Long Halloween will be a prequel and Red Son will just be Mxyzptlk messing with reality. lol

And I just depressed myself there. lol
Considering they both seem to be set with entirely different voice casts then the in-continuity films, if the leaks are true, I don't think you need to be worried about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts