"DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts" Talkback (Spoilers)

Funkatron

Okay, I kept getting thrown off by Karen's suit and I think I got a handle on it: they use different models for when she is large and small. Small Bumblebee is wearing a dress with yellow arms and leggings, and regular sized one has black arms and legs and is more of a full boy supersuit.

Awesome short, btw.

Troy Troodon

Huh, Kara's super punch seems to solve just about everything... think she could help with my insomnia?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts "Plight Of The Bumblebee"

The animation in this was excellent.

I liked the "Flight Of The Bumblebee" soundalike at the beginning. I used to be able to play that song on the piano. That, "In The Hall Of The Mountain King", and "The Saber Dance" were the toughest pieces I knew.

Did they even NEED a soundalike? I thought Flight Of The Bumblebee was so old it was public domain. But I could be wrong about that.

Good episode. ****1/2.

Frontier

Staff member

Here is today's episode, "Plight Of The Bumblebee".
This has got to be the cutest version of Bumblebee ever, which is especially neat since it's a character type Kimberly Brooks doesn't play as much :).

I wonder how many kids at this school are actually DC characters. We know Cheetah and Hal go there, and maybe some of the other villain girls, but I wonder if there's anyone else :confused:.

Man, credit to Supergirl's super-hearing that she was able to hear Karen's voice or her buzzing around even while having loud music playing on her headphones :ack:.
Okay, I kept getting thrown off by Karen's suit and I think I got a handle on it: they use different models for when she is large and small. Small Bumblebee is wearing a dress with yellow arms and leggings, and regular sized one has black arms and legs and is more of a full boy supersuit.
I didn't notice that! Neat :cool:.

I guess they did it for style points ;).
Those times where you wonder whether the guy is even worth saving :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Mod Note: From now on, only post the Super Shorts that come out on Thursdays. All other videos get posted to the main news and discussion thread for the TV series.

Funkatron

So it looks like their base is underneath the Sweet Justice... I wonder how they got that arrangement?

Frontier

Staff member

Here is today's episode, Faulty Power.
So we finally get to see the team's headquarters. Cool :cool:.

Don't worry Babs, I'm sure Batman had to do some serious R&D before he finalized any of his gadgets :p.

I guess that dummy is our first Joker reference. I wonder, since this version of Batgirl is being depicted as such a Batman fangirl, if Harley will be depicted as a Joker fangirl :confused:?

Man, we were pretty close to a "Batgirl No More" moment :sweat:.

That dude was pretty much asking for what happened :rolleyes:.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts "Faulty Powers"

I like how they were doing a riff on the 60's Batgirl theme at the end.

Is Babs really going to throw her weapons away in the garbage? I can list a hundred reasons that's a terrible idea.

Fun short. ***1/2.

zoombie

I don't know about you guys, but I thought the ending of this episode was mean spirited, which is something I am not used to from DC Super Hero Girls in any version.

Frontier

Staff member

Here is today's episode, Pack Bat, and a sneak peek at next week.
Cool Brainaic name-drop :cool:.

I can totally relate to Babs. I'm a bit of a hoarder too :sweat:.

Man, it's hard not to notice all the Batman posters or memorabilia scattered throughout the hideout. Babs really is a fangirl :p.

Looks like Barbara took that cat in after their out-of-body experience :).
Bumblebee vs. Hal? This should be interesting ;).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I don't know about you guys, but I thought the ending of this episode was mean spirited, which is something I am not used to from DC Super Hero Girls in any version.
Agreed. That sucked. Here's my (brief) review.

DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts "Pack Bat"

Not sure I'm on-board with a Babs who is a pig. **1/2.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Here is today's episode, Buzzkill.

Karen Beecher has to deal with Hal Jordan when she's hall monitor.

Here's a peek at next week.

Aqualad has decided to treat Bumblebee to a pet goldfish named Goldberg for her birthday. But things don't quite go to plan when Goldberg escapes, leading to an epic chase through the streets of Metropolis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member

Here is today's episode, Buzzkill.

Hal here pretty much embodies all the negative stereotypes about jocks (vain, dumb, flaunting school rules, flirting with cheerleaders, etc.), but I guess at least he's not outwardly malicious about it :ack:.

I like the comment about him not liking yellow ;).

Taking a selfie with an attractive cheerleader? I think I know why he and Carol broke up :sweat:.

That's a pretty cool and involved transformation sequence for Bumblebee. Did they make this strictly for the short or will we see it on the show :)?

Looks like Hal is friends with Superman (which I guess implies all the male heroes are friends on this show)...although Supes obviously didn't recognize his number :p.

I'm kind of surprised Hal didn't GL up to fight the ghost, but I guess that would've probably made things even more complicated :confused:.
Here's a peek at next week.

Oh cool, a Garth focused short :D.

Also confirms Garth has his hydrokinesis from the comics. I wasn't sure he had powers in this, but it's cool to see that he does :cool:.

His voice sounds pretty young, like an actual kid...

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
His voice sounds pretty young, like an actual kid...
He makes an appearance in the upcoming episode "Hate Triangle", which was shown on demand the same day "Adventures In Bunny Sitting" came out, and the credits reveal he's voiced by Jessica McKenna.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts "Buzz Kill"

Is it just me or is this Hal a total bully? He's also a fraidy cat about nonexistent ghosts.

Loved Superman's "Who dis?"

I'm betting Hal Jordan fans are gonna rip that to shreds. I never liked the character so I didn't mind. ***.

Frontier

Staff member
Is it just me or is this Hal a total bully? He's also a fraidy cat about nonexistent ghosts.
If he was a bully I think he would've tossed Karen into his locker instead of just distract her. He just didn't take her Hall Monitor stuff seriously.
Loved Superman's "Who dis?"
What a pal :p.
I'm betting Hal Jordan fans are gonna rip that to shreds. I never liked the character so I didn't mind. ***.
I'm a Hal fan. I've seen better :sweat:.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts