Toonzone News WB Launches Boomerang Streaming Service Hosting Over 5,000 Classic Cartoons

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
Something tells me Boomerang is gearing up to add more Flintstones content alongside the premiere of Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs. Granted, I don't think we'll be getting "Flintstones: On the Rocks", since that one is more mature in nature.

But it was clean enough to run on Cartoon Network in daytime hours. I don't think it's so bad that Boomerang can't run it.

Mandouga

You know, I've been thinking, if there's one thing I personally think Boomerang should add (if they can), it should be that one TV special "Hanna-Barbera's 50th: A Yabba Dabba Doo Celebration". It originally aired on TNT in 1989 (the 50th anniversary of the first Tom and Jerry short being released). After all, they have the Tom and Jerry anniversary special on there.

Then again, I learned that there were a lot of celebrities on that special. I guess maybe that would cause some kind of problems, or something? Still, while I would like to see it, I'll personally understand if Boomerang literally can't add it for some reason...

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
That TNT special may have gotten Turner interested in buying Hanna-Barbera, a task which would be completed by 1992. Without that special we would never have had Cartoon Network much less Boomerang.

In other news Josie and the Pussycats is now available. WB is actually utilizing the title characters on their dark Archie Comics reimagining Riverdale, but don't expect that series to come to Boomerang there's quite a bit of mature content.

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
In other news Josie and the Pussycats is now available.
That was already mentioned in this thread.

WB is actually utilizing the title characters on their dark Archie Comics reimagining Riverdale, but don't expect that series to come to Boomerang there's quite a bit of mature content.
And why did you mention this?

ElectricAngel

Looks like the new update has rolled out on iOS, as well as the website. It looks nice and colorful but a bit of a shame it’s not the cool new UI that was shared on here. By the way where did you find those gifs @New Looney Tunes ? I can’t seem to find a source or announcement with them anywhere.

DonTrashRoom

Looks like the new update has rolled out on iOS, as well as the website. It looks nice and colorful but a bit of a shame it’s not the cool new UI that was shared on here. By the way where did you find those gifs @New Looney Tunes ? I can’t seem to find a source or announcement with them anywhere.
I don't see any UX changes on the desktop site...

TheGreatOne2

WB should add the various flintstones spinoffs to boomerang

The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show
The Flintstone Comedy Hour
The New Fred and Barney Show
Fred and Barney Meet The Thing
The Flintstone Funnies
Fred and Barney Meet the Shmoo
The Flintstone Kids

some of these are rare

DonTrashRoom

As of today, Boomerang's desktop website has been updated.

DonTrashRoom

We're also getting:
168.jpg

230.jpg

Whole lotta Grand Dad coming to Boomerang in April. Still no sign of Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs, though, so I think that one will premiere later.

With Flintstone Frolics locked in, I guess that puts the kibosh on indices 63, 85-88, and 92, since they are redundant to it. And isn't it a little odd that Boomerang is using the international title for The Flintstones Comedy Show?

With that out of the way, I would like to reiterate my list of Indices That Will Never Be Added:
  • 35 - Looney Tunes Theatrical Shorts, and 95 - Merrie Melodies
  • 83 - Off to See the Wizard (wouldn't fit in, as it's an MGM anthology series)
  • 97 - Popeye Classic (redundant since the Fleischer Popeye shorts were added back in January)
  • 98 - New Yogi Bear Show (redundant as every episode is in the same group as the original Yogi Bear)
  • 174 - Swat Kats (available to stream on VRV)

Last edited:

MatthewRC

We're also getting:
168.jpg

230.jpg

Whole lotta Grand Dad coming to Boomerang in April. Still no sign of Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs, though, so I think that one will premiere later.

With Flintstone Frolics locked in, I guess that puts the kibosh on indices 63, 85-88, and 92, since they are redundant to it. And isn't it a little odd that Boomerang is using the international title for The Flintstones Comedy Show?

With that out of the way, I would like to reiterate my list of Indices That Will Never Be Added:
  • 35 - Looney Tunes Theatrical Shorts, and 95 - Merrie Melodies
  • 83 - Off to See the Wizard (wouldn't fit in, as it's an MGM anthology series)
  • 97 - Popeye Classic (redundant since the Fleischer Popeye shorts were added back in January)
  • 98 - New Yogi Bear Show (redundant as every episode is in the same group as the original Yogi Bear)
  • 174 - Swat Kats (available to stream on VRV)

If 35, 63, 83, 85, 86, 87, 88, 92, 95, 97, 98, and 174 get replaced with different titles in the future, I wouldn't be surprised.

Mandouga

174 - Swat Kats (available to stream on VRV)

It could still come to Boomerang.

Also, I didn't see it listed, so I had better ask. Does "The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show" also include the "Flintstone Comedy Hour"* that acted as the show's second season?

The New Fred And Barney Show, huh? Maybe we'll also get "The New Shmoo" as some point (they aired together as part of "Fred and Barney Meet the Shmoo")?

Fun fact: There was a commercial for Shriners Hospitals they appeared in where they encourage everyone to donate ("Yabba-dabba-doo it now!").

*It was later known as The 'Flintstone' Comedy Show (singular), which came before "Flintstone Frolics", which I'm guessing is a half hour version of "The 'Flintstones' Comedy Show" (plural).

Last edited:

DonTrashRoom

It could still come to Boomerang.

Also, I didn't see it listed, so I had better ask. Does "The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show" also include the "Flintstone Comedy Hour"* that acted as the show's second season?

The New Fred And Barney Show, huh? Maybe we'll also get "The New Shmoo" as some point (they aired together as part of "Fred and Barney Meet the Shmoo")?

Fun fact: There was a commercial for Shriners Hospitals they appeared in where they encourage everyone to donate ("Yabba-dabba-doo it now!").

*It was later known as The 'Flintstone' Comedy Show (singular), which came before "Flintstone Frolics", which I'm guessing is a half hour version of "The 'Flintstones' Comedy Show" (plural).
"Flintstone Frolics" is the international title for The Flintstone Comedy Show.

Mandouga

I heard you the first time. I'm just saying that I'm guessing it's a half hour version...unless you mean to say that it's the original 2 (?) hour version with a different name?

DonTrashRoom

I heard you the first time. I'm just saying that I'm guessing it's a half hour version...unless you mean to say that it's the original 2 (?) hour version with a different name?
There was a repackaged half-hour version called The Flintstone Funnies, if that's what you are thinking of.

Mandouga

There was a repackaged half-hour version called The Flintstone Funnies, if that's what you are thinking of.

That still doesn't answer my question. What does "Flintstone Frolics" refer to: the original version of the show as seen on Saturday mornings, or a later renaming of the repackaged version you just referred to?

DonTrashRoom

That still doesn't answer my question. What does "Flintstone Frolics" refer to: the original version of the show as seen on Saturday mornings, or a later renaming of the repackaged version you just referred to?
The original version.

Also, in retrospect, I think you were talking about The Flintstone Comedy Hour, which ran in 1972. I was referring to the 1980 Flintstone Comedy Show series.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts