"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 10 (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
So strange to hear the season will have only 23 episodes. It just seems like an odd number to me. But it's nice to have some kind of official confirmation. And hopefully the season finale will be entertaining.

Frontier

Staff member
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest SEASON FINALE promo. Next Sunday at 9PM EST on Disney XD - On Demand and on the DisneyNOW app!

Recorded at 11:00-11:30 PM EST during Gravity Falls on Sunday, February 17th on Disney XD via the DisneyNOW app.
Cool! Looks like we'll have the Avengers back together and fighting the Shadow Council and a collection of their various foes from past seasons :cool:.

Not really crazy about Thor suddenly sporting his Ragnarok look for seemingly no reason :confused:.
Well, I did not expect a shorter season. Then again, TMNT 2012 had season 5 consist of 20 episodes instead of 26.
Kind of just speaks to the fact that this is probably the last season of Assemble :sweat:.

LegoFanXDDC

Kind of just speaks to the fact that this is probably the last season of Assemble:sweat:.
If this happens to be the last season of Avengers Assemble as a whole, I wouldn't be too surprised. Personally, I'm not too sure what else they could do with the show. What do you guys think they would do with the rest of the show if it surpassed five seasons (not sure if this is the end though)? Also, does anyone know the name of the song in the background of the promo I uploaded?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I seem to recall some theories that a potential 6th season could focus on Captain Marvel (like the current season had Black Panther as the main character). Considering she's kind of the next big thing in the MCU, I could see them wanting to do some more cross-promotion. But I presume we would have heard something about it by now, if there really were any plans for it.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Season 5 was announced back in July 2017, while season 4 was still airing. Given how we haven't heard anything for almost a year and a half, I'm pretty certain that season 5 is the last season. Plus, ever since the season started, its only aired in the 9pm time slot for new episodes , yet March 3rd shows Big Hero 6 The Series.

LegoFanXDDC

Season 5 was announced back in July 2017, while season 4 was still airing. Given how we haven't heard anything for almost a year and a half, I'm pretty certain that season 5 is the last season. Plus, ever since the season started, its only aired in the 9pm time slot for new episodes , yet March 3rd shows Big Hero 6 The Series.

View attachment 226042
For Big Hero 6 replacing Avengers: Black Panther's Quest, that's likely because of their "Big Heroes vs. Big Zeros" event that will take place each Sunday at 7PM starting March 3rd. I'm not sure if they'll still air BPQ after that, I mean, there is a morning marathon scheduled for that show on the same date from 6-9AM (like how they do regularly with all of their Marvel cartoons) however I'm not too sure of that. They don't even re-air the previous seasons of Avengers like they used to, so I'm highly doubtful that BPQ will stick around much longer after its finale (well, I mean, excluding streaming and on-demand.)

Frontier

Staff member
I guess it's fitting that to close the series out with the original movie Avengers + Black Panther (sorry Falcon) facing off against Red Skull and Hydra ;).

Why does Thor look like he did in Ragnarok? Are we really just randomly shoving a characters movie look into the cartoons? I guess Assemble never really changes :(.

Frontier

Staff member
Marvel has some comments from the cast members.

Some of the cast will also live-tweet during the premiere on Sunday, and a special audio commentary for the season finale will be released on YouTube.
Looks like they're pulling out all the stops for this finale :).

Fred Tatasciore is probably playing Crossbones, but I wonder if him being listed as Hulk means we'll see the Green Goliath as well ;)?

I wonder if that means the same for Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, and Bashenga :p?

Troy Troodon

So if this is the official series finale, then how that it's over, what's next? At least as far as more kid friendly tv animation goes.

Frontier

Staff member
So if this is the official series finale, then how that it's over, what's next? At least as far as more kid friendly tv animation goes.
Hard to say at this point.

Doesn't seem like Marvel Animation is doing much more then that Lego Spider-Man special, Moon Girl cartoon, and possibly more Marvel Rising specials.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Hard to say at this point.

Doesn't seem like Marvel Animation is doing much more then that Lego Spider-Man special, Moon Girl cartoon, and possibly more Marvel Rising specials.

Here's a general rule of thumb I have. If there's more than a 1 year gap between season renewals, it's almost guaranteed that the show will end . For example, Sofia The First ended after 4 seasons in 2018, with the season 4 announcement being announced in April 2015, over 3 years earlier. Star Vs The Forces Of Evil season 4 was announced in February 2017, and confirmation of it ending there was 2 years later. Season 5 of Doc McStuffins was announced in November 2016, with confirmation of ending there coming out in April 2018. Season 5 of this series was announced in July 2017, while season 4 was still airing. We're in February 2019, over 19 months later (1 year 7 months later). Those are strong hints of this show ending at season 5.

If these tweets from Julie Nathanson and Mick Wingert is an indication, then I guess the show really is 5 seasons long.

Here is the commentary from the first of last night's episodes.

Mod Note: Double Post merged.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Now that the season is over and the dust has settled...did anyone else think that, for a cartoon named after and centered around Black Panther, they really didn't do much with Wakanda?

I mean, obviously it was a major set-piece and they talked about Wakanda a lot, but we never really got to explore it or go in-depth with it. We see bits and pieces of all of Wakanda's advanced technology and their more rural community, but that's about it.

We didn't even see all that many major Wakandan citizens or characters beyond T'Challa and Shuri, or Hunter if you count him. Aside from the Doras, who weren't really characters more then female action pieces, all the other Wakandans were villains like N'Jadaka/Killmonger or Bask (I don't know for sure if M'Baku is Wakandan. I don't think Zanda is).

I just compare this to the movie where Wakanda was so much alive and a character into itself, in both it's environment and the culture that envelops it, and while I obviously would never want for the show to be a retread of the movie, I kinda wish they had taken a similar approach here.

I just feel like we, as an audience, would've cared more for Wakanda and the stakes for it as T'Challa battled evil if we actually got to know it better then we did.

I wonder if part of it was the creators still trying to fit the show within the "Avengers" branding by having T'Challa going on adventures and fighting Avengers villains (and his own) rather then staying in Wakanda 24/7 or giving us downtime to dive deeper into it. Although I believe Geoffrey Thorne's (the showrunner) approach to Black Panther was more as a "Doc Savage" type then as a king, so that may have played a part as well.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It's somewhat minor, but I want to bring it up. This interview with the Dynamic Music Partners, which is mainly about Justice League Vs The Fatal Five, mentions how they wrapped up working on 127 episodes for this series. This is yet another confirmation of the show being over.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts