"SpongeBob Squarepants" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
SpongeBob.jpg

The Krusty Slammer
Airs January 27, 2019 at 11 A.M. on Nickelodeon.
After Sheldon J. Plankton breaks the law, Mr. Krabs turns the Krusty Krab into a jailhouse, but he finds out that crime only pays for so long.​

SweetShop209

Someone took a screenshot of an announcement Rodger Bumpass made about Squidward appearing in the Super Bowl.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
The Krusty Slammer: Yet another episode where Krabs turns the Krusty Krab into something else because of his greedy ways...at least he got karma for torturing Plankton, I mean even bad guys don't deserve that much punishment.

The Ballad of Filthy Muck: I really didn't like this one much...something about the whole "stink" thing...just sets me off. IDK.

ShadowBeast

The Krusty Slammer: It's about time we saw Krabs get some punishment for his actions. Krabs has always been a part-time antagonist in the series, but after the first film, he rarely gets the karma he deserves when he does play villain. This episode was doubly good for also letting Plankton get the last laugh in the end.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
The Krusty Slammer was way better than most of these new episodes have been in the last few months. I thought some of the plot points were kind of stupid, but overall, the episode was well-structured and entertaining. I felt like there was more dialogue in this one compared to other episodes, which I appreciate since the last few seasons have been relying heavily on visual gags and weird noises. I liked seeing some older characters make cameo appearances (The Strangler, the con man from "Chocolate With Nuts," etc.) It was also nice to see Krabs getting comeuppance at the end since he was overly cruel to Plankton.

I'd revisit this one in the future.

AllenJ

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yeah besides a newly drawn 10 seconds of Squidward with Roger Bumpass doing the VA that introduced Travis Scott... that was the only Spongebob or "Sweet Victory" related part of that entire half time so uh... what's up with that?

ToonsJazzLover

Already commented on the situation on another thread.

Also, I personally think the 3rd movie is unnecessary. The release date keep moving around and poor Paul Tibbitt couldn't catch a break. I'm going to be done following the show after this year, so I'm skipping.

Theagames10

More info has been revealed about the 20th anniversary episode, now called "Spongebob's Big Birthday Blowout" thanks to Business Wire:

The article also has info about what will be happening during the 20th anniversary of Spongebob Squarepants!

kanc

There will be third one hour special for SpongeBob for his 20th anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts