"Steven Universe" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
Man, this is the second time a season ran for almost two years. So many breaks, so much momentum lost from a cliffhanger. So many months have went by. The main writers have their own show and their episodes on the first show haven't even finished the season.

Well, can you Imagine if they start season 6 and if that ended up like how we still waiting for the current season to end and move on to the next, the show will take a long time to complete anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Well, can you Imagine if they start season 6 and if that ended up like how we still waiting for the current season to end and move on to the next, the show will take a long time to complete anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It'll be probably Spring 2019. Along with the movie being in production I can see from a production crew's POV, but these episodes that have yet to air have most likely been completed last year. This isn't some Nicktoon or some preschool series that can get away with not airing new episodes for a time as this show is very continuity based.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Y'know, I honestly have to wonder at this point how much longer CN will regularly debut new Stevens on live TV. I'm legitimately convinced the only reason they haven't fully transitioned with this show like they have with virtually every other one at this point is because they know they'd tick off livebloggers and the like if they did. But with how far the network is into the digital transition, they can't really keep it up forever.

sunsetlover

This gOrl doesn't stop
So, Latin America "screwed up" again. We have a new promo for "Battle of Heart and Mind" from them.
It's in a pretty low quality but that's all we have for now...
But still, somebody stop them! LA will "leak" the entire episode before we know it! :lol:

Vila

If anyone's curious about the "leak" from CN LA.. it only aired once or so and only on CN South Atlantic feed (Chile-based) so only a few people got to see it. Another promo for Diamond Days aired on almost all feeds as that started weekly this Monday. The 1-hour special airs on Feb 2nd on CN LA/BR.

As of now I haven't seen it air on other feeds other than the mentioned feed.

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
I found the promo of Steven Universe: Battle of Heart and Mind and is coming in two weeks

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
Well we have a release date for the movie and it's coming this...

FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, Although today's season finale felt like it would've been considered as a series finale.

Dudley

Staff member
Well, when Rebecca Sugar said she wrote herself into a corner for Change Your Mind, she wasn’t kidding.
I expect season 6 to serve as one big epilogue. Where the Diamonds will try to make amends for all the damage they’ve done across the galaxy, maybe the other Diamonds will come by and see how Steven is doing.

As for the movie, I expect it to be like a typical anime movie where the story is completely self-contained.
I don’t mind waiting until Fall though. I’m getting off the hype train, now that the show really feels like it’s over.

Eldorado

Well, when Rebecca Sugar said she wrote herself into a corner for Change Your Mind, she wasn’t kidding.
I expect season 6 to serve as one big epilogue. Where the Diamonds will try to make amends for all the damage they’ve done across the galaxy, maybe the other Diamonds will come by and see how Steven is doing.

As for the movie, I expect it to be like a typical anime movie where the story is completely self-contained.
I don’t mind waiting until Fall though. I’m getting off the hype train, now that the show really feels like it’s over.

I imagine the same thing for the movie. However, Rebecca said she has at least 10 Seasons planned out so the Diamonds just making up for what they've done isn't going to be enough.

M622

I imagine the same thing for the movie. However, Rebecca said she has at least 10 Seasons planned out so the Diamonds just making up for what they've done isn't going to be enough.
i kinda call nonsense on the whole 10 season's thing..... source?

Mod Note: Please don't use inappropriate language here. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts