"DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts" Talkback (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
"DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: SUPER SHORTS"

dcsuperherogirlsTVartmay212018.jpg
"The Late Batsby" (premiered with the theatrical release of Teen Titans Go! To the Movies) features Lauren Faust’s new character designs for DC Super Hero Girls. Catch an all-new web series, "DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts" premiering January 17!

Links: DC Super Hero Girls YouTube, DC Super Hero Girls (TV) News & Discussion

The Late Batsby will be uploaded to YouTube at 11 AM.

Batgirl is desperate for adventure and can’t wait to join Wonder Woman, Supergirl and the rest of the gang as they attempt to stop Mr Freeze’s latest sinister plot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member

The Late Batsby will be uploaded to YouTube at 11 AM.
Looks like we're starting to see the transition from the Fontana-era to the Faust-era...

I imagine the other shorts will focus on the other girls, so we might get more VA confirmations if those have credits :).

Frontier

Staff member
Hmm, so just a reboot of SBBF's "Time Waits For No Girl". Wonder if the other shorts from that series will be given the DCSHG treatment, too.
I could see them doing a remake of the Supergirl short again, and I guess the Grundy short would be funnier with more characters involved, maybe :p?

I think I read there supposed to be six, so I imagine each short will focus on a different member of the cast :).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts "The Late Batsby"

Wow, I'm gonna love this continuity!

That was amazing. Great animation and timing and it was actually funny! Although I don't actually need to see Jim Gordon's armpit hairs.

Prediction: This show is going to be a huge hit and sell a ton of merch. Bank on it. *.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts "Get To Know Batgirl"

I don't like Tara Strong's take on Batgirl. For the record, I hate her take on Unikitty too.

It's interesting the cadence of the show title is pronounced differently than the Fontana series. There "Girls" is accentuated, while here "Hero" is.

I'll probably like the series when Batgirl isn't talking. ***.
Well, Tara's take on Batgirl here is much like with how she did it on Super Best Friends Forever, where she's bubbly and energetic, as opposed to The New Batman Adventures, where she goes for something more no-nonsense and sarcastic (yet still youthful) due to the more grounded tone. According to tv tropes, she has traits of Stephanie Brown.

Edit: Here is a trailer for Super Sleeper.

While hosting a sleepover, Barbara Gordon discovers that Kara takes sleepwalking to a whole new level when she starts sleep flying.

Frontier

Staff member
Well, Tara's take on Batgirl here is much like with how she did it on Super Best Friends Forever, where she's bubbly and energetic, as opposed to The New Batman Adventures, where she goes for something more no-nonsense and sarcastic (yet still youthful) due to the more grounded tone. According to tv tropes, she has traits of Stephanie Brown.
Well, Steph was exciteable and quippy, but not really like how they're depicting Babs here :sweat:.
So I guess now it's officially "Car-Uh" instead of "Care-Uh" when it comes to pronouncing Supergirl's name :p.

Kryptonian's and their sleeping habits ;).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
My guess is that Batgirl's more energetic personality is to make her the Pinkie Pie of this series, which is funny when you consider that Tara Strong auditioned for her before getting Twilight. The fact that Batgirl in this series has a job relating to food and knows a popular sweets place adds to this.

Dudley

Staff member
Ya know...I think I'm gonna like this series more. The animation is good, (and will hopefully remain consistent), a lot more slapstick, and the art style is both cute and allow for funny visuals. And it doesn't feel as girly, which will definitely add more broader appeal.
I really hope this takes off. I don't expect MLP levels of hype, but enough to keep this franchise chugging for a long time.

Frontier

Staff member
Ya know...I think I'm gonna like this series more. The animation is good, (and will hopefully remain consistent), a lot more slapstick, and the art style is both cute and allow for funny visuals. And it doesn't feel as girly, which will definitely add more broader appeal.
I really hope this takes off. I don't expect MLP levels of hype, but enough to keep this franchise chugging for a long time.
I definitely hope the animation for the show is on-point with these shorts, since so far it looks pretty good :).

Frontier

Staff member
It's nice to see them once again emphasizing Batgirl and Supergirl's friendship, even if it causes Babs a little trouble here :ack:.

I wonder if the Kents had this much trouble with Superman growing up :eek:.

It's almost kind of funny to think the girls might have caused more property damage and disturbances then any villains or criminals that night :p.
So Batgirl wants to replace Robin as Batman's sidekick? I wonder if we'll see more of that on the show ;)?
[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing that all these shorts are going to have Batgirl as a main focus.
Was kind of hoping each of the main six would get a chance in the spotlight to be honest :sweat:.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
So Batgirl wants to replace Robin as Batman's sidekick? I wonder if we'll see more of that on the show ;)?

Was kind of hoping each of the main six would get a chance in the spotlight to be honest :sweat:.
[/QUOTE]
1. Well, it depends on if Batman and Robin will make physical appearances here. I recall Robin being name dropped in "Play Date" on Justice League Action while never actually appearing.

2. It depends on how many shorts we get. For all we know, the main characters could get 2 shorts per character before the series starts.

In regards to today's episode, I forgot to mention something. Who has a sleepover on a school night?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts "Super Sleeper"

Let me see if I get this straight: This specific concept could have been this much fun and this entertaining the entire time? Shea Fontana needs to hang her head in shame. ****.

In regards to today's episode, I forgot to mention something. Who has a sleepover on a school night?
Cartoon characters. Cartoon kids also seem to have a LOT less supervision than not only regular kids, but live-action fictional kids too.

Frontier

Staff member
Checked the credits, to see this episode, and I can only assume all of the animation we've seen so far, is done by Jam Filled Entertainment, who work on Nickelodeon's The Loud House
I think they're doing a pretty good job so far :).

Harley16

According to this tweet this is one of 52 shorts it seems ? Pretty interesting and I have a feeling the show might possibly premiere in the spring . I don't think they'll wait until fall or at least I hope they don't . Here's the link and if this violates any rules sorry .

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
According to this tweet this is one of 52 shorts it seems ? Pretty interesting and I have a feeling the show might possibly premiere in the spring . I don't think they'll wait until fall or at least I hope they don't . Here's the link and if this violates any rules sorry .

Wow, 52 shorts? That's a lot :cool:.

I wonder if they'll go through all of them before we hit the premier of the first episode :)?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I was thinking there would be 52 episodes of the show, and only a few shorts as bonus content (like they handled Justice League Action previously). Pretty cool if this is getting just as many shorts.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts