"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 31 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medinnus

Staff member
Although looking at some of the footage in the behind-the-scenes featurette, Bart looks a lot more like Wally now o_O.

Fair, but for years without a costume, you couldn't the difference between Steve Rogers, Hank Pym, or Clint Barton. But "Wally" is wearing the Impulse suit!

Frontier

Staff member
DC Universe has the loglines for next weeks episodes listed under their titles:

Evolution
Aliens once again threaten the Earth, but with the Justice League split and scattered, only Earth’s first and greatest hero can save us!

Triptych
As Meta-Human trafficking spreads across the United States, three very different teams of heroes seek to put a stop to it!

Home Fries
The Light has hired an intergalactic assassin, but who is the intended target?!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, I think they made another typo. Should be Home Fires. sigh.

Evolution - I wonder if that's Vandal Savage. Weisman did once describe him as being heroic at first.

Triptych - Sounds like a fun one.

Home Fires - lol, they don't name the assassin but the image they use is Lobo. I'd guess Forager is too much of a wild card and they want him off the board.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, I think they made another typo. Should be Home Fires. sigh.
In before surprise Mr. Freeze appearance :p.
Evolution - I wonder if that's Vandal Savage. Weisman did once describe him as being heroic at first.
Now that you mention it, it would be interesting if it was Savage and this episode gives us an update on what's been going on with the Light since last season :ack:.

Personally I first thought of how the Legacy game introduced an ancient Superhero...
Triptych - Sounds like a fun one.
I'm guessing the three groups are the Team, Dicks' group, and Batman's team :cool:.
Home Fires - lol, they don't name the assassin but the image they use is Lobo. I'd guess Forager is too much of a wild card and they want him off the board.
They also show him being blasted by fire and ice...the fire is probably Geo-Force, but I wonder if the ice is another one of Halo's powers :)?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I like the idea of "Evolution" being about Savage. I think he even mentioned something about the Justice League standing in the way of human evolution or something along those lines back in the 1st Season. Could be interesting seeing history from his point of view. I also wonder which aliens are going to attack Earth this time.

I was also thinking Forager might be the target in "Home Fires". Might even be Halo, considering her possible connection to New Genesis. (Presuming that is one of the reasons the Light or Apokolips would want a target eliminated).

On another note, in regards to future episode titles - maybe we'll see Metamorpho's origin, and it hasn't happened yet. I was thinking "Another Freak" could be about him, but I obviously could be wrong. But it might make sense having his origin a result of the metahuman experiments with Tar or something else entirely. I was kind of hoping they would stick with the classic origin for him, with the Orb of Ra stuff, but genetic experiments might fit better here.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Found the Ask Greg reply about Earth's 1st hero:
I guess it depends on your point of view. Does a pre-Kent Nelson Doctor Fate (i.e. Nabu with a different host body) count? Does Vandal Savage? Does Black Adam? Ra's al Ghul? All of them were heroes to some at one time or another. Otherwise, I'd guess I'd say Doctor Occult and Rose Psychic - though they were never very public about it, followed by the Crimson Avenger, who was the first "Mystery Man" to deubt in 1938.
I think it's down between Nabu/Dr. Fate or Savage. But who knows.

As for the aliens, there's been a lot of races interested in the Metagene from the comics like the Dominators. But a left field could be the still-unidentified race that deployed Tiamat to Earth and before Weisman and Vietti went silent on Season 3 ideas, the former did say they would factor into a third season.

I like the idea of "Evolution" being about Savage. I think he even mentioned something about the Justice League standing in the way of human evolution or something along those lines back in the 1st Season. Could be interesting seeing history from his point of view. I also wonder which aliens are going to attack Earth this time.
Indeed, he went on that rant on the Watchtower near the end of season 1. Good catch.

On another note, in regards to future episode titles - maybe we'll see Metamorpho's origin, and it hasn't happened yet. I was thinking "Another Freak" could be about him, but I obviously could be wrong. But it might make sense having his origin a result of the metahuman experiments with Tar or something else entirely. I was kind of hoping they would stick with the classic origin for him, with the Orb of Ra stuff, but genetic experiments might fit better here.
Weisman and Vietti have hinted there could be more additions to the Team but with 6 episodes down, who knows which team they were referring to? lol. And in the past they haven't been shy about adding more members as the season goes on. Could be a curve ball.

Last edited:

the greenman

I was also thinking Forager might be the target in "Home Fires". Might even be Halo, considering her possible connection to New Genesis. (Presuming that is one of the reasons the Light or Apokolips would want a target eliminated).

Freak was a running line of Rex in the Outsiders if I remember correctly. So I thino you're spot on. Also, I'm with Yojimbo on wanting to see his Egyptian origin, however, I have a feeling they may change it in this series.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I don't know. Metamorpho could have been one of the Leaguers deployed to space. Or he could be an adult meta that Batman recruits to his team post-Princes All. True, in the comics, he did have a couple nicknames like that. I recall 'big ape' or something. Fab Freak was the one you were thinking of, I think. EDIT: Royal mentioned the Egyptian stuff. But alternate theory - I remember another, younger character who thought himself a freak in the wake of his origin story.

Last edited:

Otaku-sempai

"Earth's first hero" = Cro-Magnon Man = Vandal Savage?

The still is suggestive. And hasn't it been claimed that one of Savage's identities was Gilgamesh, literally the first recorded hero?

Last edited:

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
So on the episode titles message it spells out
Prepare the Anti-Life Equation.

That is like so clever.

Marvelman02

Evolution S3:E7 — Aliens once again threaten the Earth, but with the Justice League split and scattered, only Earth’s first and greatest hero can save us!

Anthro?

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Spoiler TV has more stills from "Evolution".
Looks like things between Jefferson and Dr. Jace are preceding smoothly :p.

The alien invasion looks to be from Apokolips...Does The Light know about this :confused:?

Artemis in a sports bra :anime:.

Geo-Force and Halo finally in their costumes :cool:.
Evolution S3:E7 — Aliens once again threaten the Earth, but with the Justice League split and scattered, only Earth’s first and greatest hero can save us!

Anthro?
I wonder if they might re-imagine Savage as having been Antrho early into his life...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts