General International TV Channels Thread

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Travel Channel, Fine Living and Food Network will close down on February 1st, 2019 in the Netherlands and Flanders.
Travel Channel, Fine Living en Food Network stoppen in Benelux

Some of their shows will move to Discovery (Expedition Unknown and Salvage Dawgs), TLC (House Hunter and Beachfront Bargain Hunt) and Discovery ID (Most Terrifying Places in America).

Proximus' pay channel packs are now getting utterly expensive.

"Entertainment channels" (€9.95 / month for 13 channels)
BBC Entertainment, BBC FIRST, FOX, Nat Geo Wild HD, Discovery Science, Discovery ID, Discovery World, History Channel, Brava, Mezzo Live HD, VH1, MTV Live HD, MTV Hits, Travel Channel (closing down), AMC (closing down)

BBC Entertainment still lacks Dutch subtitles after all these years... Telenet costumers can watch it for free with Dutch subtitles.

"Kids channels" (€5.95 / month for 5 channels)
NickToons, Boomerang, Nick Junior, Pebble TV, Studio 100 Hits
They should stop selling these theme packs and concentrate exclusively on the former Multi pack.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
It's already absurd to put FOX and BBC in the same package as the docu channels and the music channels. No one wants all of that.

Oh, and Proximus added Dutch subtitles on BBC Entertainment 2 years ago :sweat:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Food TV NZ has rebranded to Food Network.
The rebrand was on December 1st and was a conseuqence of the sale of it and Living Channel from a local company to Discovery in 2014, and the rename is due to the buying of Scripps.

Living Channel might even shut down soon. SBS owns the license to Food Network as a terrestrial channel in Australia.

J10

Mauritania TV2 has changed its logo from this...
1544255225450.jpeg

to this ugly one...
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

In addition, the channel is frozen and still uses its old generic ident from 2011 or 2012.

EDIT:
At 11:16 AM, the channel is back and here is what they air after the ident.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

J10

The rebrand of FOX to FOX Channel is a side effect of the deal with Disney, for what I know.
If this happens to other countries, it would be fine. I’m waiting for Baby TV closure, and replacing it with Disney Junior (and also Disney XD and Disney Channel), or FOX Kids on providers that carries Baby TV, but not Disney, like beIN and My-HD in the MENA region.

Last edited:

J10

TRT Arapça (TRT العربية/TRT Al-Arabiya) (Formerly TRT التركية/TRT Etturkiye) stopped its news programming, and added on its its ticker, stay tuned for TRT عربي/TRT Arabi channel in its brand new look... soon.
image.jpg

image.jpg

The logo is just the same color as TRT World, so this channel may become only for news, just like TRT World.
1544383446059.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

Unknown what will happen later to TRT Kurdi, TRT Avaz, and TRT Türk, maybe it will be only for news by next year.

J10

Yesterday, beIN Sports airs Serie B. AD Sports has lost Serie B rights to beIN Sports MENA.
1544412170025.jpeg

1544412201338.jpeg

1544412233802.jpeg

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
TRT Arapça (TRT العربية/TRT Al-Arabiya) (Formerly TRT التركية/TRT Etturkiye) stopped its news programming, and added on its its ticker, stay tuned for TRT عربي/TRT Arabi channel in its brand new look... soon.
View attachment 217112
View attachment 217132

The logo is just the same color as TRT World, so this channel may become only for news, just like TRT World.
View attachment 217182
View attachment 217152
View attachment 217172

Unknown what will happen later to TRT Kurdi, TRT Avaz, and TRT Türk, maybe it will be only for news by next year.
TRT's other foreign channels need to follow the footsteps of the non-English CGTN channels. The only all-news channel in the CGTN network is the English one.

J10

CNBC Arabiya has changed its graphic, after few years of being white, it changes to blue.
image.jpg

image.jpg

We are near 2019, and still there isn’t any CNBC Europe graphics on this channel, and will stay 4:3 forever.

J10

KTV will launch a children channel called (Atfal AlKuwait) or KTV Aftal in about two days, starting the following times:
12:00 KSA/KWT
11:00 CLT
10:00 CET
09:00 GMT

This channel is expected to replace KTV Sports Plus, or may launch separately through retuning the frequencies of the bouquet.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts