Worst song you've ever heard?

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Oh my glob, this... is... it. THE worst song! This is so hard to listen to. It won the Junior Eurovision song contest in 2008.

Hmm... Georgia. I always thought they were Bulgarians.

Come on - Eurovision has enough problems not being that good, save for a few songs here-and-there. Why is their a junior version of it, is my real question! That sounds like torture for everyone concerned.

Also, here's a reminder that Georgia is better than this, to cleanse the palette:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Come on - Eurovision has enough problems not being that good, save for a few songs here-and-there. Why is their a junior version of it, is my real question! That sounds like torture for everyone concerned.

Also, here's a reminder that Georgia is better than this, to cleanse the palette
Junior Eurosong is also better than that, usually. Take this interesting song for instance :D I like that Junior Eurosong has got less English songs.

♪ En ik voel me zo YODELEE YODELEE YODELO, YODELEE YODELEE YODELO ♫

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Alright guys, it's Christmas song time.

1. Trans-Siberian Orchestra Christmas Canon. Not only is the children's choir at the beginning super annoying, but the instrumental interlude directly after takes FOREVER. And then, the children's choir COMES BACK. My local Christmas radio station plays this one constantly.

2. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. What's especially creepy about this one is that it's usually a grown man singing it.

3. Santa Baby. There's nothing sexy about Santa Claus. Nothing.

4. My Favorite Things. THIS IS NOT A CHRISTMAS SONG OH MY GOD. Why do people keep turning it into one? What does this have to do with Christmas??? Packages wrapped up with string? The lyrics barely relate to Christmas and so does the musical that this originates from. My least favorite thing (see what I did?) is the version of this song that Kelly Clarkson sings. She strains so much that I want to plug my ears whenever I hear it.

Oh my glob, this... is... it. THE worst song! This is so hard to listen to. It won the Junior Eurovision song contest in 2008.

Hmm... Georgia. I always thought they were Bulgarians.

Thank you, so very, very much for getting that horrible monstrosity of a song stuck in my head. :p

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
@Red Arrow: Romania sent a terrible song to last year's ESC. Yodeling? Is this Austria? I remember hearing this atrocity. IIRC it did qualify for the final but wasn't that voted. Either this or just got disqualified.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
One of my least favorites would have to be LFO's "Summer Girls." Not only for being a boy band song, a genre which I had the misfortune of hearing a lot of in high school, but the lyrics are all over the place. They mention New Kids on the Block, Larry Bird, Home Alone, William Shakespeare and others completely at random, and it makes no sense.

While not being a fan myself, I used to have some respect for Taylor Swift as a singer/songwriter. Then she came out with "Shake It Off" and "Bad Blood." Now she sounds no different from every other pop singer.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Not the worst song ever, but this song has been stuck in my head for the last few days and it's getting on my nerves.

Ultramechatron Team Go!
It's a giant fighting, kicking, punching robot of orbit
It can only be controlled by the chosen four
So now they're working hard and live together in the Ultramechatron

Ultramechatron Team Go!

Last edited:

Destiny of Awe

Alessia Cara's "Here" is like if someone turned those pretentious "introvert" and "Normal People Vs. Me" pics/posts into a song, and it has the audacity to waste a great sample too (Isaac Hayes' "Ike's Rap II")

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I just can't stand anything from 6ix9ine at all and I did not like Ladbaby's cover version of "We Built This City" that was last year's Christmas number one in the UK plus "Look What You Made Me Do" was the moment I lost any respect for Taylor Swift as I began to realise that she went too far, especially with breakup songs and "Bad Blood".

CassieTheDragon

Ice Cream by BLACKPINK and Selena Gomez is a stinky poo poo fart of a song. Same with Shake It Off by Taylor Swift.

I can't stand those two songs and the worst part is that I heard those two songs on the radio ALL THE TIME when they came out (Ice Cream in 2020 and Shake It Off in 2014).

Pooky

Staff member
I'm under no illusion that either is the worst song of all time, but I think my two least favourite songs are Can't Stop by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Fix You by Coldplay, two very overplayed songs by two very overexposed bands I never much cared for.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
I've heard worst use of a song sample or song interpolation in latest songs, but I can only think about two of them: Let's Go MIA by Evangelia and recently Whatever by Ava Max. They sound just... lifeless.

khuddle

Heavy metal makes me want to run away. Animal instinct, I guess.
It isn't music, its just noise. Might as well be listening to a lawn mower.

As for the worst song of all time, easy for me. This was a brief hit in the mid 1980s from a Austrian band called "Opus". Dare you to listen to this for more than a minute:

Spacething7474

Modern Fairly OddParents’ strongest soldier
There's a lot of awful ones I've heard. Here’s the worst (in no order). The artists in bold have other songs that I like.
  • Camilla Cabelo - Havana
  • Anne Marie - Friends
  • Rihanna - Work
  • Drake - In My Feelings/God’s Plan
  • Meghan Trainor - No
  • Clean Bandit - Rockabye
  • Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
  • Justin Bieber - Sorry
  • Maroon 5 - Girls Like You
  • Tiao Cruz - Dynamite
  • Cardi B - I Like It
  • Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
Since this thread got active again, some updates about what I feel about these songs now:

Havana - still detest it, least favorite song ever
Friends - also despise it, the 2nd least favorite
Work - not really sure, it depends on how i feel
In My Feelings/God’s Plan - both are mediocre
No - its alright
Rockabye - the clean bandit parts are mediocre, the sean paul ryan francis henriques parts are alright
No Tears Left To Cry - just mediocre
Sorry - biggest upgrade here, now i think its great!
Girls Like You - mediocre without the belcalis marlenis cephus parts, awful with it
Dynamite - still awful, but not my 3rd least favorite anymore
I Like It - still terrible
Call Me Maybe - its ok

new additions to this list include Dance Monkey, WAP, Driver's License and Unholy

Last edited:

Zorak Masaki

It isn't music, its just noise. Might as well be listening to a lawn mower.
Not trying to change your mind, but there's plenty of very melodic metal out there like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dokken, and those are just some of the more famous ones.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts