"DC Super Hero Girls" Animated Webisodes Talkback, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discuss and Rate this Animated Series!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

SweetShop209

Something I didn't notice was how Grey DeLisle Griffin was not credited for voicing Wonder Woman, and Tara Strong was only credited for Ivy, not Harley.

So either we've got body-dubles or mind control going on...
It could also be a bad dream.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
PART 1: What do the Kents got going on they can't attend the talent show? :p

PART 2: Ha, Chompy for the win.

Another 2 parter. Hmm, usually there's just one more episode left with the 2st week of December. But last season ended with 24 episodes. There's at least 4 left for this one if they got the same order number. So could be two 2 parters on the 6 and 13th to close off the season.

I'm glad they didn't try to do a "For the Girl Who has Everything" in just one part. That's not a story you can really do justice to without proper length and focus :).
I think it could have used a Part 3. Felt rushed.

Didn't Kryptomites use to glow when their effect was activated? And what were they doing all out and about and after the Black Mercy? Did someone order them to do it :confused:?
Maybe someone threw another frisbee into the lab. I guess some might have evaded capture from last time and multiplied. Seemed random they were breaking into the vehicles in the workshop to steal parts, the Gold Key, and the Black Mercy but I guess they couldn't figure out the Invisible Jet and Batgirl quickly used the taser Batarang on them. Pretty neat she has a Batmobile know after the smaller version in her Bat bunkers seen in the first graphic novel, btw. I guess the Gold Key implies between seasons, Superman gave her a spare to get into the Fortress of Solitude.

I thought the effect of the Black Mercy were depicted fairly well for this kind of show, but I do think the impact would have been more noticeable had we had Kara on Krypton with her family, because I think that would have been more of a "perfect" world in her mind as it has been in other adaptions of this story :crying:.
Yeah. Or a combo, on Krypton, but SHH was there and everyone she knew. Not just fake Grodd...

Oh hey, Katana finally gets to do something again, although she doesn't get any lines :ack:.
It made me wonder if the storyboarder was a Samurai Jack fan. Funny they cut to the girls with purple chlorophyll all over them.

Something I didn't notice was how Grey DeLisle Griffin was not credited for voicing Wonder Woman, and Tara Strong was only credited for Ivy, not Harley.
I'd guess that was the credits for Part 2 that they used.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Here's this week's webisode.
Missing Martian | 519 | DC Super Hero Girls
Miss Martian wants everyone to forget her birthday, but she gets a bad surprise when her friends seem more interested in attacking Metropolis.

And a teaser for the next webisode, "Water Water Nowhere".
When Killer Croc breaks the school's water main before a burglary, Mera's the only one there to stop him - and she has no water to use to defend herself.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls “Missing Martian”

Anyone else disturbed that the girls mask a surprise party by faking a terrorist attack? And if Miss Martian REALLY wanted to know what they were up to, she could just read their minds.

The animation was choppy too.

Par for the course. So absolutely terrible. 1/2.

Frontier

Staff member
Missing Martian | 519 | DC Super Hero Girls
I'm kind of surprised Grodd went out of his way to wish another student a Happy Birthday. I guess he really is a softie deep down ;).

Seeing Catwoman still wandering the halls makes me wonder what it takes to actually get expelled from Super Hero high. This season has been fairly continuity-lite aside from the Darkseid stuff, but apparently getting arrested only a few episodes ago for theft, effectively brainwashing Batgirl, and assault on fellow students wasn't enough to get her kicked out, but I guess they also gave Cheetah another chance after she committed similar crimes :sweat:.

I have to imagine there was a better way of tricking Miss Martian into a Surprise Party that didn't involve making her think her friends had turned into violent Supervillains, but then I guess we wouldn't have had the plot of the episode :shrug:.

Although when following them ended up humiliating M'Gann, I guess I'm glad she took the surprise as well as she did :ack:.

Now that I think about it, couldn't this have all been all resolved by Miss Martian reading their minds? Oh well :rolleyes2:.

I like that they acknowledged Supergirl's super-senses being able to detect an invisible Miss Martian :cool:.

Kind of weird that Starfire is the only character not in her normal costume here :confused:.
And a teaser for the next webisode, "Water Water Nowhere".
It's nice to see them remember Mera :).

Why do bad guys always seem to forget Atlanteans have super-strength and invulnerability :p?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Seeing Catwoman still wandering the halls makes me wonder what it takes to actually get expelled from Super Hero high. This season has been fairly continuity-lite aside from the Darkseid stuff, but apparently getting arrested only a few episodes ago for theft, effectively brainwashing Batgirl, and assault on fellow students wasn't enough to get her kicked out, but I guess they also gave Cheetah another chance after she committed similar crimes :sweat:.
I'd guess Waller wants nobody to become a villain and wants to try any and all attempts to prevent a student from going down that path. So expulsion seems rare. I think the only ones in the entire franchise were Golden Glider and Mandy Bowin in the first novel, though the latter was staged.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Water Water Nowhere | 520 | DC Super Hero Girls
When Killer Croc breaks the school's water main before a burglary, Mera's the only one there to stop him - and she has no water to use to defend herself.

And a teaser for the next webisode, "Fortress of Solidarity".
It's the holidays at Super Hero High and Supergirl is reminded of how much she misses her parents. In an attempt to quench her homesickness, Supergirl goes to the North Pole where she is attacked by Captain Cold.

SweetShop209

Well, after that episode, I need some water. As for the preview, I think that's Trevor Devall as Captain Cold.

Frontier

Staff member
Water Water Nowhere | 520 | DC Super Hero Girls
It's nice seeing Mera again. I guess the writers figured they needed to have at least one episode ready to tie-in to the Aquaman movie, and what better way then a Mera-focused episode ;).

Although I wish the villain had actually been Aquaman-related. Like, I dunno, Ocean Master? Black Manta? Siren returns? I'd even settle for King Shark :shrug:.

Man, some friends. The least they could've done is just check her tank instead of just assuming she ditched them :mad:.

Why would they just leave a priceless statue just standing in the middle of the hallway? And why would they have a key to unlock said statue where anyone could grab it :confused:?

I see Mera scrambling to find some water and just think...doesn't she have super-strength :sweat:?

Huh, I think that's the first time a villain has been subded but still gotten away. Kind of surprised Mera didn't go after Croc to be honest :ack:.
And a teaser for the next webisode, "Fortress of Solidarity".
Hmm...was this episode produced earlier? That image of all the girls hugging was in the trailer for the previous, Fontana-headed, season and the animation looks more like past seasons animation :oops:.

SweetShop209

Maybe it's a carryover from the previous season because I think I remember seeing this in the season 4 teaser trailer. At the same time, it's given a season 5 production code number, so they probably just wanted to release it closer to Christmas. Also, I feel this might be a double length episode.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls "Water Water Nowhere"

Harley Quinn sees cartoons stars? Ummm... Okay.

"Mr. Parasite"? Ummm.... Okay.

Lame cactus joke? Ummm... Okay.

How was the episode? Ummm... Okay. **1/2.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hmm...was this episode produced earlier? That image of all the girls hugging was in the trailer for the previous, Fontana-headed, season and the animation looks more like past seasons animation :oops:.

Maybe it's a carryover from the previous season because I think I remember seeing this in the season 4 teaser trailer. At the same time, it's given a season 5 production code number, so they probably just wanted to release it closer to Christmas. Also, I feel this might be a double length episode.
Yes, I agree. The last scene is a dead giveaway as SweetShop pointed out. Season 4 had 24 episodes air, so in theory, I figured at least 2 went unaired. So airing out of continuity. I think the Season 3 finale "It's a Superful Life" was during December. Based on what goes in this one, I guess "Fortress of Solidarity" could be either the first event in season 4 or could still work as one of the 2 last episodes of season 4, it would just be a big time skip because the last aired episode "By the Yearbook" would have been May/June. But that would match with them saying at the start of season 5 that they are months away from May (or in other words, they begin at the new semester in January).

SweetShop209

Batgirl is shown in the trailer. If she's voiced by Mae Whitman, then its season 4. If Ashlyn Selich voices her, than its season 5.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
^Fontana confirmed it was one her webisodes from last season.

Why would they just leave a priceless statue just standing in the middle of the hallway? And why would they have a key to unlock said statue where anyone could grab it :confused:?
Yeah, they went to the trouble of superproof chains but not a superproof glass case? Meh.

Huh, I think that's the first time a villain has been subded but still gotten away. Kind of surprised Mera didn't go after Croc to be honest :ack:.
She used up the water but didn't want to try elsewhere in the city where Croc was running to... but he'd get caught sooner than later, imprisoned, then escape again, get caught again, etc. Shrug.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Fortress of Solidarity | 521 | DC Super Hero Girls
It's the holidays at Super Hero High and Supergirl is reminded of how much she misses her parents. In an attempt to quench her homesickness, Supergirl goes to the North Pole where she is attacked by Captain Cold.
Here is today's episode. Since Mae Whitman voices Batgirl here, we have a season 4 episode with a season 5 production order. Also, Matthew Mercer makes a good Captain Cold.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Fortress of Solidarity | 521 | DC Super Hero Girls

Here is today's episode. Since Mae Whitman voices Batgirl here, we have a season 4 episode with a season 5 production order. Also, Matthew Mercer makes a good Captain Cold.
You can definitely tell that this was a Fontana-produced episode. The writing, character dynamics, animation, and just the general handling of the story feels much more in-line with the old seasons then the current one. Kind of goes to show how important Fontana was to making DCSHG DCSHG :(.

It's also nice to see a Fontana episode return for a very sweet Christmas story. It did also have a sense of...I don't want to say finality, but we had the female Trinity, the new additions (Mera and Raven), more character development for Supergirl, and an appearance from all the major parents (with the Kents mentioned off-screen), so I think Fontana's final episode felt like a nice culmination of her work on the series :).

Thank goodness for Ivy, otherwise Trigon would've ruined Christmas :eek:.

It was also nice to see an episode that wasn't animated in Flash :sweat:.

"Superhero Girls!" Oh hey, a title drop. I guess if this was Fontana's final episode, she had to fit that in there :p.

I never would've expected Captain Cold to be able to hold his own again so many super-powered females, especially without a Rogues team backing him up, but it was nice to see him pop up as a new antagonist. And Matthew Mercer did a pretty solid thug-voice for Cold :cool:.

I wonder where Cold got that Kryptonite beam :confused:?

Cold vs. Frost made me think that between the two they probably compete for who's the second most popular ice-based villain after Mr. Freeze ;).

Random Polar Bear in danger :ack:.

Supergirl's crystal creating her own Fortress of Solitude was a cool twist, although I guess it's really the "Fortress of Solidarity," which feels appropriate and unique to Supergirl :anime:.
And here's a Teaser for the next webisode.
Teaser Trailer | 522 Super Gift Swap | DC Super Hero Girls
Hey, two holiday episodes in a row :D.

I suspect Harley will end up earning a detention here...

SweetShop209

I assume this would've been the season 4 finale, but they then moved it to season 5 and edited it to be like the multi-part format utilized since "All Pets Are Off" in order to release it close to Christmas. While the next episode is also a holiday episode that sirs after Christmas, it's at least close to the holiday.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts