"Godzilla: King of the Monsters" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Titans term will be used instead of kaiju.

Trailer: Holy... so she's actually the bad guy. Like Bryan Cranston's character was someone Monarch could keep a lid on, but she's their worst nightmare awakening all the monsters...

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
It's finally time!!:

https://www.slashfilm.com/bear-mccr...-incorporating-classic-themes-comic-con-2018/

The film also has a new composer, who will incorporate 'classic themes' (Godzilla's theme song might finally be in this one).
Holy crud, that trailer :eek:!!!

Mothra! Rodan! Ghidorah! And they all look amazing :D!!!

I don't know what my favorite scene is...Mothra's cocoon, Mothra's wings, Rodan emerging from the volcano and doing battle with those jets, Ghidorah's eyes, his lightning blast, his silhouette, Godzilla roaring with the US military right behind him...so much awesomeness :cool:.

Going by the trailer it seems like this woman believes that the monsters, or "Titans," are the key to saving humanity from itself, and ends up releasing Rodan and Ghidorah. Then that inevitably goes south and Godzilla once again has to clean up humanity's mess :mad:.

I wonder if Mille Joe Brown's character will serve as a stand-in for the Twin Priestesses, as far as her relationship/connection with Mothra :)?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
9/12: No surprise there. An R rating would be ridiculous. Looking forward to the next trailer though.

10/21: Snippets from Total Film feature. Ghidorah tease from the feature.

10/25: Legendary Comics will release a graphic novel setting up the sequel's story titled Godzilla: Aftershock, and the publisher has confirmed the comic will feature a brand-new canon creature.

10/29: First look at MUTO in Aftershock tie-in comic.

11/16: Post production is done.

11/24: 3 more Monarch teases this past week.

Last edited:

19MagiswordLane

Anime Superhero's Crooner of Carnage, babe!
New image:

1543427278905.png

19MagiswordLane

Tokyo Comic-Con has arrived and S.H. Monsterarts has revealed the final designs of our stars. What do you think?
1543641448638.png

1543641418971.png

1543641684039.png

1543641704638.png

We also get to hear a little bit of Bear McCreary's music. Sounds fittingly epic:
Full Trailer Coming Next Week

Last edited:

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
That theme music is great. I always dig this kind of operatic score.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Rodan and Ghidorah look outstanding. Mothra will take time to get used to, the Rams almost make me thinking of a praying mantis more than a Moth, though the wings look outstanding. I remember Dougherty saying that Godzilla’s look would be changed a bit, but I don’t see it. He looks the same as he did in the last movie, which certainly isn’t a bad thing.

19MagiswordLane

Rodan and Ghidorah look outstanding. Mothra will take time to get used to, the Rams almost make me thinking of a praying mantis more than a Moth, though the wings look outstanding. I remember Dougherty saying that Godzilla’s look would be changed a bit, but I don’t see it. He looks the same as he did in the last movie, which certainly isn’t a bad thing.

His dorsal fins have been molded in the shape of his Japanese ones (the original 1954 version). His feet are in the shape of actual feet. Basically, his design has been tweaked to resemble his original self.

Last edited:

Spideyzilla

Staff member
His dorsal fins have been molded in the shape of his Japanese ones (the original 1954 version). His feet are in the shape of actual feet. Basically, his design has been tweaked to resemble his original self.
So subtle I barely noticed. Still it's obvious now that you mention it, especially the fins. I was looking for facial differences, changes to the body shape, stuff like that. The new look is fine, although I was also fine with the old look. I'm glad it wasn't tweaked too much, I still feel that Legendary nailed it on the first try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts