C&C - Attack on Titan - "Night of the Battle to Retake the Wall" [11/10]

Nobodyman

toonami2018-_main_template-png.189602
toonami2018-_attack_on_titan-png.194201

Well, this is it. Last episode before the mid-season break.

Nobodyman

Previously on AoT: How Your Drill Sergeant Met Your Mother

Now they must figure out what to do with the Titan Secret Formula. Just don't let it get in the hands of Plankton.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: How I met the man who met your mother.

TITAN WALLS ARE MADE OF PEOPLE!

Trusting Levi with the Titan juice, eh?

So many things left unsaid.

Throw wave after wave of their own men at them until they eat their fill and shut down.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Celebrating victory against the man-eating Titans by eating meat. How ironic.

Sasha's gone cuckoo

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Crimony, it's like they didn't have meat before.

Sasha's a meat-and-potatoes kinda girl.

Yeah, and then THAT happened. Remember?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Ehh, let them get it out of their system now.

I'm surprised Mikasa hasn't swooped in already.

Oh, thanks Levi.

Oceans, deserts, mountains, other enclaves of humanity (presumably)...

I hope they remembered to untie Sasha.

Nobodyman

Operation Retake Wall Maria: to commence in five months.

We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please stand by.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Prepare for much tire-kicking and fire-lighting.

And if we're lucky, some dead Titans as well.

Oooookay, I was wondering why they were giving us the full outro.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
That was a surprise with the outro fake out time-skip teaser thing. WTH would make them fight Levi?!

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Still wondering how far in advance they decided to do this hiatus. Ending on a buildup to the big battle episode was an interesting way to end the half season. There was some good action in this half season , but we are so far from the basement. Yay, reruns for who knows how long. Let's hope they eventually move to the back half of the block.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. I didn't realize that Levi had the Titan formula from Kenny. The fact that they can't analyze it was an easy way to keep that mysterious, especially now that Levi has it. Levi and Erwin arguing for awhile was a bit dull, but it made it clear just how strong Erwin's resolve was even when faced with a huge threat from Levi.

The whole party before the mission felt like a calm before the storm. Sasha going so far for meat was both strange and funny. It was a quick way to remind the audience of how she once offered meat for the group. The fact that only four months have passed since they first started being members of the Scouts is insane. Within that short amount of time, they've all gone through some really intense and traumatic experiences that already make them feel like veterans. It was funny how they didn't bother to stop Eren and Jean, even though they were both hoping for someone to step in. It was nice that Eren, Armin and Mikasa got a moment together. They haven't had a lot of those in this season. Mikasa herself hasn't really done much despite being one of the more popular characters in the series. It helped to showcase more of their connection and how they recognize that some things are changed forever.

Although, Armin getting Eren to promise that they'll find the ocean seemed like a red flag. A big party before their next huge mission in itself was a big red flag. In spite of that, it was nice how a lot of people came to wish them off. Even some of the minor or background characters from the season wanted to wish them good luck, which was a nice touch. I was really thrown off by that mid-ending theme preview. I thought to myself "What the heck was that?" after it was done. I guess Levi taking that container could explain why they were fighting him, but it was still such a weird tease for the next season. I'm not sure if it was even necessary given that the episode itself ends with the group heading off to take back the wall.

Overall, the episode was pretty good. I have enjoyed this half of the season a lot more than I expected to. I really liked most of the twists, the world building was pretty solid, Historia had some really good moments and Eren's emotional breakdown is still easily the most powerful moment in the series thus far. I'd still say that the series as a whole is more style than substance, but I do think that this season has had more substance than the first two seasons did. It's too bad that they have to take a break, but it is perfectly understandable. Hopefully the next half of the season will still be as engaging as this one was for me.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Oh, this was the last episode before the hiatus? Is there any projections of when it'll come back - 2019? 2020? Gulp.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Oh, this was the last episode before the hiatus? Is there any projections of when it'll come back - 2019? 2020? Gulp.

It was announced that the season will come back in next April. I'm not sure why they're taking a hiatus. I think at least part of it could be due to a recent disaster in Japan, but I don't know if the studio behind Attack on Titan is having some technical difficulties as well.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
It was announced that the season will come back in next April. I'm not sure why they're taking a hiatus. I think at least part of it could be due to a recent disaster in Japan, but I don't know if the studio behind Attack on Titan is having some technical difficulties as well.
I think the mid-season break was planned. There was a typhoon in the area and TV coverage delayed the last two episodes by a week.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I think the mid-season break was planned. There was a typhoon in the area and TV coverage delayed the last two episodes by a week.

I remember hearing about the typhoon delaying the last couple of episodes. I didn't know that they had planned for a mid-season break, but I guess that would explain why they're starting it up again in April instead of just a few weeks later. It might also explain the mid end credit teaser since they wouldn't have made that if they didn't plan the mid-season break ahead of time.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
The big issue is if whether or not Toonami knew about the break in advance. It seems like that isn't the case. Anyway, if the reruns happen in the same slot for the next six months, that would be problematic, especially since even after rerunning all the episodes again, there would still be about a month or two until the new ones are ready.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts