"Lego Star Wars: All Stars" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
LEGO Star Wars All-Stars "Lo, I Am Manufactured: From Trenches To Wrenches: The Roger Story"

Roger is my favorite Star Wars Droid after AP-5 from Star Wars Rebels. Funny backstory. ****.

BlackoutCreature

Hmm, if we accept "The Freemaker Adventures" as canon, I'm trying to figure out at which point in the timeline Roger could've been having adventures with Han Solo. I suppose this could be after "Return of the Jedi".

That said, the teaser also said Graballa the Hutt is back which has me all kinds of excited.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Here is another video, and Josh Peck guest stars.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Hmm, if we accept "The Freemaker Adventures" as canon,
Freemaker Adventures is only LEGO canon. As least, that's how I treat it. LEGO is an entirely separate canon.

LEGO Star Wars All-Stars "From Trenches To Wrenches: The Roger Story: It Gets Ugly"

That's no rock. I see what they did there.

You think ONE Rancor is bad? Try a bunch of them.

I loved Roger saying that isn't what his cowardice is telling him to do. I love Roger.

Funny stuff. ****.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
LEGO Star Wars All-Stars "From Trenches To Wrenches: The Roger Story: The Good Stuff"

"I mean, beep boop!" I love Roger. ****.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
LEGO Star Wars All-Stars "From Trenches To Wrenches: The Roger Story: The Prisoner Of Tatooine"

A thank you IS nice.

Good to see a Roger adventure from the Freemaker era.

Roger's Jawa is a little rusty.

Battle-Droid's can feel pain? That strikes me as a design flaw.

Funny cartoon. ****1/2.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
LEGO Star Wars All-Stars "From Trenches To Wrenches: The Roger Story: The Droid Rescue Gamble"

Oooh, a silver protocol Droid! Who's that?

First Roger cartoon set in the Force Awakens era. What happened to the Freemakers anyways?

Is this the first time Chopper and BB-8 have been in the same cartoon?

Laser blasts cost money? I like the Empire dudes bemoaning cost-cutting. The Emperor is a miser.

Good cartoon. ****.

LegoFanXDDC

The recent Star Wars show Star Wars Resistance felt meh to me, and while streaming one day I found this neat-looking ad for a new LEGO Star Wars cartoon. Tell me what you think of it below :anime::anime:

ShadowBeast

Here are three more shorts.

Considering how Luke is the "last Jedi", I wonder what happened to Rowan? If this was canon, he would've been killed by Kylo (which would damage the friendship Leia has with Kordi), but with this being Lego and non-canon, an obvious thing would be something to happen to cause Rowan to no longer be a Jedi.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
LEGO Star Wars All-Stars "Yub Nub"

If you want help from Roger, you are gonna get a lecture instead.

Tell me that I was not the only one who was reminded of Captain Kangaroo's Bob Keeshan by that baby Ewok? It's almost eerie if you ask me. And once I've said it, you can't unsee it. Roger thinks he has problems? Tell him how and why he can no longer say the words "Ping pong balls". ***1/2.

LEGO Star Wars All-Stars "What Goes Up"

Oh, I get it now. Maz=Ma's. Because she's like SUPER matronly. Get it? ***.

LEGO Star Wars All-Stars "The Power Of Jakku"

Well, it's good Rowan probably didn't get killed by Kylo Ren after all, simply by the ease with which his niece discussed him.

Was The Freemaker Adventures actually canceled? Because I've heard nothing for months, and this short feels like wrap-up for that more than anything. Although perhaps a 4 minute wrap-up on a two season series isn't doing it justice. ****.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
LEGO Star Wars All-Stars “The Chase With Han / Escape With Chewbacca”

The Chase With Han:

I would think that at this point Star Wars would just want to FORGET Solo, but this was perhaps made too far into production to cancel.

The chase in traffic was exciting.

Love Grabala the Hutt. He is so Master Shake. Why didn’t his flunkies think to grab him?

Fun cartoon. ***1/2.

Escape With Chewbacca:

I was a little lost. I couldn’t tell if events were running parallel with the first cartoon, or if it was a different mission entirely. Sort of annoyed we were sacked with a cliffhanger too.

Why is that lizard monkey green?

I love Grabala expressing doubt over Lena’s claims that she didn’t see him there. “I’m a petite guy” shows Grabala is a total smartass.

All right. ***.

Episode Overall: ***.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/

Featured Posts