"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Guuuuys, you forgot about this:

MSM Spidey in a motion comic tie-in to Spider-Geddon

Huh. Interesting :).

Well, first things first, this definitely does look like this is supposed to be set in Marvel's Spider-Man and it's even written by Kevin Shinick, and they also use the same designs from the cartoons for everybody but Thor and Green Goblin (who haven't appeared yet). Kinda weird to see the Ultimate Green Goblin flying around though :sweat:.

Although if they were going to do a cartoon tie-in to Spider-Geddon, you'd think they would have brought back Robbie Daymond to actually voice his Spider-Man. I mean, Griffin Burns does a solid job here, but a little consistency would've been nice :shrug:.

Spider-Punk's voice also feels kind of ill-fitting :sweat:.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Spider-Man "Spider-Geddon: Spider-Man No 1"

I love the Spider junk joke. Saucy.

I laughed at Spidey bemoaning the 25 dollar tickets to the wax museum, and being outraged Mysterio seemingly got his own wax statue. I also like that he narrowed the culprit down to two enemies but that he and David Blaine had patched things up.

This was fun and funny. ****1/2.

Frontier

Staff member
That was pretty cool. It's nice to see the show acknowledged in other media.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon version of Spider-Man also popped up in a tie-in issue of the comic version of Spider-Verse where he and the comic version of Miles teamed-up with the 60's cartoon Spider-Man :).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
The Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon version of Spider-Man also popped up in a tie-in issue of the comic version of Spider-Verse where he and the comic version of Miles teamed-up with the 60's cartoon Spider-Man :).
I've seen that one. I liked how 60s Spidey and USM Spidey were handled. I really hated how the Spider-Friends were treated in Spider-Verse though.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Poor Mysterio. Spidey's probably fought him once, and recently, and he's already getting put down as a low-level threat.

I really hated how the Spider-Friends were treated in Spider-Verse though.

Or Spider-Man Unlimited. I suppose that's why I'm kinda glad they don't have legal access to the other animated Spideys.

Frontier

Staff member
Poor Mysterio. Spidey's probably fought him once, and recently, and he's already getting put down as a low-level threat.
I think I remember in the show Spidey putting Mysterio down as a third-rate B-Villain, which was kind of amusing given Mysterio is usually one of his bigger villains :p.
Or Spider-Man Unlimited. I suppose that's why I'm kinda glad they don't have legal access to the other animated Spideys.
I remember the writer of that story claiming Unlimited's death also meant they killed off 90's cartoon Spidey, prompting John Semper to have to go online to say that wasn't the case :sweat:.

Roxas_Sora

Big News, people!!! It seems Disney XD Netherlands has started to show new episodes of "Marvel's Spider-Man". Even some clips are already online.
There's one where Sandgirl (who is still as mean as when we met her) makes a deal with some mobsters to capture Spider-Man, but then they are ambushed by the "Superior Spider-Man" and his "Spider-Bots".

I don't want to see the episode, but if anyone has info about this episode, please, post it.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just wanted to add a reminder that Spoiler Tags must be added if you want to talk about stuff that happens in episodes that premiere internationally before airing in the US. The same goes for any new clips, which should also come from official sources. (The clip above is fine).

Since these episodes are already airing in other countries (and are even dubbed in different languages), I can only presume they are not the same episodes that were being recorded by Menville and others from the cast over the last three months or so.

SweetShop209

1. I looked more into the show's schedule. The show now has weekday reruns at 9:30 am full time, though only for season 5 episodes so far. It still only has one 9pm slot on weekends.

Calendar | Disney XD Press
Here's a scheduling update. In addition to keeping the 10:30 pm time slot, Marvel's Spiderman regains the 9:30 am time slot starting December 10, knocking Avengers Assemble out its weekday reruns.

Frontier

Staff member
I honestly forgot about this show...
Honestly, I almost think practically everything else Spider-Man related this year has kind of overshadowed this cartoon :sweat:.

I just don't really see the point of these long hiatus', other then dragging out the end to these Marvel cartoons because they aren't producing any new ones to replace them on Disney XD :confused:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
No one said the show is supposed to premiere soon. My guess is still Summer 2019. Avengers is returning in January and Guardians is returning in Spring, so unless they decide to air more than one show at a time, Summer would be the next logical time-frame for Spidey.

SweetShop209

Well, at least it has weekday reruns, unlike Avengers and Guardians, the latter of which still hasn't aired in at least 4-6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts