Korean animations dubbed in English

Anifanny

Hi, I'm new here and I'm trying to promote Korean animations. I've been a VA in Korea for years now and the struggle is real. If anyone is interested or have a few minutes to spare, please check out the 2 links. Constructive feedback is welcome, and if you got some enjoyment from them too, even better. Thanks for taking the time~
Flowering Heart: Stone Age:

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I think Cubix was the only Korean cartoon to ever air on US airwaves. Wonder why no other one ever aired?

Kirben

Wasn't Eon Kid (Iron Kid) also shown in the USA? which is another production from Korea.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Wasn't Eon Kid (Iron Kid) also shown in the USA? which is another production from Korea.

Yes, it showed on Kids WB when the block was in significant decline. That's why Cubix is the only well-remembered one as it aired when the block was still healthy and had a few hits (Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Jackie Chan, Mega Man)

SpaceCowboy

4Kids once aired Tai Chi Chasers. While it was technically a co-production with Toei of Japan, the original audio is in Korean.
There's also Mecard (or Turning Mecard), which may still be airing on Kidsclick.

While I can understand why this topic was posted in the Anime Forum, aren't anime-influenced shows from South Korea regarded the same way as Teen Titans and Avatar: The Last Airbender are? If a Japanese creative team is not involved, should they be still be considered anime?
Also, if we wanted to discuss Korean-animation that is Western-influenced, like the Empress Chung movie (directed by Nelson Shin of Akom Production), would that go here or in the General Animation section?

Last edited:

DragonKnightGX

Flowering Heart. I've been watching, very good magical girl series I like. My favorite is Suha.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts