"Reign of the Supermen" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm guessing the possibility of seeing the destruction of Coast City and an eventual adaption of Emerald Twilight is slim to impossible? How I would love to see that, though.
I think if we were going to see Coast City destroyed or an Emerald Twilight adaption, we would have seen it in the next batch of movies in 2019.

I'm not even sure if they're going to fit Mongul into this adaption.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm guessing the possibility of seeing the destruction of Coast City and an eventual adaption of Emerald Twilight is slim to impossible? How I would love to see that, though.
Well, speaking on this, (spoilers from the longer sneak peek):

Nathan Fillion's Hal Jordan is the only confirmed member of the League returning for this movie.

Troy Troodon

Me wonders who they'll get to take over as the rest of the league, or even if the other leaguers will be in it at all...

Otaku-sempai

So, I suggested at IMDb that the current production status for Reign of the Superman should be changed from 'Announced' to 'Post-production'. However, I wonder now if 'Filming' would still be more accurate?

The site is also taking its time to update the entry with Sam Liu as director and Jim Krieg as co-writer (though I did furnish that data a few days ago).

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Miereanu was coy about an NYCC announcement on the 4th, so I'd guess it'll come this Tuesday, the 11th.

He also hinted at more cast announcements other than those from Part 1. So far Monaghan is voicing Superboy but who else could appear... well, there's Gangbuster, Newsboy Legion, Guardian, Thorn, Tana Moon, Mongul, Vincent Edge, Ron Troupe and so much more I'm forgetting.

Frontier

Staff member
He also hinted at more cast announcements other than those from Part 1. So far Monaghan is voicing Superboy but who else could appear... well, there's Gangbuster, Newsboy Legion, Guardian, Thorn, Tana Moon, Mongul, Vincent Edge, Ron Troupe and so much more I'm forgetting.
I thought it was interesting that Eradicator is the only Superman who's VA they didn't confirm or have an interview with in the sneak peek.

I guess he also low-key confirmed the return of the rest of the Trinity, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Cat Grant, and Cyborg ;).

The movie will have a lot going on, but if Death indicated anything it's that they'll try and fit in as many characters as they can, even in cameos. Tana seems like an easy character to work into Superboy's story at the very least :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I thought it was interesting that Eradicator is the only Superman who's VA they didn't confirm or have an interview with in the sneak peek.
Yeah, I was left wondering if O'Connell voices him, too, or maybe Nyambe Nyambe, the voice of Martian Manhunter.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
September 12th:
There will be a panel at New York Comic-Con on Saturday October 6th.
October 06, 2018, 6:15 PM - 7:15 PM
Main Stage 1D – Javits Center
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment extends its annual tradition of offering New York Comic Con fans the exclusive “first look” at the next DC Universe Movie. The critically acclaimed The Death of Superman took summer by storm, and the second half of the treasured DC Comics tale – Reign of the Supermen – completes the heroic package with its examination of a world first without Superman … and then with several vying for the ultimate title. Come enjoy an hour-long mix of never-before-seen animated clips and lively discussion amongst executive producer James Tucker, producer/director Sam Liu, screenwriters Jim Krieg & Tim Sheridan, character designer Phil Bourassa, and actors Patrick Fabian (Better Call Saul), voice of Hank Henshaw, Toks Olagundoye (Castle), voice of Cat Grant, Nyambi Nyambi (The Good Fight, Mike & Molly), voice of Martian Manhunter, and some potential surprise guests. Reign of the Supermen arrives from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment in Early 2019.

October 4th:
Gary Miereanu shared this behind the scenes photo from the upcoming panel at Comic-Con.

(I can't remember off-hand if that scene was in the Sneak Peek).

Frontier

Staff member
Godfrey being in it pretty much confirms some Apokolips involvement in events, I'd wager :ack:.

Superboy with the Justice League sounds hilarious :p.

Well, we may not get a mullet but it sounds like the returned Superman will still have long hair :).

Also sounds like we can count on Batman and Catwoman's romance being part of Hush (not unsurprising) ;)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Godfrey being in it pretty much confirms some Apokolips involvement in events, I'd wager :ack:.
Agreed, they set up bread crumbs in Death of.

Well, we may not get a mullet but it sounds like the returned Superman will still have long hair :).
The love-hate relationship with mullets in DC animation has come a long way. lol.

EDIT: IGN has a summary of the panel, too.

Last edited:

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
A new piece of artwork for the movie was released, featuring Cyborg Superman. Click the image to check it out:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I haven't listened to them yet, but Geek Vibes Nation posted some roundtable interviews from Comic-Con on YouTube. I presume a Possible Spoilers warning would be in order.

- James Tucker
- Nyambi Nyambi
- Patrick Fabian

EDIT:
In the video with Fabian, around the 8:07 minutes mark, they seem to tease a release date of February 2019, which does seem kind of consistent with past release dates fro the 1st movies of the year. But I imagine we'll have more official details about this eventually.

Also, there aren't really any spoilers in these interviews from what I can tell. They briefly discuss the movie, but it's mostly stuff you'd expect or what was discussed previously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts