"The Batman" Live-Action Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Puts it potentially in line for a Summer 2020 release, in theory, a slot that past Batman movies have had. Hmm.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Is it weird that I think The Dark Knight was the ONLY good live-action Batman movie? Outside of it and Mask Of The Phantasm, I think every other Batman movie released to theaters was either underwhelming (Adam West's Batman movie, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight Rises, Batman v Superman, Justice League) or outright terrible (Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman And Robin).

Still haven't seen The Lego Batman Movie yet, although I DO own the Blu-Ray. Feel free to shame me for it.

Edit: Wait, I never actually saw Batman and Robin. I'm just going by reputation. I thought the first three 90's Batman movies were awful, and I didn't want to actually have to watch a movie that was supposedly worse than all of them. Mea culpa: I never saw it.

the greenman

Sorry but Burton's Batman set a standard for the character. Without it no gruff sounding Batman. Timm used this for BTAS. Yeah, it was weird but what do you want from Burton at his peak?

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Sorry but Burton's Batman set a standard for the character. Without it no gruff sounding Batman. Timm used this for BTAS. Yeah, it was weird but what do you want from Burton at his peak?

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk
A decent story without a million holes you can poke in it. Tim Burton is one of the most overrated directors in Hollywood. The only movies he's made that I've liked were Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Beetlejuice, and Ed Wood. I even think The Nightmare Before Christmas is far too overpraised.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Ben Affleck is done with rehab and seemingly re-energized to play Batman at least one more time because he feels he's not done yet and likes what Phoenix is doing with his take on the Joker.

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
All that is good to hear. Taking a break is what this project desperately needed, and maybe now that he, and maybe the WB itself, have had a chance to recharge to reevaluate some things the movie can actually take it's time to be better

Frontier

Staff member
Ben Affleck is done with rehab and seemingly re-energized to play Batman at least one more time because he feels he's not done yet and likes what Phoenix is doing with his take on the Joker.
Firstly, I'm glad Ben is out of rehab and seeming on the road to recovery :).

As far as his playing Batman...well, there've been a lot of false starts and a lot of "Maybe's" when it comes to his Batman, so I'm not really sure what's going to happen one way or another. I would like to see him come back though ;).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
That makes sense. I recall that it was around when Affleck and Johns were still developing the movie, but I doubt they were open to casting by that point :sweat:.
Yeah, I think it was more of those actor-campaigns-for-role audition videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Despite the tepid reception, I actually enjoyed seeing Argylle in the cinema.
Shania Twain > Taylor Swift. That is all.
I wish the internet would quit pushing sites like Temu and Shein onto me. I can't stand them, for numerous reasons.
I almost forgot to mention, but I'm doing another Media Brackets competition

X-Men '97 is good so far, but don't forget that angst does not automatically equal depth. Just adding swears and piling on cheap tragedies doesn't instantly make your work deep or mature.

Featured Posts