Viacom Names Brian Robbins as the New President of Nickelodeon

SG-17

Conversely I hope it does mean that. The network has been creatively dead for almost a decade now, maybe its time for a soft reboot.

Get the old, proven creators back to bring back their shows or make new ones.

Start a new pilot exhibition program to find new talent and new ideas.

Get rid of Nick@Nite and replace it with an expanded NickSplat.

Undo the 2009 rebranding.

Cut down on live action significantly.

Don't be afraid of action programming.

Maybe consolidate TeenNick and Nicktoons to save some money and sell off the extra channel space.

Actually have a real digital presence! What they were doing with VRV seemed promising until it turned out that they rotate content monthly instead of providing a growing catalog. Either get the entire back catalog onto Netflix or Hulu.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
"@SG-17: Get the old, proven creators back to bring back their shows or make new ones. "

Nick has tried that to limited success in the past. They brought back the creators of Pete & Pete for Sanjay and Craig.

"Start a new pilot exhibition program to find new talent and new ideas."

Nick already has the Animated Shorts Program, but it would be good to extend that to live-action pilots.

Well, I'm hoping with Brian Robbins as president, I'm sure there will be new and creative shows under his role as president of Nickelodeon.

SG-17

"@SG-17: Get the old, proven creators back to bring back their shows or make new ones. "

Nick has tried that to limited success in the past. They brought back the creators of Pete & Pete for Sanjay and Craig.

"Start a new pilot exhibition program to find new talent and new ideas."

Nick already has the Animated Shorts Program, but it would be good to extend that to live-action pilots.
I am thinking of something more like Oh Yeah! Cartoons and The Big Pick.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Looks like some major restructuring is happening at Nick.

Nickelodeon EVPs Bronwen O’Keefe & Lee Ann Larsen Exit In Restructuring

Two high-level Nickelodeon executives, EVP’s Bronwen O’Keefe and Lee Ann Chmielewski-Larsen, have been quietly let go from the Viacom network group, I have learned. Both are Nickelodeon veterans: O’Keefe had been with the company for 20 years; Chmielewski-Larsen had been with Nick for 27 years.

O’Keefe was most recently EVP, Live Action and Movies, Nickelodeon Group, a position she was promoted to in January 2018. Chmielewski-Larsen was most recently EVP of Production, Nickelodeon Kids and Family Group, a post she held for the past two years. A rep for Nickelodeon said that the company does not comment on personnel issues.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
It was a freaking joke. A funny one.

Do you know who else throws snits for not understanding pop-culture references and being left out of the joke? Old people. Welcome to my world.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Interestingly, Nick currently has a sketch show in development with pocket.watch. The show is created by All That alum Kenan Thompson, who will also star in it (albeit, as a voice of a smart-speaker).

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
A very good choice, IMO. Ramsey's executive and producer credits include: Barnyard (2006), The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004), The Wild Thornberrys Movie (2002), Hey Arnold! The Movie (2002), the Oscar-nominated Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (2001), and Rugrats in Paris: The Movie (2000). She also worked on the upcoming third SpongeBob movie.

Slightly off-topic, but both OG All That star Kenan Thompson and exec Kevin Kopelow, who also featured on the series as the Stage Manager, have also called for Nick to bring back All That.

Ramsey also worked at Blue Sky, the production company who made Nick's iconic 'Nicktoons' ident:

Last edited:

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Robbins revealed his future plans for Nickelodeon at Viacom's Spark panel:

-Get more Animated Shorts made and hire more Artists for future Nicktoons.
-Eliminate the "Executive" disconnect with the Animation studio.
-Destroy the Nicktoons Death Treatment and give shows time to grow. No more lofty expectations of instant SpongeBob levels of success.

D0BJqlpXQAAWC2h.jpg

D0BJ0y1X0AEYtb5.jpg

D0BKHFlWkAADCiW.jpg

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Where did he say that he would kill the Spongebob standard I dont see it in that interview...

Third image: "The panel also spoke of their dedication to allowing new shows the time necessary to finding its audience instead of canceling programs that aren't immediate hits."

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Third image: "The panel also spoke of their dedication to allowing new shows the time necessary to finding its audience instead of canceling programs that aren't immediate hits."

Think they can do something to keep Glitch Techs thriving after S1 (like bring back the crew responsible to work on later seasons!)? THAT would be a good start... besides putting Spongebob to rest someday so it can be more fondly remembered in the future fpr what it was, rather than a zombie to be frowned upon like most of Fox's animated sitcom output is (sans Bob's Burgers, Because that's actually good!).

It's good to dream. More importantly, it's time to fave reality: new material and new ideas need to be the majority of what's taken a chance on, besides all these stinking reboots and spinoffs!

Last edited:

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Robbins revealed his future plans for Nickelodeon at Viacom's Spark panel:

-Get more Animated Shorts made and hire more Artists for future Nicktoons.
-Eliminate the "Executive" disconnect with the Animation studio.
-Destroy the Nicktoons Death Treatment and give shows time to grow. No more lofty expectations of instant SpongeBob levels of success.

D0BJqlpXQAAWC2h.jpg

D0BJ0y1X0AEYtb5.jpg

D0BKHFlWkAADCiW.jpg

Where's this guy been all our lives???

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I wonder if this is already in effect. The ratings for the premiere of Rainbow Butterfly Unicorn Kitty weren’t terrible, but they weren’t great either. I feel like it wouldn’t have stuck around if the old management was still around.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts