"The Batman" Live-Action Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A new report says the script still isn't finished (might be done after Labor Day), and they plan on starting pre-production by the end of the year, then start filming in June 2019 at the earliest.

Birds of Prey and The Flash are expected to start production before this movie.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
A new report says the script still isn't finished (might be done after Labor Day), and they plan on starting pre-production by the end of the year, then start filming in June 2019 at the earliest.

Birds of Prey and The Flash are expected to start production before this movie.
While I'm not looking forward to another 4 months of "Ben is in, Ben is out," it's for the best that there will be 3 movies in various stages of active production rather than 4 just in terms of logistics and what not: Wonder Woman 1984, The Flash, and Birds of Prey. The first Wonder Woman's principal was 6 months, so hypothetically, so will 1984 and it started in June. So principal could end in December, just in time for the Batman to start up pre-production, then 1984 does some reshoots in spring 2019, then by June 2019, it'll be 3 again with Flash, Birds, and Batman in active production.

Frontier

Staff member
Are they still going with Court of Owls inspiration? I never read that but wonder if he's part of them.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk
I dunno. This started with Deathstroke, moved onto some kind of noir detective story, and now it's anyone's guess what this movie is about :sweat:.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
So what, they decided not to use it? Do I have that right?
Officially, Affleck stepped down as director, Matt Reeves came on board and decided to rewrite what Affleck had done. If I had to guess, I'd say that Affleck's decision to split from Batman was his call, though it may have been a mutual decision between him and the studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts