"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
On another note - I wonder if they'll keep the tradition of having an episode composed of short segments (sometimes inter-connected), like Guardians had "Mission: Break-Out", Spidey's "How I Thwipped My Summer Vacation" or even the "Initiation" shorts for Marvel Rising earlier this year. Going by the log-lines available so far I could kind of see "Into the Deep" being such an episode (granted it's more speculation on my part). But I do expect an episode like that here as well, regardless of when it ends up airing.

Last edited:

brodie999

On another note - I wonder if they'll keep the tradition of having an episode composed of short segments (sometimes inter-connected), like Guardians had "Mission: Break-Out", Spidey's "How I Thwipped My Summer Vacation" or even the "Initiation" shorts for Marvel Rising earlier this year. Going by the log-lines available so far I could kind of see "Into the Deep" being such an episode (granted it's more speculation on my part). But I do expect an episode like that here as well, regardless of when it ends up airing.

Me too. I wish Avengers: Secret Wars did a episode with Spider-Man in either New York 2099 or the world with Spider-Ham. What do you think Spider-Man S1 and Guardians S2 could've done with one additional episode to their respective shows?

TheLemsterPju

I mean, it would seem like an over-complicated way of working Bucky and movie synergy there, but I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility :p.

Although if accurate it would mean we'd be on our third Bucky VA.

Fourth actually. ;)

Also, Scott Porter DID voice Bucky/Winter Soldier in the Lego Avengers game.
IMO there's a pretty decent chance White Wolf may be Bucky in disguise.

Frontier

Staff member
Fourth actually. ;)

Also, Scott Porter DID voice Bucky/Winter Soldier in the Lego Avengers game.
IMO there's a pretty decent chance White Wolf may be Bucky in disguise.
Oh yeah, didn't they get someone else to voice him in that Doctor Spectrum episode :p?

He also voiced Bucky in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, but I think it's still pretty likely that White Wolf is just comic Hunter.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
Oh boy, our favorite terrorist where the only thing larger than his ego is his daddy issues is coming back.

I actually like Zemo va BP, that's never an uninteresting fight. I wish we could see BP fight Nighthawk.

Frontier

Staff member
Another new episode is now listed on Zap2It for October 14th - "The Zemo Sanction". Again, no description is currently available.
It'll be nice to see Zemo again :evil:.

I actually kind of wonder how they'll redesign him :sweat:.
Oh boy, our favorite terrorist where the only thing larger than his ego is his daddy issues is coming back.

I actually like Zemo va BP, that's never an uninteresting fight. I wish we could see BP fight Nighthawk.
As long as they don't retcon Zemo into being the one who killed T'Chaka for movie synergy :p.

Frontier

Staff member
Found a TV Spot someone filmed with new footage.
Looks like that's definitely T'Challa in the white Panther suit :).
Zap2It lists 2 more episode titles for next month, so we have the full October schedule - "Mists of Attilan" on 10/21 and "T'challa Royale" on 10/28.
I'll be honest, I get they're another Royal Family in the Marvel Universe but I'm really surprised to see the Inhumans getting an episode of a Marvel cartoon focused on them again :p.

"T'Challa Royale" makes me think we'll be seeing Black Panther fight a bunch of different villains :cool:.

Frontier

Staff member
Here's the promo in better quality tweeted by Disney XD.

Edit:
Newsarama has a review of the Season 5 premiere. They gave it an 8 out of 10. Possible Spoilers.
Oh hey, we're back to Avengers Tower. Not that I'll miss Avengers Compound ;).

Although wouldn't Avengers Mansion have made more sense thematically given it's the Wakandan Embassy in this continuity :confused:?

Interesting to see some praise for Mick Wingert's Iron Man. I don't think I'd go as far as to say he's my favorite Iron Man VA, but I think he's definitely come a long way from his first few episodes as Tony :).

I love how without Namor the cartoons keep bumping up his Rogues Gallery as apparently big deals in Atlantis :p.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I still prefer Loomis but Wingert does a good job.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Both are better than Pasdar. Cheesy lines sound even cheesier than they are with that specific voice.

What is ironic is that Pasdar is actually a good actor. His Talbot on Agents Of SHIELD was amazing and Nathan Petrelli was a highlight on Heroes. And that's not even getting into the awesomeness that was Profit. It amazes me that such a gifted actor was as bad at Iron Man as he was.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Well, Iron Man isn't the only character that both Mick Wingert and Eric Loomis have voiced. They've also voice doubled Jack Black as Po from Kung Fu Panda (though Eric only has 1 video game while Mick has some video games and two tv shows, the Nickelodeon series and the Amazon series). Though of the three, Mick Wingert is the one with the most voice acting and voice matching experience, hence his more nuanced performance as Iron Man.

Frontier

Staff member
I still prefer Loomis but Wingert does a good job.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I think of all the Iron Man VA's who channel RDJ, Loomis was definitely the best :).
Both are better than Pasdar. Cheesy lines sound even cheesier than they are with that specific voice.
Pasdar actually grew on me. I honestly missed him a lot when they first recast him with Wingert.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
On a different note, I find it interesting how both this website and Behind The Voice Actors are the only major sites online not specifically about comic books that talk about the show on a regular basis. I mean, you don't see anyone on youtube or deviantart regularly review the series compared to something like Ducktales.

TheLemsterPju

On a different note, I find it interesting how both this website and Behind The Voice Actors are the only major sites online not specifically about comic books that talk about the show on a regular basis. I mean, you don't see anyone on youtube or deviantart regularly review the series compared to something like Ducktales.

I knew a guy who was huge into animation and watched literally everything under the sun except for Marvel Animation. He never gave a reason why.

I think the animation community as a whole just ignores it simply because of (a.) the art styles not being appealing or pretty to look at and (b.) the extremely vocal minority of detractors scared them off of even talking about it (outside of a negative review or rant) out of fear of backlash.

I've actually wanted to do a whole series of videos talking about the Marvel Animated Universe on YouTube a couple years ago, which fell apart the more personal stuff got in the way. TBH I have the equipment and software to do it. I just still haven't got the chance or enough support to bother...and with how YouTube is now I'd probably have my videos flagged and removed for copyright.

Freddy

Eh, even in BTVA they mostly talk about voice casting news (which is understandable, it is a voice actor fansite after all) rather than the shows themselves.

Honestly, the apathy for these shows probably comes down to the fact that even at their best they are so mediocre that there's nothing interesting talk about. Their fans aren't super-passionate about them and non-fans have already gotten all their major criticisms out of their system. For animation fans, they are cheaply animated generic action shows, which don't push any envelopes nor standout from their peers. For superhero fans, there's more interesting things to talk about the comics, video games and live-action movies/tv-shows.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I kind of agree. I wound up really liking Ultimate Spider-Man by the end, but that's the only recent show that is true for. Both Guardians Of The Galaxy and Marvel's Spider-Man showed early promise but both ended up either disappointments or utter crap. It's a bit depressing how shabby the state of Marvel kids TV animation is. Dynamite shows like Wolverine and the X-Men seem far in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts