"DC Super Hero Girls" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
Another heads up, both Lego movies, Super-Villain high & Brain drain are now on Netflix.

Happy hunting!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I get that Mera has enhanced strength because she's an Atlantean, not that she really gets to show it off as much compared to her hydrokinesis, but has Bumblebee ever demonstrated enhanced strength :sweat:?
The Yearbook detailed Bumblebee's super strength a bit better. Page 16 is her page. 'Super strength in shrunken form.'

Frontier

Staff member
Shea Fontana posted the chapter list from "Search for Atlantis".
"New Girl" likely refers to Mera ;).

"Martian in the Middle" sounds like it means more Miss Martian :anime:.

"Small Wonder" is obviously alluding to Diana, so I'm guessing Brainiac maybe shrinks her somehow :eek:!

"Arrested Development" makes it sound like either something is stuck in place (Bumblebee's issues with Mera?) or the girls get in trouble with Atlantean authorities :ack:.

"Growing Pains" Our heroes enlarge the shrunken Atlantis ;)?

"F*R*I*E*N*D*S" A summation of the overall theme of the book :)?
She also posted a snippet of Lucius lecturing about Aquaman in Search for.
I love how teen Aquaman is still King of Atlantis :p.

Frontier

Staff member
DC posted a panel from Search for Atlantis.
Nice to see Arthur and Mera sitting next to each other :).

I don't believe Starfire was shown with aquatic gear in the trailer for Legends of Atlantis, so I'm guessing this is a debut for her :cool:?

I like M'gann taking a page from Young Justice and growing herself a mermaid tail ;).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'm willing to bet that's Josh Keaton as Aquaman, or maybe Max Mittleman.

Frontier

Staff member

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
1. I do know that we heard Mae Whitman's Batgirl in the trailer for the Legends Of Atlantis, though what if in the final product, they had Ashlyn Selich rerecord over her dialogue to provide a sense of consistency, and can't reveal it yet due to NDA. I know this happened with Justice League: Throne Of Atlantis, where Sean Patrick Thomas was meant to voice Cyborg, but then they just got Shemar Moore to voice him again like in Justice League War. Plus, this isn't the first time where a voice for a movie is different from the trailer since, in the latter movie, the trailers showed Steve Blum pretty much using his Lex Luthor voice for Darkseid, while the finalized movie digitally altered his voice to a significant degree.

2. If Lois Lane were to appear again in season 5, they'd probably get Grey DeLisle Griffin to voice her again instead of Alexis G. Zall in order to save on costs given the budget slash. I mean, we already have Ashlyn Selich from the franchise's Lego projects , so it's possible.

Frontier

Staff member
1. I do know that we heard Mae Whitman's Batgirl in the trailer for the Legends Of Atlantis, though what if in the final product, they had Ashlyn Selich rerecord over her dialogue to provide a sense of consistency, and can't reveal it yet due to NDA. I know this happened with Justice League: Throne Of Atlantis, where Sean Patrick Thomas was meant to voice Cyborg, but then they just got Shemar Moore to voice him again like in Justice League War. Plus, this isn't the first time where a voice for a movie is different from the trailer since, in the latter movie, the trailers showed Steve Blum pretty much using his Lex Luthor voice for Darkseid, while the finalized movie digitally altered his voice to a significant degree.
I guess it's possible, but I think given Whitman had already recorded for it and it's meant to be in-line with Fontana's DCSHG, I expect they will keep her as Batgirl :).
2. If Lois Lane were to appear again in season 5, they'd probably get Grey DeLisle Griffin to voice her again instead of Alexis G. Zall in order to save on costs given the budget slash. I mean, we already have Ashlyn Selich from the franchise's Lego projects , so it's possible.
I guess I wouldn't be surprised after they already recast Batgirl...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts