Kim Possible - Return or reboot?

Roxas_Sora

OK, this is the Sitch. Next year, we will have a live-action movie of Kim Possible, which could mean something big after that. The question is, what? I mean, we could have another reboot of the series, although I'm not entirely convinced that I like the idea. As Duff Killigan said in "A Sitch in Time", it would be years of "deja vu". Making a reboot with live-action actors?, definitely not, because that would cause a lot of troubles for the franchises; if they are going to make a reboot, it would definitely have to be with animation. Otherwise, this won't be worthy of having the name of "Kim Possible". Besides, with live-action actors, it would be too similar to "K.C. Undercover". Not to mention that Rufus would have a BIG problem. It was funny to see him animated, but a real live-action naked mole rat... I'm sorry, but it's simply too disgusting to be likeable.

To be honest, I would prefer a new animated series where we could continue the story where it was left; right after saving the world from an alien invasion, Kim and Ron prepare to face a new step in their lifes at college. There was many remaining stories that could continue in a new animated series. Let me say the things I would like to see with Kim Possible's return:

1º) Combos:
Kim Possible marked an era in Disney Animation's series, just like Ducktales did in its time. So now, similar to what Ducktales in currently doing, if Kim Possible returns, it should have "cameos" and/or crossovers with other animated series from its era. These are the candidates:
+ "American Dragon: Jake Long": This is a series that was unfairly cancelled at a crucial point. I would like to see its characters again meeting Kim Possible during a mission in New York.
+ "The Proud Family": There was a time when Penny proud mentioned strong and independent woman like "Oprah, Janet Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, Kim Possible...". So, there's a chance.
+ "Recess": Teaming up with Kim Possible, after what happened in "Recess" movie wouldn't be so weird for TJ and the gang.
+ "Lilo & Stitch": This series had a crossover with "Kim Possible", "American Dragon: Jake Long", "The Proud Family" and "Recess". So, it can easily have references to it too.
+ "Phineas and Ferb": This series started just when "Kim Possible" officially ended, not to mention Phineas and Ferb could have a friendly competition with Jim and Tim.
+ "Marvel Universe": There was a lot of references to Marvel Universe in "Kim Possible" (SHIELD, Iron Man, Hulk... etc); so it should have a crossover like "Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel".

2º) Either in reboot or a new series, there are several things to change and/or improve. Let's see:
+ Gill and Camp Wannaweep: Working with DNAmy, Gill could have become a bigger villain in the series; mainly focus on destroy Ron. Having his own enemies could help Ron to improve himself in the series, maybe faster than in the original series.
+ The Killer Bebes: Powerful enemies who could have become one of the serie most powerful villains. I wish the episode "Queen Bebe" would have been "amplified", because Bonnie as their Queen could have given us a great arc.
+ Bonnie becoming Kim's friend?: I have to say I liked this idea from the original series (episode "Bonding"), sadly it was forgotten because Bonnie stayed the same after "So the Drama". Also, I would lie if I say seeing her with Senior Senior Junior wasn't funny. Still, after seeing how her older sisters treated her, I couldn't avoid to feel sorry for her.
+ Team Go: This is something I would have liked to see more expanded. Shego's brothers could end up becoming her sister's redemption, somehow.
+ Zita and Felix: We didn't see any of this until the very end of Season 4, which was really sad. I would have liked to see how their relationship evolved through a couple of episodes.
+ The Fearless Ferret: Even although Adam West has died, it would be kind in the series try to honor his memory with an especial episode or something.

+ Warhok and Warmonga: Possibly the most dangerous villains of the series, but they only have two episodes. Either in reboot or continuation, they should appear more.
+ The Attitudinator: This machine opened the door for Shego's redemption, and turned Ron into a very efficient villain. This should be explored more, not to mention what it could have happened if Kim was affected by it.
+ Kim and Ron's relationship: This is one of the main reasons because I don't want a reboot. Starting the whole drama all over again would be lame. It should start at a sooner moment in a reboot, so I would prefer to see the continuation of their story in college.
+ Ron's Mystical Monkey Powers: Several things should be fixed in a reboot and better explored in a continuation. A potential relationship between Yori and Hirotaka, more about Hana and the Yono's past, DNAmy as Gorilla Fist?, and maybe Ron becoming the Monkey Ninjas' Leader by the Monkey Prophecy about the stars.
+ "A Sitch in Time": I would have liked to see the adult selfs of Kim and Ron. My idea/wish, they get married and have their own kids; Kim possibly became the new leader of Global Justice, Rufus into a "sensei" for Rufus 3000 and his siblings, and Ron could have evolved into his own kind of hero with his Mystical Monkey Powers.
+ "Dimension Twist": Instead of going to the world of tv shows, maybe they could end up in the Marvel Universe or something more interesting.

Well, what do you think?

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm kind of interested in both options. I think that an animated reboot could work depending on the people behind the scenes, but I certainly wouldn't mind a special with Kim and Ron fighting villains in college. The latter might be a bit more likely to have the original creators involved too. It would also probably be easier to manage a special than create a reboot or new series set in college. There are positives for both options, so I'd be fine with either option.

Roxas_Sora

I'm kind of interested in both options. I think that an animated reboot could work depending on the people behind the scenes, but I certainly wouldn't mind a special with Kim and Ron fighting villains in college. The latter might be a bit more likely to have the original creators involved too. It would also probably be easier to manage a special than create a reboot or new series set in college. There are positives for both options, so I'd be fine with either option.

I'm glad to see there are people who share my point of view. An special about the college days could be a good option, although I would truly like another special showing us Kim and Ron as adults, probably married and with their own children. It would be funny what kind of children they have, considering the irony that Kim Possible is "Unstoppable" and Ron Stoppable is "Impossible".

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I'm glad to see there are people who share my point of view. An special about the college days could be a good option, although I would truly like another special showing us Kim and Ron as adults, probably married and with their own children. It would be funny what kind of children they have, considering the irony that Kim Possible is "Unstoppable" and Ron Stoppable is "Impossible".
Kim Possible is impossibly perfect. Ron Stoppable cannot be stopped. He never gives up, despite his imperfections.

ShadowBeast

I can't see the series continuing since Ron was made OP and Drakken and shego were kind of redeemed in Graduation.
As for a reboot, eh, they might end up using different voice-actors, and I can't see anyone else voicing Drakken and Shego, or any of the characters really. Though they could keep the voices, but change the art style. Which might be risky as well.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
The problem for me is not the voice-actors or the art style changing, it's the writing.

Kim Possible's writing was all it had. Change it a bit and it will turn out terrible :sweat:

Literally any other cartoon from the early 00s would be easier to reboot, in my opinion.

Light Lucario

Staff member

As cute as it would be to see Kim and Ron married and having kids, I don't know if they'd want to do that, mainly because most main characters in Disney shows are kids and I don't know if they'd want to shift the focus on one of their kids. I wouldn't be against it. I just don't know if they'd want to do that.

Roxas_Sora

As much as I hated 'Graduation,' I'd rather have a sequel season/series.

I don't see why you hated "Graduation". It was really epic for me. I just wish this wasn't the very last episode, because I would have liked to see more about Ron developing his Mystical Monkey Powers and see if Warhok and Warmonga's defeat would have brought consequences to Earth.

I can't see the series continuing since Ron was made OP and Drakken and shego were kind of redeemed in Graduation.
As for a reboot, eh, they might end up using different voice-actors, and I can't see anyone else voicing Drakken and Shego, or any of the characters really. Though they could keep the voices, but change the art style. Which might be risky as well.

I don't see whay the series couldn't continue like this. I don't know what you mean with "OP", but I really would like to see him developing his Mystical Monkey Powers and evolve from just "sidekick" to "hero" just like Kim. And even if Drakken and Shego were redeemed, that doesn't mean they couldn't be "substituted". Professor Dementor and an "improved" Adrenna Lynn (who made a mysterious return in the last episode) could fill the void lefy by Drakken and Shego.

And yeah, replacing the voice actors and/or the art style would be too risky, if you ask me. Just look at how drastically they changed the art style of "American Dragon: Jake Long" from Season 1 to Season 2. It ended up working, but still, I would have prefered the dragon forms of Jake and his Grampa from Season 1. In Season 2, it looked like they were drawn by a little kid.

As cute as it would be to see Kim and Ron married and having kids, I don't know if they'd want to do that, mainly because most main characters in Disney shows are kids and I don't know if they'd want to shift the focus on one of their kids. I wouldn't be against it. I just don't know if they'd want to do that.

The point is not making a series about their kids, just showing that, even although time can't be stopped, we can always look into the future and hope for the best. I mean, the idea would be about a special episode showing us the future lifes of Kim and Ron, but not get too deep on it. There was made in others series, after all:

+ "Lilo & Stitch": We didn't see it in this series, but in the "Japan's sequel" we saw an adult Lilo with her daughter. Even if Stitch wasn't with his Ohana anymore, that doesn't mean there wasn't hope for the future.
+ "American Dragon: Jake Long": In one episode, we could shortly see Jake as an adult with his future son (although it was naver confirmed is his wife would be Rose). But anyway, it was a way to show hope for the future of the character.

Even although Disney's characters are something like "immortals", the pass of time is never avoidable. Just look how many Disney characters get their own families as time passed: Ariel and Eric had Melody, Simba and Nala had Kiara and Kion, Cinderella's problems didn't end after "Happy Ever After"... etc. Life always continues, and when a door is closed, another one opens. Besides, I always wanted to see the future of Kim and Ron in "A Sitch In Time", although what we saw in the game of the DVD could have modifications after what happened in Seasons 3 and 4.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
A new series with their children could turn it into something like The Secret Saturdays or an updated Jonny Quest : O That would be awesome...

Turns out I have never seen the final episode. I have no idea what you guys are all talking about :D I am currently rewatching the series though. (Yes, I know... I say that about over 15 old cartoons, but I am watching all of those. Just at a very slow rate! Less than one ep a week.)

So I still think a return would be better than a reboot.

ShadowBeast

I don't see whay the series couldn't continue like this. I don't know what you mean with "OP", but I really would like to see him developing his Mystical Monkey Powers and evolve from just "sidekick" to "hero" just like Kim.
OP means Over-Powered. There is no villain who can take on Ron, now that he's in control of his Mystic Monkey powers. He took down villains that even Kim Possible couldn't beat.

And even if Drakken and Shego were redeemed, that doesn't mean they couldn't be "substituted". Professor Dementor and an "improved" Adrenna Lynn (who made a mysterious return in the last episode) could fill the void lefy by Drakken and Shego.
Drakken and Shego are very popular characters though. They can't be replaced.
Adrenna Lynn was supposedly suppose to have been a regular villain, but viewers didn't like her, hence why she never made a second major appearance. So I doubt she would come back if the series was revived. Especially since she can't handle Kim's level of stunts.

Roxas_Sora

OP means Over-Powered. There is no villain who can take on Ron, now that he's in control of his Mystic Monkey powers. He took down villains that even Kim Possible couldn't beat.

1º) Thanks for explaining the meaning of "OP".
2º) Nobody said at any moment that Ron could control his Mystical Monkey Powers; at least, not entirely. Besides, having the power doesn't mean you can always rely on it. It was necessary to see Kim's life in danger for Ron to access them when he really needed them. After that, it doesn't mean he has full control. Besides, remember that Monkey Fist got the same powers; and yet, curiously, he never shown to be as powerful as Ron here. Maybe he needs his own motivation. And don't forget how ridiculously powerful was the Yono too. Ron could have a match in him.

Drakken and Shego are very popular characters though. They can't be replaced.
Adrenna Lynn was supposedly suppose to have been a regular villain, but viewers didn't like her, hence why she never made a second major appearance. So I doubt she would come back if the series was revived. Especially since she can't handle Kim's level of stunts.

I said "sustituted", not "replaced". After all, "nature hates the void"; so even if a villain is reformed, a bigger villain could take the left place.
Yes, I know Adrenna Lynn was a lame villain, but who said she couldn't be improved? Do you remember when Drakken's embarrassing hechmen were improved with HechCo muscle's rings? Well, how about if Adrenna Lynn improved herself with some similar tech too. How about if the "Attitudinator" turns her into a way more competent and dangerous villain? Just remember how it turned Ron into Zorpox, and how it almost reformed both Shego and Drakken.

Dudley

Staff member
I rather have a special instead. They’d have to do a reboot, or at the very least make a sequel series in the future focusing on Kim and Ron’s children.
Why would kids want to watch a series where old teens are in college? They’re practically adults at that point getting into adult situations that kids don’t want to see, and in several cases SHOULDN’T see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShadowBeast

1º) Thanks for explaining the meaning of "OP".
You're welcome.

2º) Nobody said at any moment that Ron could control his Mystical Monkey Powers; at least, not entirely. Besides, having the power doesn't mean you can always rely on it. It was necessary to see Kim's life in danger for Ron to access them when he really needed them. After that, it doesn't mean he has full control. Besides, remember that Monkey Fist got the same powers; and yet, curiously, he never shown to be as powerful as Ron here. Maybe he needs his own motivation. And don't forget how ridiculously powerful was the Yono too. Ron could have a match in him.
His conversation with Master Sensei says otherwise. Ron acted like he already knew about the power and when Sensei told him to use it, Ron used it. There was no trigger, Ron used it on his own. That implies that he's mastered it.
As for Monkey Fist, I have no idea what the deal is with him. Maybe Ron's power was more of a destiny thing, while Monkey Fist just had regular mystical monkey powers.

I said "sustituted", not "replaced". After all, "nature hates the void"; so even if a villain is reformed, a bigger villain could take the left place.
And what do you expect to happen with Drakken and Shego? They're too popular to be rid of.

Yes, I know Adrenna Lynn was a lame villain, but who said she couldn't be improved? Do you remember when Drakken's embarrassing hechmen were improved with HechCo muscle's rings? Well, how about if Adrenna Lynn improved herself with some similar tech too. How about if the "Attitudinator" turns her into a way more competent and dangerous villain? Just remember how it turned Ron into Zorpox, and how it almost reformed both Shego and Drakken.
Yes, but Adrenna Lynn would need to be improved by the writers themselves. I still highly doubt the writers would use her again since she's pretty forgettable.

Erased Paper

Adrenna Lynn was supposedly suppose to have been a regular villain, but viewers didn't like her, hence why she never made a second major appearance.
That's not the reason.

I don't see why you hated "Graduation". It was really epic for me.
Out of character-ness with Drakken and Shego, among other things.

Last edited:

Roxas_Sora

As for Monkey Fist, I have no idea what the deal is with him. Maybe Ron's power was more of a destiny thing, while Monkey Fist just had regular mystical monkey powers.

Well, destiny could have a little role after all. I mean, Ron could be Warmonga's "Great Blue", as he was covered by Blue Mystical Monkey Power. He also was blue as Zorpox (although I don't know if that was for absorbing Drakken's evil). And the Monkey Prophecy said that after following him to the stars, the leader of the monkeys would be Ron Stoppable. I always wanted to see Ron truly as the leader of the Monkey Ninjas.

And what do you expect to happen with Drakken and Shego? They're too popular to be rid of.

I never said they should get rid of Drakken and Shego. I mean, Drakken seemed disappointed for being awarded after saving the world; but he would really have to be as idiot as an amoeba to waste the chance to start all over again.

First of all, Drakken and Shego could start a relationship. Shego could return with her brothers as member of Team Go, and with Drakken's help, she could help her to make them more competent. (With Drakken's experience, he could teach them what to do and what not to do against a villain). Also, Kim and Shego could turn friends again after all. It was really sad to me when Shego burned the pictures of Kim and her as friends in "Stop Team Go".

Drakken and Shego could appear less frequently, but along with Team Go, they could work alongside Kim and Ron in certain missions. Especially if they have to deal with more dangerous aliens like Warhok and Warmonga. Team Go's powers would be useful in these cases.

ShadowBeast

That's not the reason.
Then what was the reason? Don't just tell me that something isn't true without backing it up.

Well, destiny could have a little role after all. I mean, Ron could be Warmonga's "Great Blue", as he was covered by Blue Mystical Monkey Power. He also was blue as Zorpox (although I don't know if that was for absorbing Drakken's evil). And the Monkey Prophecy said that after following him to the stars, the leader of the monkeys would be Ron Stoppable. I always wanted to see Ron truly as the leader of the Monkey Ninjas.
Sounds more like destiny had a big role.

First of all, Drakken and Shego could start a relationship. Shego could return with her brothers as member of Team Go, and with Drakken's help, she could help her to make them more competent. (With Drakken's experience, he could teach them what to do and what not to do against a villain). Also, Kim and Shego could turn friends again after all. It was really sad to me when Shego burned the pictures of Kim and her as friends in "Stop Team Go".
The idea of Drakken and Shego forming a relationship itself sounds bad. It feels out of character. Plus the show would still be called Kim Possible, so such focus on Drakken and Shego wouldn't happen as it would take away from the main duo.

Drakken and Shego could appear less frequently, but along with Team Go, they could work alongside Kim and Ron in certain missions. Especially if they have to deal with more dangerous aliens like Warhok and Warmonga. Team Go's powers would be useful in these cases.
That's the issue though. Since Drakken and Shego would be reformed, they would be shown less. Possible a lot less.

VHSTrader234

PM me to trade VHS tapes. KidsWB, CN, FoxBox
+ Kim and Ron's relationship: This is one of the main reasons because I don't want a reboot. Starting the whole drama all over again would be lame. It should start at a sooner moment in a reboot, so I would prefer to see the continuation of their story in college.

This would be cool but it's supposed to be a show for kids so unfortunately it probably won't happen. I'd like to see a lot of cartoon characters in college. Like a very goofy movie but a series.

I can't see the series continuing since Ron was made OP
Oh yea I forgot that happened. They kind of wrapped things up. A reboot could only exist in a different universe.

Last edited:

Light Lucario

Staff member
Aren't Schooley and McCorkle still busy with BH6?

That's one reason why I think a special would probably be easier to manage. I don't know if they could work on Big Hero 6 and another project at the same time, but a special wouldn't require as much time and energy as rebooting Kim Possible while they're still working on a currently running series.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts