• Cartoon Network

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Disney

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Universal Kids

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

sasq

Given the constant delays and the disastrous Netflix release failure. should Viacom consider transferring the trademark and master tapes of Pinky Malinky to another company?

I know selling a Nicktoon sounds weird, but this series could have an advantage that others don't have: a search on the copyright catalog of the U.S. does not yeld any results despite even the unreleased episodes of Welcome to the Wayne being copyrighted, meaning that the show could possibly be uncopyrighted.

This is all speculation since we don't have any official source about Pinky Malinky's copyright status, but if the show is indeed uncopyrighted, do you think the weiner could have another chance on a different network?

glennbyrnes

Well, they did sell Doug to Disney, but I don't see who would want to buy Pinky Malinky. I heard that it is terrible.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Well, they did sell Doug to Disney, but I don't see who would want to buy Pinky Malinky. I heard that it is terrible.
We don't know yet if Pinky will be terrible, since we haven't seen the episodes of the full series yet.

ToonJay723

Staff member
Actually Jim Jenkins owned the rights to Doug and he was allowed to sell it to another studio since Nick only produced 52 of the promised 65 episodes.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
I know this is late and it's already been released, but CN did make the Pinky Malinky pilot. If anyone were to buy it, it would be them.

I don't know why you added Universal Kids, or who voted for them.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts