"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLemsterPju

You're right, it was "Kevin"'s death that Gwen is framed for. It took me a while to find that mentioned somewhere.

Frontier

Staff member
Wasn't there a note somewhere that Kevin looked like Patriot? If that turns out true, I think he might just have been Kevin. I had been wondering about the status of Spidey in this world though. They haven't mentioned him at all.
Some of the write-ups of the SDCC panel said he was a dead-ringer for Peter.

It would be kind of hilarious if there's a flashback and he's voiced by Robbie Daymond :p.

I know they've mentioned that Patriot idolizes Cap, so I'm curious if any other major heroes might show up in this.
The animation is definitely what's important to me but the merch justifies its existence financially. I wonder if there will be more than dolls and comics.
Altogether, I'm kind of surprised this isn't leading into a full-blown cartoon so far (vs. the upcoming DC Super Hero Girls reboot) :(.

SweetShop209

Altogether, I'm kind of surprised this isn't leading into a full-blown cartoon so far (vs. the upcoming DC Super Hero Girls reboot) :(.
Maybe if the movie does well in ratings, and the merchandise sells, it could lead to a full blown show.

On a different note, and I know I'm late when saying this, but I am somewhat surprised that this movie is airing on Disney XD. It has elements of tween girl shows that can fit right in on Disney Channel.

Frontier

Staff member
Another featurette was released. This time, for Squirrel Girl.
This kind of reminds me of the Vixen series on CWSeed where the actress cast in a major comic book role makes their debut in animation before they actually get to play the character in live-action :p.
On a different note, and I know I'm late when saying this, but I am somewhat surprised that this movie is airing on Disney XD. It has elements of tween girl shows that can fit right in on Disney Channel.
So far it seems like Disney XD is still home to all the Marvel cartoons.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Maybe if the movie does well in ratings, and the merchandise sells, it could lead to a full blown show.

I might be wrong but I believe I saw the Initiation shorts listed for XD while the Secret Warriors movie was listed for Disney Channel. Who knows if that will actually be the case but it would be a shame if Marvel Rising doesn't make it to the main Disney Channel audience.

*Update*

The AV Club gave the shorts a B-.
https://tv.avclub.com/the-animated-marvel-rising-initiation-may-be-for-kids-1828134732

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They officially put the SDCC panel up.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I thought this was pretty cool - Marvel Entertainment Partners with Young Storytellers For the Brand-New Animated Project Marvel Rising.

Marvel and the Young Storytellers group are offering middle school students the chance to write scripts featuring the Marvel Rising characters, which will be then performed by some of the cast and available online in the Fall.

The article also mentions the "Initiation" animated shorts will be released online on Marvel HQ on August 14th (a day after they premiere on TV), and the movie premiering in the Fall is 80 minutes long.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Marvel and the Young Storytellers group are offering middle school students the chance to write scripts featuring the Marvel Rising characters, which will be then performed by some of the cast and available online in the Fall.
That does sound cool! Looking forward to seeing what they come up with :).
80 minutes seems about right for the length of a Direct to video movie.

For reference, most Marvel and DC Animated Features are around 75-80 minutes ;).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Marvel released a new short Teaser. They do mention the movie will air on Disney Channel.

Also, from Zap2It, here are log-lines for each of the "Initiation" shorts.

Mission: Ghost Hunter
While pursuing the criminal responsible for her best friend's death, Ghost-Spider is mistakenly accused of the crime by both SHIELD and the NYPD.
Floor Toms Spider Webs
As Ghost-Spider deals with the loss of her friend, she continues hunting for the culprit while also trying to keep up appearances with her friends and bandmates.
BFHF
Best friends, Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl, join forces to apprehend an alleged super-hero-turned-vigilante: Ghost-Spider.
Two on One
Finally confronting Ghost-Spider, Squirrel Girl and Ms. Marvel discover that there's more to this villain than meets the eye.
The Stories They Tell
Ghost-Spider finally gets the chance to tell her side of the story when she's captured by Squirrel Girl and Ms. Marvel.
The Secrets We Keep
Ghost-Spider's run from the law finally ends when she's caught by SHIELD agents Patriot and Quake, but everything changes when her true identity is revealed.

Frontier

Staff member
Marvel released a new short Teaser. They do mention the movie will air on Disney Channel.

Also, from Zap2It, here are log-lines for each of the "Initiation" shorts.
Ah, our first Marvel product on Disney Channel. Interesting...

Being mistaken for a murderer and hunted by the police? That's the Spider-Luck for you ;).

It'll be nice to see more of Gwen's civilian life :).

I kinda assumed Quake and Patriot had already figured out her identity by the time they catch her, but it sounds like it happens afterwards here :eek:.

SweetShop209

If they're going to air the movie first on Disney Channel, then why not also air the shorts first on Disney Channel?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
If they're going to air the movie first on Disney Channel, then why not also air the shorts first on Disney Channel?
They will probably wait until right before the movie to start airing the shorts on Disney Channel. We will see. I don't imagine that they won't eventually air there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts