"Batman: Hush" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Release Date: July 20 (Digital), August 13 (4K, Blu-ray, Combo)

A "Batman: Hush" animated movie was announced for Summer 2019 at the San Diego Comic-Con.
The third movie for 2019, Batman: Hush will release in summer, and will follow the two-part Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen as the latest animated movie based on an acclaimed DC comic storyline. While this year’s Batman: Gotham by Gaslight was arguably the last Batman-centered DC Universe Movie, it’s an “Elseworlds” tale featuring a Victorian Era Dark Knight. Hush will find the series returning to the present day and set in a much more familiar Gotham City. The comic storyline featured popular Bat baddies like Poison Ivy, Ra’s al Ghul and the Joker, but it’s also well known for introducing the villain it’s named after—the bandage-faced Hush. While a child version of the character has made a couple of appearances on Gotham and Hush has appeared in video games like the Arkham and LEGO Batman titles, he’s never before appeared in a DC Universe Movie.
Source: DC Comics Blog

Stay tuned for further updates!
Comments?

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
That's another major Batman comic we can cross of the list ;).

Although seriously, I think it's cool that we're finally getting a proper adaption of Hush, since one was planned for The Batman and we've had VA's like Kevin Conroy show an interest in being part of an adaption for it :).

Although I wouldn't rule this out of being in-continuity considering what DC did with Death of Superman, and this movie would allow the return of the animated movie Batfamily and more screentime and focus for the Rogues Gallery of this continuity...

But all the same I'm expecting a fun movie of Batman going through a gauntlet of his deadliest enemies as he tries to unravel the latest mystery Supervillain to plague him :cool:.

And it would also be awesome if we got another movie with Catwoman in a major role again :D.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Come to think of it, Hush did appear in a DC Universe animated movie before (Batman Unlimited), just not one of their "main" entries.

Dreyfus

Should be fun, certainly action-packed. I wonder how they will introduce the character and his history with Bruce Wayne. And how they'll fit in all those villain appearances effectively.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Can I be selfish and say I definitely want Kevin Conroy for this one? You can't help but hear his voice when reading the comic.

It'll be tough to reduce the story into an 80 minute timeframe, but hopefully they make it work.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm curious to see, if this is standalone, whether the Batfamily will play a major role in this movie since the 2000-era Batfamily all made appearances in Hush :ack:.

Although for the sake of the story I could see them really condensing things, maybe to just only Catwoman.

Otaku-sempai

Someone who knew Bruce when they were both children grows up to be a foe. How many characters does that describe now (just staying within the comics)?
- Roman Sionis/Black Mask
- Tommy Elliot/Hush

Is there any one I'm forgetting? I would almost count Wrath, as he and Bruce did live similar yet contrasting lives, even losing their parents to violence on the exact same day. Prometheus was given a backstory that was far too similar.

Spider-Man

I wonder how this will work given how episodic the story is. I assume it'll be heavy streamlined to focus mostly on Hush and likely leave out some of the villains. I could see them dump Ra's for example. I hope they give this movie a standalone design. If they approach it like Under the Red Hood I think it has a chance of being a really standout movie and a huge seller for WB. I don't think it would work as good as if it was part of the New 52 continuity.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Agreed... the real draw of this story was Jim Lee's dynamic artwork. It would be a shame for them to not at least try to adapt it (even a streamlined version).

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
It would be cool if they get a Batman voice actor to voice Hush, like Conroy (if he's not voicing Bruce in this one), Rino Romano, Anthony Ruivivar, Bruce Greenwood, etc.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Conroy was good as HUSH in the Arkham games (A little hammy, but still quite sinister sounding), however I think they'd likely want a ''name actor'' for the main bad guy.

Anthony Ruivivar would do a great job. Perhaps even Ben McKenzie who would be great at doing that broken whisper sound, filled with anger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts