DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmaHalJordan

This weekend we will know the new titles! What anxiety!
With only two films that we have yet to know (one is the Reign of the Supermen) it would be a disappointment if a movie were from Batman.
I would love that the next 2 are:
Green Lantern: Emerald Twilight and Justice League: Zero Hour Crisis in Time

maybe a movie with Shazam ... Underworld?

or Titans Who is Donna Troy?

beyond94

With #Batwoman set to make her live action appearance in the CW DC Berlanti crossover and her new series begin in 2019, I think that #WBAniimation#JamesTucker #SamLiu and #JayOliva should develop another a PG-13 Batwoman animated adventure with #YvonneStrahovski reprising her voice role from #BatmanBadBlood and could possibly team with the Justice League and #ZacharyLevi not only play #Shazam on the silver screen but also voice the animated character replacing Sean Astin in a future #New52 animated story for next year

Attachments

• DgZ5-Z2VAAAU1P0.jpg
    DgZ5-Z2VAAAU1P0.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 42
  • BatmanBadBlood_Review_06.jpg
    BatmanBadBlood_Review_06.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Shazam.png
    Shazam.png
    492.5 KB · Views: 45

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
With it being Batman's 80th anniversary next year, it's not unreasonable to expect another solo venture in celebration. I could see them having something like HUSH in mind, even if it is with O'Mara.

I'd like to see Red Son, but if they were waiting on the performance of Gotham by Gaslight (which thankfully did very well), it might take a while

Frankly, considering how strong the line has been this year, I'm up for anything.

Otaku-sempai

Yes, Batman's eightieth anniversary certainly has to be taken into account. Maybe there should be a movie based on one of Batman's Golden Age cases.

Lord Sidious

Please no more Batman.

I didn't even, for the first time, buy the Gaslight and Harley movies.

More JL after the Reign of Supermen. Or if you want to get your Batman fix, make him team up with Supes or another one of the World's Greatest Superheroes.

Otaku-sempai

I can't really blame you. The animated movie of Gotham by Gaslight was an interesting alternate take on the story, but not better than the original (too many of the changes were not well thought-out or were too extreme for my taste). Even so, the original story was too short and needed some expansion in order to be adapted. Batman and Harley Quinn was -- unique and eclectic. I'll leave it at that.

EmaHalJordan

From the beginning of the line I bought all the movies but since 2017 I made the decision not to buy more of Batman as a protest.
When this line was born it was the opportunity to see other heroes like Hawkman Atom the Titans Aquaman Wonder Woman the New Gods all having their films to shine and unfortunately we ended up seeing too much Batman the last years.
I wish we had a nice variety this year, as I said before Emerald Twilight and Zero Hour would be excellent options.
I would also like Who is Donna Troy, Crisis on Infinite Earths, DC Rebirth, Justice, Identity Crisis, Blackest Night, Legends, Sinestro Corps War, Batgirl Year One, Aquaman American tidal

the greenman

With it being Batman's 80th anniversary next year, it's not unreasonable to expect another solo venture in celebration. I could see them having something like HUSH in mind, even if it is with O'Mara.

I'd like to see Red Son, but if they were waiting on the performance of Gotham by Gaslight (which thankfully did very well), it might take a while

Frankly, considering how strong the line has been this year, I'm up for anything.
I was hoping for "The Long Halloween" for next year. Maybe as another 2-parter.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Batman sells (for the most part)... the sales for those DTV's is probably half the reason the line is still going.

As for ''The Long Halloween'' I just hope they don't do to it what they did to ''The Death of Superman''. As in, fitting it into their continuity movies with O'Mara.

Have it be a two parter or a 12/13 episode miniseries on DC Universe or CW Seed.

Dallas Kinard

Batman sells (for the most part)... the sales for those DTV's is probably half the reason the line is still going.

As for ''The Long Halloween'' I just hope they don't do to it what they did to ''The Death of Superman''. As in, fitting it into their continuity movies with O'Mara.

Have it be a two parter or a 12/13 episode miniseries on DC Universe or CW Seed.

I'm just not feeling this New 52 universe. I really want to go back to the 2007-2012 era where it was simpler and much more appealing.

Frontier

Staff member
I don't see how they could even do an in-continuity The Long Halloween adaption since Harvey Dent is already Two-Face :sweat:.

Really, the only thing I can see them going for with "The Long Halloween" is a villain gauntlet to showcase Batman fighting his Rogues Gallery, although there are different stories they could adapt if that was their intention...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I don't see how they could even do an in-continuity The Long Halloween adaption since Harvey Dent is already Two-Face :sweat:.
Plus, not that I'm saying Tucker is low on the totem pole but it seems like a kind of story Bruce Timm might call dibs on first. But I agree, it's better suited as a mini-series on DCUSS. I think Knightfall has a better chance of being adapted into Tucker's ongoing movie canon.

Frontier

Staff member
Plus, not that I'm saying Tucker is low on the totem pole but it seems like a kind of story Bruce Timm might call dibs on first. But I agree, it's better suited as a mini-series on DCUSS. I think Knightfall has a better chance of being adapted into Tucker's ongoing movie canon.
Man, a proper Knightfall adaption would be interesting, if only because it would be an entirely different beast from the Death of Superman storyline.

Especially if it was set in-continuity.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Man, a proper Knightfall adaption would be interesting, if only because it would be an entirely different beast from the Death of Superman storyline.

Especially if it was set in-continuity.
Yeah, the difference I could see them doing is setting Azazel as a vigilante who rises in the wake of events to claim the mantle and is at odds with the Bat Family (he's not a part of the team at all). Maybe even have a stunner of Damian siding with Azazel in the end. Then Part 2 would be Bruce rehabilitating with Lady Shiva, Azazel losing control, and the showdown.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider

Really, the only thing I can see them going for with "The Long Halloween" is a villain gauntlet to showcase Batman fighting his Rogues Gallery, although there are different stories they could adapt if that was their intention...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that little cameo in Son of Batman. Dodged a bullet there then...

And on Yojimbo's point, 'Knightfall' definitely makes more sense for the continuity movies. It would be the perfect two part match up with 'The Death of Superman'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts