DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmaHalJordan

J.M. DeMatteis had a story meeting on a May 11 about a new animation project. Seemed excited about it then got shushed by PR. heh.
I wish it were a film of the Justice League International! Out of continuity.
And in continuity: The Reign of the Supermen and a Titans "Who is Donna Troy?"

Last edited:

Otaku-sempai

I wish it were a film of the Justice League International! Out of continuity.
And in continuity: Reign of Superman and a Titans "Who is Donna Troy?"
Is Reign of Superman different and distinct from The Reign of the Supermen, which we will get next year?

Speaking of stand-alone movies, what about one for Mike Grell's Warlord?

the greenman

I don't think it's likely we'll see them do an animated standalone film for anything too obscure.
With the DC UNIVERSE service, it opens up possibilities for what can be made. I just think that's something you'd have to shoot a tweet or pull the ear at a con of a producer. I'm still waiting for (non DC) Grendel or Elf Quest film adaptations.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

beyond94

I wonder when WB Animation does another #TeenTitans New 52 animated movie in their shared DC Universe franchise i hope that their main antagonist will be Starfire's sister #Blackfire for an original story. The casting by voice director Wes Gleason would be truly golden if he were to cast actress #VeraFarmiga to voice Blackfire. Since her younger sister #TaissaFarmiga is Raven this would be special having the two sisters work together doing separate voice roles. I like to see it unfold for their next movie

Attachments

• 41cc4e87bc6d39c68b7cb2531a30281b.jpg
    41cc4e87bc6d39c68b7cb2531a30281b.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 54

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'm pretty sure if Blackfire appeared, they'd just get Kari Wahlgren (Starfire) to voice her, much like how Hynden Walch voices both of them.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, depending on how big of a role Blackfire would play in the movie, I could see them doing some more stunt casting and bringing in someone new to do the voice (similar to how Lex Luthor was re-cast for Death of Superman).

Otaku-sempai

Reign of the Supermen is known to be coming in early 2019.

Superman: Red Son seems like a good bet.

For The DC Universe streaming service, Young Justice: Outsiders should appear in early 2019, with the Harley Quinn series some time later.

I haven't seen much yet about any DC Lego projects, DC Super Hero Girls movies for 2019 or other stand-alone projects.

Frontier

Staff member
With all the teases to Superman: Red Son, I think it's likely to be announced as next year's Elseworlds film.

I think the bigger question is what the next in-continuity movie after Reign of the Supermen will be. Another Titans film? Something else?

I kinda feel like we're due a new Wonder Woman film.

dmxx116

I they announced another movie in Bruce Timm's designs I don't care which superhero he choose to do at SDCC.

Frontier

Staff member
Actually, depending on how faithful Reign of the Supermen is to the original story, I'm curious if the next in-continuity film will be a Green Lantern movie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.

Featured Posts