"Big Hero 6: The Series" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Via Zap2It, here are some upcoming episode titles, air-dates and descriptions. For "Mr. Sparkles Loses His Sparkle" I corrected the air date myself, the one listed on their site is from an older international airing.

Mr. Sparkles Loses His Sparkle 7/14/2018
Killer App 7/21/2018
Wasabi's need for order clashes with Hiro's chaotic work style when they collaborate on a school project.
Small Hiro One 7/28/2018
Hiro becomes frustrated when he is deemed too young to attend a science workshop hosted by SFIT's most famous alumnus, Dr. Trevor Trengrove.
Kentucky Kaiju 8/04/2018
Hiro decides to upgrade himself with super strength, but his new tech backfires and causes problems at home and at school.
Rivalry Weak 8/11/2018
Fan Friction 8/18/2018
Mini-Max 8/25/2018

Frontier

Staff member
Via Zap2It, here are some upcoming episode titles, air-dates and descriptions. For "Mr. Sparkles Loses His Sparkle" I corrected the air date myself, the one listed on their site is from an older international airing.

Killer App 7/21/2018
It'll be nice to finally have a Wasabi-focused episode :).
Small Hiro One 7/28/2018
Ah, once again Hiro jumping grades backfires :sweat:.
Kentucky Kaiju 8/04/2018
I wonder if the villain is a Kaiju of some sort (created by Obake)? Or maybe Hiro's super-strenght tech really goes haywire :eek:!
Rivalry Weak 8/11/2018
I'm guessing this probably means we'll see Hiro and Karmi's rivalry brought back to the forefront (or maybe even Fred's rivalry with his fellow comic geek) ;).
Fan Friction 8/18/2018
Hmm...maybe a Big Hero 6 fan turns into a villain that attacks the team? Or there's friction with the team over their fans :ack:?
Mini-Max 8/25/2018
Baymax shrinks? Or maybe gets transferred to a smaller body? I can already see the humor :p.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
The only thing that sucks is that they're all playing in the morning, and I usually sleep in when the episodes premiere, which is why I've been way behind on both this series and DuckTales... :(

TheLemsterPju

Again, am I the only one who notices they are borrowing a lot of archetypes from several Marvel's villains?

High-Voltage = Bombshell
Mad Jacks = Wild Pack
Baron von Steamer = Baron von Strucker
Dr. Trevor Trengrove = Dr. Spencer Smythe
Momakase = no similar name pattern, but more of a combination between Silver Sable and Black Cat (but also a chef)
Mel Meyer = He has a very similar backstory to the Iron Man villain Ghost
Mr. Sparkles = basically Arcade

Even some of the non-antagonist characters like Alistar Krei is basically the Tony Stark of this universe, minus the armor.

ShadowBeast

Momakase = no similar name pattern, but more of a combination between Silver Sable and Black Cat (but also a chef)

Even some of the non-antagonist characters like Alistar Krei is basically the Tony Stark of this universe, minus the armor.
These are kind of a reach.
Momakase- There are a lot of female characters who are professional mercenaries/assassins. Not just Black Cat and Silver Sable. Infact Momakase is more like Batman Beyond's curare with the blades that can cut through anything.

Mel Meyer- Again there are other characters who have been turned villain by being screwed over by a company or their bosses. Humorously, Scrooge prevented two characters from turning villains in "The Great Dime Chase!".

These two above just have a common theme.

Alistar Krei- The only thing Alistar Krei has in common with Tony is being like Tony's former self before becoming Iron-Man and that he's rich with a company. Alistar Krei's only interest is to only help himself and has even blackmailed Big Hero 6.

Frontier

Staff member
It's so funny how much this interview reminds me of the early interviews for the Marvel's Spider-Man and how they talked about science and implementing it on the show :p.
Again, am I the only one who notices they are borrowing a lot of archetypes from several Marvel's villains?

High-Voltage = Bombshell
Mad Jacks = Wild Pack

There are a lot of common characteristics and archetypes in Superhero fiction, and this extends from the Big Two to other Superhero cartoons in general.

Mr.O

High-Voltage = Bombshell
Mad Jacks = Wild Pack

I'll definitely give you High Voltage. My mind went strait to the Bombshell duo the moment they appeared.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Entertainment Weekly has clips from Comic-Con.

Mini-Max
You love Baymax! You love his big inflatable body, and his big inflatable heart, and his big inflatable animated charisma! But your love may be challenged by a smaller, peppier, and potentially even cuter inflatable health robot. Yeah, we said it. Meet Mini-Max.
The cast and creators of Disney Channel’s Big Hero 6: The Series unveiled the scrappy new addition to the superhero team during the gang’s first-ever panel at San Diego Comic-Con. During Saturday’s panel, executive producers Mark McCorkle, Bob Schooley, and Nick Filippi introduced the unexpected new character in a clip that, heroically, EW is also bringing right to you.
The small but mighty Mini-Max is a tiny robot whom Hiro (Ryan Potter) invents as a companion to both supervise and be a sidekick to Fred (Brooks Whelan) while the rest of the Big Hero 6 team is busy in class.
Played by the golden-voiced John Michael Higgins (Pitch Perfect), the sure-to-be-scene-stealer Mini-Max will make his debut in the Saturday, Aug. 25 episode (titled “Mini-Max”!).

Fan Friction
The buzzy Comic-Con introductions didn’t stop with Mini-Max, though. While on the panel, Big Hero 6: The Series‘ producers also gave fans a juicy tease at an upcoming episode featuring the beloved team reimagined in hyper-adorable chibi style. Tumblr, get ready.
If it sounds like fan fiction, that’s because it is, sort of. The BH6 team gets a chibi makeover when Karmi (Haley Tju) begins writing dreamy Hiro-centric fan fiction, but her imagination winds up coming in handy when she gets kidnapped by the villain Momokase. The episode, “Fan Friction,” airs August 18.

Korra_Fan

The upcoming "Small Hiro One" (which has aired overseas) already made me like Karmi more, and this just furthers that. Girl is a freak, but in the best possible way.

Mr.O

That fan fic was adorable. Both the animation and Karmi's narration. Does anyone with fanfic knowledge know if they are usually this overt, or are they typically more subtle with the romance? Realistically, how often would people read a fanfic about they're favorite superhero being in love with the author?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The August Highlights have details about only one of the episodes premiering next month:

Saturday, August 25

Original Series - Episode Premiere on Disney Channel
Big Hero 6 The Series "Mini-Max"
(9:00 - 9:30 A.M. EDT)
Hiro invents a tiny robot, Mini-Max, to supervise and be a SIDEKICK to Fred while the rest of the team is in class.
*John Michael Higgins ("Pitch Perfect") guest stars as Mini-Max and James Cromwell ("The Young Pope") reprises his role as Professor Callaghan.
TV-Y7 FV

Mr.O

The August Highlights have details about only one of the episodes premiering next month:

Saturday, August 25

Original Series - Episode Premiere on Disney Channel
Big Hero 6 The Series "Mini-Max"
(9:00 - 9:30 A.M. EDT)
Hiro invents a tiny robot, Mini-Max, to supervise and be a SIDEKICK to Fred while the rest of the team is in class.
*John Michael Higgins ("Pitch Perfect") guest stars as Mini-Max and James Cromwell ("The Young Pope") reprises his role as Professor Callaghan.
TV-Y7 FV
Callaghan? I wonder if this will be a flashback.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A log-line for "Rivalry Weak" (airing 8/11) is now up on Zap2It
Honey Lemon secretly takes art classes at SFIT's rival, SFAI, and soon finds herself caught in the middle of both schools' annual Rivalry Week tradition of pranking each other.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
August 9th:

This is cool!

August 10th:
Starting in September, Big Hero 6 premieres are still on Saturday mornings on Disney Channel, but at 7:00 am instead of 9:00 am.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts