"Wonder Park" Pre-Release News & Discussion

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Wonder Park is an upcoming feature film set for release on March 15, 2019, and a show based on the movie will premiere on Nick later in 2019. The movie is about a girl named June, who, with her animal friends, tries to reconstruct an abandoned amusement park and bring it back to life. Paramount released a teaser today.

Vaughn Max

Wonder Park is an upcoming feature film set for release on March 15, 2019, and a show based on the movie will premiere on Nick later in 2019. The movie is about a girl named June, who, with her animal friends, tries to reconstruct an abandoned amusement park and bring it back to life. Paramount released a teaser today.
This doesn't look that interesting to me, but I'll probably watch the film and maybe an episode or two to see if my opinion changes

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Troy Troodon

Trailer doesn't really offer a whole lot, we don't really know what the film is suppose to be about or who these characters are, but the animation looks nice.

90'sKid

Ain't it a bit early to have a show based on it? I mean this movie could flop hard and then what?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

DeanBurrito25

Wow...Nick hasn't made an original animated feature since what, Jimmy Neutron? Barnyard?

The animal designs look kinda generic (especially the porcupine who gives me Open Season vibes) and the animation has a slightly outdated quality to it but the movie looks like it could be a winner if it plays its cards right.

Mandouga

(sigh) I was interested until I saw the PG rating...

I will however say that I do hope it's the genuine article. After all, there's a reason why the trope is called "Never Trust a Trailer"...

In any case, as it stands, I think we have another movie that's been given the wrong rating (IMO)...

ToonJay723

Staff member
It has an MPAA rating, so this film must be done or close to done. Wonder why they're waiting until March to release it?

Ain't it a bit early to have a show based on it? I mean this movie could flop hard and then what?

It's a somewhat common practice to develop TV shows based on a movie currently in production. Nickelodeon's done it before with Jimmy Neutron and Barnyard. Disney did it in the past with Hercules, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and Lilo & Stitch. And DreamWorks have been doing it recently with Turbo, Trolls, and Boss Baby.

If the film flops, they'll either try to make the TV show stand on it's own, or try to get Netflix is pick it up so they can recoup the costs for making the show.

Wow...Nick hasn't made an original animated feature since what, Jimmy Neutron? Barnyard?
They made Rango in 2011.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
After seeing the entire trailer, it had some amazing effects, but it felt more like a Disney film than any film made by Paramount period.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
I don't think the trailer looks that bad (although I certainly hate that song they used). In fact, I find the concept alone to be interesting, especially for someone that likes amuesment parks. I also think the background designs look stunning.

However, I do have some doubts about this. I agree with others that the character designs look a bit generic. I also don't like the fact that there are talking animals in this, as I don't see an obvious reason for them to be here. Every children's film doesn't need cute, talking animals! Plus, the film itself has gone through some production issues, like firing the director in January of this year...

I'm praying that this will be good, but I'm just not sure.

Exactly. Jimmy Neutron was a hit, but I don't remember Back at the Barnyard being huge. It's a gamble Nickelodeon has apparently decided to take.

90'sKid

I don't think the trailer looks that bad (although I certainly hate that song they used). In fact, I find the concept alone to be interesting, especially for someone that likes amuesment parks. I also think the background designs look stunning.

However, I do have some doubts about this. I agree with others that the character designs look a bit generic. I also don't like the fact that there are talking animals in this, as I don't see an obvious reason for them to be here. Every children's film doesn't need cute, talking animals! Plus, the film itself has gone through some production issues, like firing the director in January of this year...

I'm praying that this will be good, but I'm just not sure.

Exactly. Jimmy Neutron was a hit, but I don't remember Back at the Barnyard being huge. It's a gamble Nickelodeon has apparently decided to take.
And don't forget, Jimmy. Neutron was meant to be a series originally before Nick liked it so much they decided to start it as a movie. So they where already willing to take that chance, Barnyard was mostly just seen as "average" and the series was one long "WTF" moment imo.

Making a gamble that this movie will do well enough that it warrants a series is a big risk for Nick, but I guess with the popularity of their current crop of shows they are feeling a little cocky? I mean the Loud House has been a huge hit (aside from a few bumbs) and they have been milking The Sponge for almost 20 years, I guess they feel it's a chance worth taking?

But turning to the movie itself, it just seems "average" to me, it will prolly come and go, maybe get a low-quality direct-to-dvd sequel. But to be honest, I'm sick of CGI animated movies.

Dudley

Staff member
Got a lot of whimsy, but in terms of substance it doesn’t seem like much. Maybe a second trailer will offer more in terms of story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anti-Hero 69

After seeing the entire trailer, it had some amazing effects, but it felt more like a Disney film than any film made by Paramount period.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

You gotta copy what makes the money, tho, since disney may or may not end up controlling half the box office.

I find it interesting how Nickelodeon isn't even credited in the trailer.

Mod Note: Double Post merged, please edit your reply if you have more to say when no one has responded.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dudley

Staff member
I see why it doesn’t look like something David Feiss would make; he’s a replacement director. Meaning he’s basically there to finish up someone else’s work, and was probably too late to add his brand of humor. A shame.

Dudley

Staff member
Looks like they got their own version of the Minions in this.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I’m definitely going to watch this movie. I’ve liked amusement parks since I was a kid and I used to play a lot of Rollercoaster Tycoon. The show is the only upcoming Nick show I’m interested in but I might wait on it. It’ll depend on how good it is compared to the movie and how Nick will treat the series. After all the Harvey Beaks debacle is still very fresh in my memory. If its good enough and doesn’t get screwed over I might finally watch this channel again.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts