"DC Super Hero Girls" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

SuperME

I'm excited for the new show. it's probably going to be a little more mature and i like that. But I think they should rebrand the old line as Superhero High and keep doing the graphic novels and stuff

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
Just a little heads up, both Hero of the Year & Intergalactic Games are now on Netflix.

Happy hunting!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
There will a second panel with Monica Kubina and Agnes Garbowska participating, DC For Young Readers
DC is excited to share advance information on DC Super Hero Girls graphic novels and DC Ink and DC Zoom, the new imprints for young readers. Top talent, Art Baltazar and Franco, Agnes Garbowska, Monica Kubina, and Dustin Nguyen give you a glimpse into their projects and spill secrets on things to come.

And it's cool that the Super Hero High TV Special will finally be released as a special feature on the Legends of Atlantis DVD.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The Legends of Atlantis movie will premiere at Comic-Con on Sunday July 22nd between 12:15pm - 1:30pm. Interestingly enough, they also mention new release dates for the movie - August 21st for Digital, September 18th for the DVD.
The girls of Super Hero High take a deep dive in their latest adventure as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment brings the World Premiere of DC Super Hero Girls: Legends of Atlantis to Comic-Con International. In this all-new entry to the worldwide DC Super Hero Girls franchise phenomenon, the young super heroes must venture to Atlantis when the powerful Book of Legends is suddenly stolen from Super Hero High. Once there, Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Supergirl, Bumblebee, and the rest of the Super Crew must contend with the formidable Mera and Siren, the ocean-dwelling thieves. In order to recover the stolen tome and return it to its rightful place, the Super Hero Girls must band together and use their collective powers to successfully get back to land . . . and back to class! Grey Griffin (Velma in the Scooby-Doo franchise), voice of Wonder Woman, will give a special introduction to the film. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, DC Entertainment, and the LEGO Group, DC Super Hero Girls: Legends of Atlantis will be distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment August 21 on digital, and September 18 on DVD.

SuperME

Looks like the old DC Superhero Girls Will stick around as a series of Dtop Motion shorts

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
These will most likely be released alongside the actual animated shorts. It's a pretty interesting idea, though.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
We'll see in due time. I still think this could last a while longer, even releasing new animation alongside Faust's TV series.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I doubt they'll both run at the same time. I mean, DC is notoriously bad on character embargoes, and that's just using the same characters in different properties. I doubt they are going to allow two series with not only the same characters and premise, but the exact same name too, run at once.

Honestly? I am not fussed at all. Fontana's version sucks and Faust's looks to be a vast improvement. I will not be sorry to see the web shorts go.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
While the Shea Fontana series most likely won't run alongside the Lauren Faust series , the latter may still run alongside the Lego projects (which Shea Fontana isn't involved in, hence its alternate continuity status ). I mean, for the Lego projects, we've had like 6-7 shorts, a tv special , and 2 movies. WB knows the franchise brings in big money, hence why each series runs their courses to allow different interpretations of the characters and not suffer from creative burnout .

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts