Marvel's Spider-Man "Take Two" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this "Spider-Man" Episode!

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out a new episode of Marvel's Spider-Man today at 7:00PM ET on Disney XD!
Yqj5AHH.jpg
Marvel's Spider-Man "Take Two"
Episode Debut - June 18th, 2018

Spider-Man is excited to start his second year as a super hero (and his second year as a student at Horizon High) but discovers that Doc Ock also claims to want a second chance… Can Otto be trusted?

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Marvel's Spider-Man "Take Two"

The unknown client is either Norman or Doc Ock himself. Pretty sure it's Ock, just because based on his behavior this episode, he's the least likely culprit of the two, which is probably why the series will say it's him.

Loved Paladin making fun of Spidey's costume. But it's not like the rest of the Wildpack's uniforms aren't total eyesores.

Laughed at Spidey saying the 10 bucks was burning a hole in his pocket. Spidey has pockets?

I'm a little bit disgusted with Max Modell. He's rich, right? After all Peter has done for him, he can't give the kid a scholarship? It's like he wants to be able to pick his brain, and wants Peter to pay for the privilege of him doing that. He sucks.

I love Ock admitting he wasn't the best supervillain leader. And he's right. The Wildpack is a well-oiled machine and total professionals. It does not hurt a show to have the villains act competently. The heroes can still win when they do that.

All right but I want to punch Max Modell in the face. ***.

Last edited:

ShadowBeast

It seems obvious that Doc Ock was the one who hired the Wild Pack. But it feels too obvious. And from the quick look up of Silver Sable, I'd put my bets on Dr. Doom on being her client since he has not only the interest in such a device, but the money to pay for it as well. Though if it is Doom, Silver Sable would be foolish to back-stab him by selling the device to someone else. Another good contender would be the Kingpin.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Marvel's Spider-Man + Season 2 Premiere= Excellent

I definitely look forward to more.

Frontier

Staff member
Are they just going to leave Brock as a mute character up until he becomes Venom? That would be...different :sweat:.

At least we can see the seeds of his disgruntleness with how Jameson berates him :eek:.

It was also nice to see Betty, albeit in a non-speaking cameo, and hopefully Robbie pops up again as well :).

So Harry's off across the world on OsCopr business, which explains his absence, although I'm curious how long before we see him rejoin the main cast. I hope Max Mittelman doesn't become a main cast member in name-only :(.

I'm kind of surprised Otto got out of prison in only a few months. After all the trouble he caused, I would've expected him to have been in there longer o_O.

And while I get they can't take off his tentacles, you'd think Ock popping up in full costume in broad daylight would count as a parole violation :confused:.

Given they had Ock outright namedrop "The Cellar" as a Supervillain prison, I imagine we'll probably see that location play a central role later in the season (I'm guessing that's also where the Wild Pack are locked up) :ack:.

Three more doctorates? How many does that make by this point, Otto :p?

I can't imagine all the talk about Neuropathy and Ock mastering it is a coincidence, especially with the Superior Spider-Man story coming up :mad:.

Gwen having faith in Otto reforming is consistent with her being the one to stand up for him with Peter last season, although I expect her faith is going to end up being as misplaced as it was then :sad:.

I guess I'm not surprised at this point, but I still have to give the side-eye at the thought of any kind of hospital giving a bunch of teenagers access to their genetically-altered patient :shrug:.

Silver Sable and the Wild Pack were pretty awesome elements to the episode, giving Spidey a good variety of foes to contend with and providing us with the return of Sable and the animated debuts of Puma and Paladin :cool:.

Although Puma working with a bunch of mercenaries like the Wildpack is kind of out-of-character for him, at least going by his comic persona :quinn:.

Sable was, as always, the consummate and effective professional who can give Spidey a good run for his money even without powers. And hey, they didn't give her a weird haircut :anime:!

I wonder if it's a coincidence that the Pack's cells were numbered and that there's a tease that they're not quite done just yet...could we see them end up being part of Doc Ocks' new Sinister Six? Although even with Ock, they're still down a member :knd1:.

I liked Peter going into work for the Bugle without knowing how Jameson would end up using his footage for Spider-Man to demonize him in the media. And now he's in a bind because he can't just up-and-quit because he has to keep making money to stay in school. Classic Spider-Man ;).

Y'know, you kind of have to wonder how long poor Aleskei has been unconscious in his rhino form. Ever since the Jackal took him over during the "Rise of Doc Ock?" Or when Otto brainwashed him? Either way, I wonder if this is truly the last appearance of The Rhino...
I love Ock admitting he wasn't the best supervillain leader. And he's right. The Wildpack is a well-oiled machine and total professionals. It does not hurt a show to have the villains act competently. The heroes can still win when they do that.
The Sinister Six was pretty efficient but they were admittedly also brainwashed, so Ock never really "lead" them per se :sweat:.
It seems obvious that Doc Ock was the one who hired the Wild Pack. But it feels too obvious. And from the quick look up of Silver Sable, I'd put my bets on Dr. Doom on being her client since he has not only the interest in such a device, but the money to pay for it as well. Though if it is Doom, Silver Sable would be foolish to back-stab him by selling the device to someone else. Another good contender would be the Kingpin.
Given the Marvel Animation embargo's still appear to be in effect, I doubt we'll see Doom here.

But yeah, it's probably Doc Ock playing the long-con with the heroes. Although it woudl be a surprise if his turn to heroism is completely genuine.

ShadowBeast

Given the Marvel Animation embargo's still appear to be in effect, I doubt we'll see Doom here.

But yeah, it's probably Doc Ock playing the long-con with the heroes. Although it woudl be a surprise if his turn to heroism is completely genuine.
I don't think the Embargo effects the cartoons since Dr. Doom has made appearances in Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble, and other Disney cartoons.

Frontier

Staff member
I don't think the Embargo effects the cartoons since Dr. Doom has made appearances in Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble, and other Disney cartoons.
That was before the embargoe's got stricter, because Doom and any X-Men or FF affiliated characters haven't shown up at all this year or last year.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Are they just going to leave Brock as a mute character up until he becomes Venom? That would be...different :sweat:.

TV Tropes lists Sean Schemmel as his voice actor, though it was probably a bit later into production when they cast him. On another note, Eddie Brock visually reminds me of Gonard from Kappa Mikey, who's also voiced by Sean. It'll be interesting to see his take on the character. Though given how Eddie's last appearance had him voiced by Ben Diskin, I figured he would've been voiced be someone around his age (like maybe Josh Keaton or Eric Bauza) like how most of the casting here is for actors slightly younger and/or older (or significantly younger) from the ones in this show's two predecessors, and not Sean, who's significantly older (though Laura Bailey is significantly older than Dove Cameron as Gwen Stacy, but is only a year older than Lacey Chabert).

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
TV Tropes lists Sean Schemmel as his voice actor, though it was probably a bit later into production when they cast him. On another note, Eddie Brock visually reminds me of Gonard from Kappa Mikey, who's also voiced by Sean. It'll be interesting to see his take on the character.
You know as someone who wanted Sean as Brock, I never even realized it about his design till now. I loved Kappa Mikey when it was on TV.

The funny thing also, I also saw this fanart of Sean's most famous role, Goku from Dragon Ball infused with a Venom Symbiote not to long ago.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
Paladin talks a lot of trash for someone who looks like a rejected GI Joe. He is certainly the Yamcha of Wild Pack in terms of skill.

Gwen forgave Octavius (the man who mind controlled her friends, created a supervillain team, tried to kill her friends, etc) in under 4 minutes, I counted. This is almost as bad as when the Avengers let Zemo go in AA because his dad was mean to him despite him being a mass terrorist.

Bit of bad history in the episode, Einstein had excellent grades in math and science as a student. Much like Otto, he was doing college level work in high school ;).

No internship this year Max? You couldn't help Peter out? Harsh.

Peter's voice cracking was hilarious.

Fun episode, I'm also glad this show is back.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Paladin talks a lot of trash for someone who looks like a rejected GI Joe. He is certainly the Yamcha of Wild Pack in terms of skill.
This made me check to see if Trevor Devall (Paladin's VA) had ever been in a G.I. Joe production. Surprisingly not o_O.
Gwen forgave Octavius (the man who mind controlled her friends, created a supervillain team, tried to kill her friends, etc) in under 4 minutes, I counted. This is almost as bad as when the Avengers let Zemo go in AA because his dad was mean to him despite him being a mass terrorist.
Now now, The Avengers didn't let Zemo go, they just believed he could reform moving forward after he helped them stop his dad. Which...didn't end up being the case at all :sweat:.

But yeah, Gwen being so quick to believe in Otto's reform, while consistent with her opinion of him last season, just seemed a little foolish. Especially once the inevitable reveal of Doc Ock being behind everything comes out :evil:.
Bit of bad history in the episode, Einstein had excellent grades in math and science as a student. Much like Otto, he was doing college level work in high school ;).
(Gasp)The show got a fact about science wrong :eek:!?
No internship this year Max? You couldn't help Peter out? Harsh.
I think Max is a nice guy, but he can be surprisingly rigid when it comes to how he deals with people sometimes :ack:.
Fun episode, I'm also glad this show is back.
Agreed :anime:.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
This made me check to see if Trevor Devall (Paladin's VA) had ever been in a G.I. Joe production. Surprisingly not o_O.

Now now, The Avengers didn't let Zemo go, they just believed he could reform moving forward after he helped them stop his dad. Which...didn't end up being the case at all :sweat:.

But yeah, Gwen being so quick to believe in Otto's reform, while consistent with her opinion of him last season, just seemed a little foolish. Especially once the inevitable reveal of Doc Ock being behind everything comes out :evil:.

(Gasp)The show got a fact about science wrong :eek:!?

I think Max is a nice guy, but he can be surprisingly rigid when it comes to how he deals with people sometimes :ack:.

Agreed :anime:.

Y'all, let's please remember: SCIENCE.

Last edited:

Roxas_Sora

Well, I think everyone has already figured out, but who want to bet that the "Neuro-Cortex" is going to be the key of the "brain switch" that will give us the "Superior Spider-Man"?

Frontier

Staff member
Well, I think everyone has already figured out, but who want to bet that the "Neuro-Cortex" is going to be the key of the "brain switch" that will give us the "Superior Spider-Man"?
I'm not sure if it will since it doesn't seem like it can be applied that way, but I'm sure Otto's new doctorate in Neuro-Chemistry will :evil:.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Something interesting I noticed is when Spiderman is fighting Silver Sable to get the Neuro Cortex back, Otto is shown to be legitimately surprised with his determination to get it back. Keep in mind that no one was around to see that revelation, so we're seeing that scene from his perspective. He's also shown to be surprised that Spiderman actually likes and is good with science. Recall that, even during his time as a hero in the first two parts of Rise Of Doc Ock, and in another instances, he berates Spiderman for being foolish and just copying him, even thinking that Peter Parker made technology for him since he's not smart enough even though they're one and the same. It's not much, but I think it helps at least hint that Otto will regain his standards, or at least help to humanize him given that the ending here strongly implies that he sent the Wild Pack out. Of course, I don't mind if my theories are proven wrong (they have been in the past).

Frontier

Staff member
Something interesting I noticed is when Spiderman is fighting Silver Sable to get the Neuro Cortex back, Otto is shown to be legitimately surprised with his determination to get it back. Keep in mind that no one was around to see that revelation, so we're seeing that scene from his perspective. He's also shown to be surprised that Spiderman actually likes and is good with science. Recall that, even during his time as a hero in the first two parts of Rise Of Doc Ock, and in another instances, he berates Spiderman for being foolish and just copying him, even thinking that Peter Parker made technology for him since he's not smart enough even though they're one and the same. It's not much, but I think it helps at least hint that Otto will regain his standards, or at least help to humanize him given that the ending here strongly implies that he sent the Wild Pack out. Of course, I don't mind if my theories are proven wrong (they have been in the past).
Alternatively, if Ock isn't so willing to dismiss the idea that Spider-Man is science-savvy, he may come closer to cluing into Peter being Spider-Man before the mindswap happens :ack:.

BlackoutCreature

While I also think that Ock being behind the Wild Pack is too obvious and am hoping it's a red herring, I think the chances of it actually being either Dr. Doom or Kingpin are about as good as the chances of it being Skeletor, Megatron or Ming the Merciless.

This is a Spider-Man cartoon. It's gonna be Norman Osborn. It's always Norman Osborn.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts