Not open for further replies.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
{{Dolphin noise}}
Image2109.jpg

"Oooooh! You said Number 11!"

Nick Mick

Now forget and be content ♥
Well, it looks creepy enough for an unlicensed attraction, so, it's obvious it isn't...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, great news for Nickelodeon Greece! First of all, TMNT actually isn't completely removed from schedule! It's on the time slot of 22:00 (instead of the one of 23:00, whene now new Thundermans episodes will be showing), SpongeBob got moved on the time slot of 21:30 (which means that Mysticons is 100% removed from schedule), and from 15:30 to 16:30, the two Avatar shows will be shown!

animegamer

I found this on Nick India's page:

Also this quote about dubbing sitcoms

When we started, we had a lot of Nickelodeon international content which was live action. We saw the foreign looking characters speaking Hindi and we realised that it won't work. When you do live action and a north Indian man starts speaking Tamil, there is disconnect. Live action has that limitation, but animation is free of all this. The network does have regional channels in the markets that require it, but then there are certain markets that are quite homogeneous. Animation is language-agnostic. Dubbing works for us because Shiva can speak in Tamil or Hindi or any other language for that matter. I'm not sure if we need a regional channel. But we can look at more languages to dub in, Kannada and Marathi.

Ultimately, if I launch a kids’ regional channel, what else will be different, other than language? Right now, our Tamil feed is available in Tamil Nadu. I don’t know what I can do differently.

Ok.... can't they just at least put them on Nick HD+ and leaving them in English? And also put all of those aired sitcoms on Voot (not just a quarter of it)? Still no official word from the company about why they don't air Nick animated shows on any of their channels.

http://bestmediainfo.com/2018/06/ad...t-the-index-says-nick-s-nina-elavia-jaipuria/

Vaughn Max

When we started, we had a lot of Nickelodeon international content which was live action. We saw the foreign looking characters speaking Hindi and we realised that it won't work. When you do live action and a north Indian man starts speaking Tamil, there is disconnect. Live action has that limitation, but animation is free of all this. The network does have regional channels in the markets that require it, but then there are certain markets that are quite homogeneous. Animation is language-agnostic. Dubbing works for us because Shiva can speak in Tamil or Hindi or any other language for that matter. I'm not sure if we need a regional channel. But we can look at more languages to dub in, Kannada and Marathi.

Ultimately, if I launch a kids’ regional channel, what else will be different, other than language? Right now, our Tamil feed is available in Tamil Nadu. I don’t know what I can do differently.

Ok.... can't they just at least put them on Nick HD+ and leaving them in English? And also put all of those aired sitcoms on Voot (not just a quarter of it)? Still no official word from the company about why they don't air Nick animated shows on any of their channels.

http://bestmediainfo.com/2018/06/ad...t-the-index-says-nick-s-nina-elavia-jaipuria/
I bet they haven't aired a new SpongeBob episode on any of their channels in years

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner

This means that American live-action series are not popular among South Asians in general.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Because older people watch it. In the past, many countries targeted live-action series at teens and the like.

animegamer

I’m sure if Nick tried to market their channel the same way Disney International HD did, and get it on all platforms (not two years later) it would have got more viewers.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Nick CEE Loudhouse Next Bumper:
cykICeV.jpg

Also there is now generic Next Bumper for Weekend Movies finally :)

Past few days channel having some technical issues on UPC CZ though :(

animegamer

You could say the Hindi opening of Jimmy Neutron was a rare find, since most of the episodes on Voot cut the theme song for some reason. I was lucky to find an episode that didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts