Which cartoonist would you like to see make a Looney Tunes cartoon?

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
With the announcement of a new, multiplatform Looney Tunes series that will feature cartoons made by different cartoonists, which cartoonist would you like to see do a Looney Tunes short?

My personal choices:

Chris Prynoski
Bob Camp
Pendleton Ward
Max Winston
Aaron Springer

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
For the sake of a challenge (but only that): The guys behind Adventure Time OR Regular Show, just to see them really push themselves to do something different from what they're used to.

For the fun of it (unpopular opinion or not): I'd like to see the guys behind Penn Zero: PTH or definitely Tangled: TAS, out of my personal love for those art-styles BOTH have (again, IMHO), take a crack at it - simply because whoever worked on these examples didn't abuse that bean-mouth style everyone is growing tired of by now.

However, I think the BEST choice would be the guys behind the Mickey Mouse shorts OR Ducktales (2017). Only downside to that is they're already working for a regime in competition with WB. Still, I think they could pull it off if they had to work somewhere else, IMHO.

Last edited:

Dudley

Staff member
I’d like to see Justin Roiland, Genndy Tartovkosky , Tyson Hesse, Bill Plympton, Alex Hirsch, Arin Hanson, Science SARU, the guys who made Avatar and Korra, Sylvian Chomet, Nick Park, Shmorky, Cookiefication, Kyle Carozza, Craig McCracken, David Feiss, David Alvarez, and Andrew Dickman get to make an episode.

Wish I could make an episode too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lemanic

I’d like to see Lauren Faust tackle Lola. And Rebecca Sugar a Pepe Le Pew one.

And Neil Cicierega for a jukebox style musical short.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Definitely Genndy Tartavkosky.
Well, we did kind of see that with the Duck Dodgers episode "Samurai Quack" (okay, he didn't write it, but he gave his approval), though an original short from him would be cool.

One of my choices would be Ian Jones Quarty. It'd be cool to see a short done in an OK KO style.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Definitely Genndy Tartavkosky.
Definitely this.
I’d like to see Lauren Faust tackle Lola.
Also this.
And Rebecca Sugar a Pepe Le Pew one.
Not this though. I freaking hate, HATE Pepe Le Pew. That stupid cat raping skunk. And considering Sugar's support for the #MeToo movement in taking down all of the sexual harassers and assaulters in the animation business to make it a safer place for woman, I doubt she'd be on-board either.

Lemanic

Not this though. I freaking hate, HATE Pepe Le Pew. That stupid cat raping skunk. And considering Sugar's support for the #MeToo movement in taking down all of the sexual harassers and assaulters in the animation business to make it a safer place for woman, I doubt she'd be on-board either.

That’s why her queer ass would be PERFECT for this. While the Goofy Gophers did a cruising joke on TLTS, Pepe Le Pew would actually be able to to pull a cruising skit off.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
That’s why her queer ass would be PERFECT for this. While the Goofy Gophers did a cruising joke on TLTS, Pepe Le Pew would actually be able to to pull a cruising skit off.
You are making me want to see this short in spite of my hatred for that little rat. Stop it.

Mandouga

That depends. Assuming the upcoming series shorts will be a family series (yeah, yeah, I know, but still), I don't think I would like to see Seth MacFarlane (who would have turned The Flintstones into Family Guy set in prehistoric times, for all anyone knew) or Matt Groening do it.

As for who I would want to make one, I don't know, really. It has more to do with whether or not he/she could stay true to the characters (while still being a family show). Genndy Tartakovsky? Craig MacKracken? Maxwell Atoms? Pat Ventura? Guy Vasilovich? Bill Burnett? Butch Hartman? Bob Boyle (then again, I wasn't happy with how Yin Yang Yo! turned out; long story)? Man of Action Studios? Someone completely obscure? I would say Fred Seibert, but he's a producer. It doesn't (entirely) matter as long as it's still a Looney Tunes production at heart.

I don't know if I can say Stephen Hillenburg at any rate, since he has ALS/Lou Gehrig's Disease...:'(

wiley207

Sorry for the bump, but I'd like to see Bob Jacques try one, along with Eric Goldberg, Jon McClenahan, Genndy Tartakovsky, David Feiss, Craig Bartlett, Bob Camp, Chris Reccardi, Tim Maltby and Scott Jeralds.
And if he weren't retired, I'd like to see Eddie Fitzgerald do one.

jaylop97

Staff member
My choices would be Eric Acosta, Robert Mittenthal, Jacob Fleisher, and Chris Viscardi. I think they would do well since they all wrote in shows (Pig Goat Banana Cricket and Kablam!) which were typically skit based and I think these are the less talked choices outside of the typical CN related field.

Cartoon_central

-John Kricfalusi (although given the recent scandal I don't see that happening anytime soon)
-David Feiss
-Genndy Tartakovsky
-Jon McClenahan
-Pat Ventura
-Bob Jacques and Kelly Armstrong
-Tad Stones
-Maxwell Atoms
- Jhonen Vasquez
-Danny Antonucci
-John Dilworth
-Mike Judge
-Peter Chung
-David Silverman
-"Savage" Steve Holland
-Joe Murray
-Milton Knight

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts