The current shows are ending

TheLemsterPju

KombatMaster94

I heard Tom Perkins is leaving Marvel Animation too.

Can't wait to see the DC heroes in the USM style. As bad as the recent cartoons were, their biggest saving grace for me was their art style and designs. USM season 1 was where the art style looked the best.

SweetShop209

Although I wish Jeff Wamester the best at his new job. I'm curious to see what shows he'll work on.

I could easily see Jeff working on a DC property (like the Lego Justice movies) or a Scooby movie (when you have movies with the likes of James Tucker, Ethan Spaulding, and Ernie Altbacker on board, then you've got a strong team there).

Cassidy

I believe there is hope for other shows to come back now that the Marvel shows might be ending. There is a petition to get Marvel to appoint Craig Kyle President of Marvel Animation, he said that if this happens that he would bring back Wolverine and the X-Men and other shows.

I think that with Disney making their own streaming service, there would be a chance for older shows to come back.

Mod Note: Double Post merged. Please use the Edit button next time instead of posting multiple times in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
There is a petition to get Marvel to appoint Craig Kyle President of Marvel Animation, he said that if this happens that he would bring back Wolverine and the X-Men and other shows.

Where is this bit of information coming from? I don't mean the petition. Where has Craig Kyle discussed bringing back old cartoons?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, I honestly cannot recall Craig Kyle saying anything like that. The most I think he said he would love to continue the show if he had the chance, but some probably misunderstood that and got carried away with petitions and stuff. No offense to anyone, but I seriously doubt a petition asking for 100 signatures will convince Marvel to appoint Kyle as president of the animation department.

Cassidy

Where is this bit of information coming from? I don't mean the petition. Where has Craig Kyle discussed bringing back old cartoons?

Here is the screenshot of the tweet and where he said this

Yeah, I honestly cannot recall Craig Kyle saying anything like that. The most I think he said he would love to continue the show if he had the chance, but some probably misunderstood that and got carried away with petitions and stuff. No offense to anyone, but I seriously doubt a petition asking for 100 signatures will convince Marvel to appoint Kyle as president of the animation department.
The petitions worked for Young Justice, so I think it could work for this too. I think if there was enough people and superhero websites to get in on this I think it could work.

Double post merged. Please use the Edit button next time.

Attachments

• 4B93D541-EDFB-4E30-BC57-A34C81FEB1FE.png
    4B93D541-EDFB-4E30-BC57-A34C81FEB1FE.png
    209.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
The petitions worked for Young Justice, so I think it could work for this too.

It wasn't the petitions that brought back Young Justice. It was a very strong social media campaign coordinated by Greg Weisman, Brandon Vietti, Khary Payton, and others, that took advantage of the show's second season being on Netflix. There's also the fact that the show had no rights issues, since WBA produced it and was owned by WB.

The other Marvel cartoons don't have any of those advantages.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Steve Hulett posted an updated blog. This time it says the current shows are "wrapping up", and they're informed Marvel Animation will be going into "hibernation".

Again, it might not be completely accurate, but I figured it should be pointed out. Keep in mind there's still enough material from the current series to air throughout next year as well. At this point, we've only seen half a Season of Guardians, so there's more to come.

We also kind of know they're still writing for an episodic Spider-Man project (whether it's a new Season or a new show altogether will probably be determined later on). And still no word on Marvel Rising...

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
If Marvel's animation studio does go into hibernation, it makes me wonder of the possibility of future Marvel animation being handled at other studios. The last project that was said to be in development was Moon Girl, and that one was supposed to a collaboration between Lawrence Fishburne's production company and Titmouse.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Come to think of it, they did tease a Japanese studio will be working on Marvel Rising. So the idea of Marvel doing collaborations or just letting other studios work on their future shows is possible, I guess.

Frontier

Staff member
I think the idea that Marvel will go back to outsourcing their animation for future projects is better then the thought of Marvel totally stopping in the production of cartoons :sweat:.

I mean, we know about Moon Girl, though that seems like a special case...

Cassidy

If this is true then to me this is great news cause that studio needs to merge.
I’m hoping that if this happens, I hope we would have older Marvel shows airing more often like they used to do on Disney XD about 9 years ago. I hope that Marvel will realize that fans want better shows them what is being put out now.

thomas2313412

Guys,I know this seems weird but hear me out .recently according to the blog Tomb Of The Cartoon Monkey Skeleton blog: https://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2018/06/work-around-town-3.html?m=1 ,It is believed that Spiderman (2017),Avengers Assemble and guardians of the galaxy are wrapping productions and it is belived that Marvel Animation will be going into 'hibernation' which in other words the tv production will likely go on a hiatus probably dealing with the process of the Fox disney merger deal.

And if this is true then Marvel animation will bring the Tv animation production on a hiatus while they likely will focus more on the shorts like the Marvel Super Hero Adventures and animated films like the upcoming Marvel rising movie.Until when the Fox disney merger deal is complete when disney owns the the fantastic four and X-men film rights,Perhaps Marvel animation will once again make television cartoon versions of the Marvel superheroes after the hiatus or "hibernation" but will reboot the animated universe as they are about to add the Fantastic four and the X-men into their lineup.

So is marvel animation really wrapping productions on Spiderman (2017),Avengers Assemble and guardians of the galaxy and put the tv production on "Hibernation" or hiatus?

Lord Spider

With all the news about marvel animation going into hibernation who here thinks that all of the shows are on their last season or do you think that maybe marvel's spider man could get one more season while avengers and guardians end on their current seasons?

Frontier

Staff member
With all the news about marvel animation going into hibernation who here thinks that all of the shows are on their last season or do you think that maybe marvel's spider man could get one more season while avengers and guardians end on their current seasons?
We don't really know.

I think it's probably reasonable to assume that Avengers and Guardians will both end with their current seasons, although Avengers gets re-branded and shifted so much that it's basically an entirely new cartoon at this point.

Dudley

Staff member

I think they’re on their last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts