"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Well, Spider Gwen is easier to say for a teenage hero than Spider Woman (if that truly is like in the comics) (also, teenage Wonder Woman works since she's more iconic). Unless a project is meant to be supernatural, a name like Ghost Spider does have an ominous aura to it.

Frontier

Staff member
Well, Spider Gwen is easier to say for a teenage hero than Spider Woman (if that truly is like in the comics) (also, teenage Wonder Woman works since she's more iconic). Unless a project is meant to be supernatural, a name like Ghost Spider does have an ominous aura to it.
Well, we also usually have a teenage Peter Parker running around as "Spider-Man," so I don't see it as much of an issue :shrug:.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Well, Spider-Man is a more iconic name, even if he's usually a teenager. Spider Gwen is something relatively recent, hence why this name is used instead

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
It doesn't make much sense to me - the "Spider-Gwen" name from the comics is supposedly too recent to use, so they come up with a completely new name for the character instead.

Frontier

Staff member
They said she's called "Ghost Spider" since "Spider-Gwen" doesn't make sense for a character with a secret identity, but everyone seems to forget that she's not actually called Spider-Gwen in the comics :sweat:.

I can only assume that for some reason Marvel doesn't want to associate Gwen Stacy with the Spider-Woman moniker in outside media.

TheLemsterPju

The Marvel Database wiki listed the tie-in comics for this as part of Earth-616. (By an admin of that site I should mention.)

Was this ever confirmed or are the "Marvel Rising" comics separate from the film?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
June 28th:
It's not much but Cierra Ramirez shared this photo.

July 6th:
Marvel's new episode of "Earth's Mightiest Show" features Dove Cameron and Cort Lane talking some more about this project. Not much new stuff is revealed, though.

July 12th:
Sort of related, Marvel will launch a new comic series with Gwen Stacy using the new Ghost Spider codename. More details will be revealed at Comic-Con, apparently. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with Marvel Rising, but I figured it would be worth mentioning here.

Frontier

Staff member
July 12th:
Sort of related, Marvel will launch a new comic series with Gwen Stacy using the new Ghost Spider codename. More details will be revealed at Comic-Con, apparently. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with Marvel Rising, but I figured it would be worth mentioning here.
I just assumed they were relaunching the comic version of Spider-Gwen with the Ghost Spider moniker :sweat:.

Now the real question is whether Marvel's Spider-Man's Gwen will start going by "Ghost Spider" once she gets her powers back...

TheLemsterPju

This tweet (presumably) shows us a still from the movie; possibly giving us our first look at the animation style.
DiBKMPIUcAAzzz4.jpg

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
The background reminds me of stuff we'd see in other Marvel shows but as you said, this is just a still. SDCC wouldn't be a bad time to start releasing the shorts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Troy Troodon

First official trailer, and there's something quite extraordinary about it--

The... the animation... looks nice!

Seriously, look at the animation in this trailer, this has to be some of the most fluent, expressive, and vibrant animation and character art Marvel has since Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts