"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It sounds like there are plans for Eddie Brock, although now that Kevin Burke and Doc Wyatt have taken over the showrunner duties from Shinick, I'm curious if that'll still be the case :ack:?

I also wonder if we should take that as actual indicative of Peter's age? Not that I expect they'll age Peter too much on this show :p.
1. I would assume so. Again, season 4 of Ultimate Spiderman brought in some classic Spiderman stylings the other 3 seasons either didn't have or downplayed, and that's the point when they took over the show, and made it better.

Frontier

Staff member
In regards to Venom and Eddie Brock, Kevin Burke did recently give this hint...
That certainly seems to be hinting at the Symbiote returning itself to it's "rightful host," Eddie Brock :evil:.

I guess it could be something like Roderick Kingsley becoming the Hobgoblin, but I don't think Burke would've used "host" if that was the case....

Roxas_Sora

Damn it!!! I read in another article that J Jonah Jameson was going to appear in Season 2. I was hoping not to see him at all in a Spider-Man series, at least for once.

If Eddie Brock is going to debut at the classic Venom, I still hope for Flash Thompson to have a future between the Spider-Heroes. If he can't be "Agent Venom", I guess he could be Anti-Venom (although the white suit doesn't suit for a soldier). And how about, Agent Toxin?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Wasn't it said somewhere that Eddie Brock would be voiced by Corey Feldman? I have to double check. If his performance as Sprkx on Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go (specifically his brainwashed state in the finale) and Slash on TMNT 2012 prove anything, he can handle the rough and gruff well (though the other two I mentioned are jerk with a heart of gold type characters).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Futon Critic has the titles and log-lines for the Season premiere.

"How I Thwipped My Summer Vacation"
Air Date: Monday, June 18, 2018
Time Slot: 6:30 PM-7:00 PM EST on DISNEY XD
Peter Parker struggles to balance the best summer vacation ever and his responsibilities as Spider-Man.
"Take Two"
Time Slot: 7:00 PM-7:30 PM EST on DISNEY XD
Spider-Man is excited to start his second year as a superhero and as a student at Horizon High but discovers that Doc Ock also claims to want a second chance. Can Otto be trusted?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
"Take Two"
That is the dumbest synopsis I've ever heard. Doc Ock is a criminal. He should be in jail. Nobody should be wondering if he can be trusted in everyday life. He should already be in prison.

Mod Note: Language.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
This is only a theory on my part but I wonder if "How I Thwipped My Summer Vacation" might be a more stand-alone episode making the transition between Seasons - like the Guardians Season premiere which was most likely the episode they were supposed to split into shorts. Spidey's first Season also had shorts, and I presume Doc Ock's return might warrant a two-part story, so I guess it is possible.

Frontier

Staff member
Futon Critic has the titles and log-lines for the Season premiere.

"How I Thwipped My Summer Vacation"
Time Slot: 6:30 PM-7:00 PM EST on DISNEY XD

"Take Two"
The first episode sounds like a fun return for the series as Peter spends his Summer Vacation as Spidey :anime:.

It also reminds me of how Spectacular kicked off it's first season with Peter returning to school from of Summer Vacation of kicking butt as Spider-Man ;).

Curious to see which villains and supporting cast members we might see pop up as well :).

"Take Two" obviously seems to be referring to Ock trying to get a second chance, although given the last time Peter trusted Otto ended with him turning into a Supervillain, I don't see this going any better :sweat:.

I wonder how long until we see Peter start working at the Bugle o_O?
This is only a theory on my part but I wonder if "How I Thwipped My Summer Vacation" might be a more stand-alone episode making the transition between Seasons - like the Guardians Season premiere which was most likely the episode they were supposed to split into shorts. Spidey's first Season also had shorts, and I presume Doc Ock's return might warrant a two-part story, so I guess it is possible.
Especially given Doc Ock is going to be a major player this season, particularly once we get to the Superior adaption, so I expect the episode with his story will be what kicks the season's storyline into gear :cool:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
This might be nothing important or interesting, but according to the Disney press website the production codes for these two Season 2 episodes are "F027" and "F028". I thought it was kind of weird (I was expecting the usual 201 & 202), but since I'm no expert in production codes I'm not sure if this means anything.

Frontier

Staff member
This might be nothing important or interesting, but according to the Disney press website the production codes for these two Season 2 episodes are "F027" and "F028". I thought it was kind of weird (I was expecting the usual 201 & 202), but since I'm no expert in production codes I'm not sure if this means anything.
Kind of seems like they're continuing off from the season 1 episode order...

Frontier

Staff member
Here's the trailer for season 2. Bob Joles makes a good J. Jonah Jameson. Also, I see Gwen has a new job.
And I'm guessing that blonde guy at the Bugle is none other then Eddie Brock, especially since Venom is majorly featured in the trailer :evil:.

I really like Bob Joles as Jonah. It almost sounded like I was hearing JK Simmons for a quick second :cool:.

Looks like Peter's going to be upgrading from the Bugle's top photographer to their top cameraman. But boy is it nice to see him at the Bugle again :D.

At 0:11...is that Black Cat and Rhino o_O?

Spideyfan123

And I'm guessing that blonde guy at the Bugle is none other then Eddie Brock, especially since Venom is majorly featured in the trailer :evil:.

I really like Bob Joles as Jonah. It almost sounded like I was hearing JK Simmons for a quick second :cool:.

Looks like Peter's going to be upgrading from the Bugle's top photographer to their top cameraman. But boy is it nice to see him at the Bugle again :D.

At 0:11...is that Black Cat and Rhino o_O?
Nah looks like a hippo and a panda

Matt Parker

Well, this is all exciting news!

As some of you guys may now, from my frequent posts during the airing of season one, I really enjoyed Marvel's Spider-Man and found it to be a super fun and fast on its feat adaptation of my favorite hero, so I am thrilled to see this season.

From the looks of things, Season Two will retain all that I loved about the first season (one of the best voice casts on any Spider-Man show, utilizing the classic villains, fun action, and letting Peter grow and progress as both a kid and a superhero) while fixing some of the stuff I wasn't wild about last year (more focus on Peter juggling his double life, giving Venom an actual host so he isn't just another big monster for Spider-Man to fight, and maybe giving Miles more to do). Bringing in Jameson is a genius move, and I think actually waiting a year to do it was smart, because now we can get an idea of what the general public's point of view was on some of the adventures Spider-Man had last year are.

J.M.DeMatteis writing some episodes is a great sign. DeMateis is one of the best writers in comics, and he has written some of my favorite Spidey stories, like the second Harry Osborn Green Goblin saga, Kraven's Last Hunt, Light the Night, and Maximum Carnage. He understands what makes Peter Parker tick and he also understands the ingredients needed to cook up a really compelling and entertaining Spider-Man story.

Plus, it sounds like there could be hope for a Season Three. While I won't get my hopes up, knowing that there is any chance for more of this series makes me one happy Spidey fan.

Next month couldn't get here soon enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts