"Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+ Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Oh I don't think you were completely wrong. As we really don't know exactly how this training was conducted. Was Luke ever trained in Episodes 4 through 6? No. So, IMHO, I feel like there's gonna be some retconning. I'm excited to see if they give us both Yoda and Qui-Gon in this film.
Yeah, I think Ghost Yoda taught Luke the Force Ghost technique between 6 and 7. But yeah, it would be cool to see them both. Episode 8 proved Ghost Yoda can be entertaining and meaningful, imo. I'd think Liam Neeson is game to reprise the role. I seem to recall back in January he said he was open to it.

the greenman

Yeah, Neeson could use a break from kicking human butt.

In 2015 he had this response:
I don’t know [how he would return], unless you went back in time or he becomes a hologram or something. He’s a Jedi, anything could happen. It’s Star Wars world!"

www.cinemablend.com/new/Liam-Neeson-Wants-Return-Star-Wars-Here-How-It-Can-Happen-69084.html

Yes, just this January he said this:

This is the first time I'm hearing of this. No one's been in touch with me. I know in the Star Wars world anything is possible. In the first one, The Phantom Menace, I died but we know, you know, Jedi come back and stuff but no one's been in touch. We'll see.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ci...-star-wars-as-qui-gon-jinn-heres-what-he-said

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
What's so frustrating to me is that Neeson is NOT an unapproachable actor or an impossible get. He's done The Lego Movie, Family Guy, and A Million Ways to Die in the West. He even cameoed on The Orville. What do these projects all have in common? They actually went ahead asked him to be in them. I'm guessing the reason he hasn't been approached is because the producers assume he'll say no, due to him being by turns a serious actor, and more recently, a serious action star. Well, they won't know that until they actually ask him.

the greenman

What's so frustrating to me is that Neeson is NOT an unapproachable actor or an impossible get. He's done The Lego Movie, Family Guy, and A Million Ways to Die in the West. He even cameoed on The Orville. What do these projects all have in common? They actually went ahead asked him to be in them. I'm guessing the reason he hasn't been approached is because the producers assume he'll say no, due to him being by turns a serious actor, and more recently, a serious action star. Well, they won't know that until they actually ask him.

Don't be so hasty to think they haven't or won't. I think either 1 of 2 things. The writers didn't think about it, or they are simply keeping it under wraps.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, Neeson could use a break from kicking human butt.
5/20: All this time I thought he was transitioning to less action movies because he said he didn't want to put his body through that abuse after he finished the Taken trilogy. So something where he's just a Force Ghost training Obi-Wan seems like a win-win.

5/28: Supposedly, Ray Park heavily implied a Kenobi movie is in the works.

Dreyfus

Just keep the budget low. You can do that with this movie. I heard Han Solo spent more money in production than even the main trilogy movies. They had no business spending that kind of cash. This movie needs to be made though.

the greenman

Just keep the budget low. You can do that with this movie. I heard Han Solo spent more money in production than even the main trilogy movies. They had no business spending that kind of cash. This movie needs to be made though.
Solo had the budget of two films. Probably between 350mil and 600mil. Seriously. Howard reshot 80% of the film, and retooled nearly everything. It's similar with what happened with Superman Returns. They took the budget of Tim Burton's Superman Lives added to Returns which was why besides the critical issues some considered it a flop.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
McGregor reveals he knew about series for 4 years. He also confirms it is between Ep. III and IV right after the collapse of the Jedi Order, films next summer, and will be six 1 hour episodes.

the greenman

McGregor reveals he knew about series for 4 years. He also confirms it is between Ep. III and IV right after the collapse of the Jedi Order, films next summer, and will be six 1 hour episodes.
Not sure if he means the film or series. It was probably a possible series option back then, but I don't think he knew indefinitely. I do believe he knew he would be reprising the role. He was a no-show for the 40th anniversary, I knew then he was under quarantine.

The big question remains if Neeson is coming back.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

the greenman

McGregor says he didn't enjoy lying about Obi Wan:

“It’s awkward,” he said on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Tuesday. “The studio and the franchises, they want to keep everything totally secret, of course, which I understand, but as the person being asked over and over and over again, ‘Would you do it again?’ And I’m already talking to them about it, but I can’t say that I am.”

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts