Where is Recess?

SG-17

No DVD sets, no digital availability. The only thing left from the show are the movies.

Recess was Disney's Rugrats (in addition to it being created by one of the Rugrsts co-creators and being a spiritual sequel). Why can't I give Disney my money to own the complete series?

Dudley

Staff member
No DVD sets, no digital availability. The only thing left from the show are the movies.

Recess was Disney's Rugrats (in addition to it being created by one of the Rugrsts co-creators and being a spiritual sequel). Why can't I give Disney my money to own the complete series?

Maybe it’ll show up on Disney’s upcoming streaming service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Francisque

Recess' repeats were shown to death in many European countries (Until ca 2009-2010), particularly in the UK: sad to see now how forgotten it has become

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.

The lack of official releases for the majority of their older animated series is probably the one thing Disney objectively has behind the competition. It's a real shame.

Maybe it’ll show up on Disney’s upcoming streaming service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know how hopeful I should be for that, but man would it be great.

The lack of official releases for the majority of their older animated series is probably the one thing Disney objectively has behind the competition. It's a real shame.

I don't know how hopeful I should be for that, but man would it be great.
I'm still surprised The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh isn't on iTunes or Amazon yet, considering it had reruns for many years, it was very popular, and it has an HD Version that airs internationally

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
I'm still surprised The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh isn't on iTunes or Amazon yet, considering it had reruns for many years, it was very popular, and it has an HD Version that airs internationally
Yeah, Disney tried really hard to keep that show alive throughout the 90s (and the early 2000s to a lesser extent) despite it ending production in '91. Granted, it is still in a better position than most other Disney TV cartoons, since the vast majority of episodes are legally available in some form (even a few DVDs have popped up, even if they're not the best and under completely different branding), but still you'd think something more would've been done with it by now.

But to get back on topic, I don't know why they haven't done anything with Recess. The show was very popular back in the day. Disney has gotten marginally better about letting old shows see the light of day, but nowhere near enough.

SweetShop209

Frank Coufal

Me too, and yet the HD version is cropped to 16:9 widescreen despite being originally made in the 1:33:1 format. The Little Mermaid TV Series also has an HD version cropped to widescreen. I want both shows to be available on iTunes and other digital platforms, but I also want to see them in the aspect ratios they were originally made in. Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers, Goof Troop and 101 Dalmatians: The Series are already available on digital platforms in HD and in the 1:33:1 aspect ratio they were made in.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Maybe it has to do with international popularity. Apparently (at least according to tv tropes, so take this with a grain of salt), the entire series is available on iTunes in Germany (not the US), and you can watch the series on the Disney website in the UK (no international streaming though).

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NoExportForYou/WesternAnimation

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Trivia/Recess
Also on Amazon DE as Disneys Grosse Pause.
https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_n...e&ie=UTF8&language=en_GB&url=search-alias=aps

They also have Fillmore, Gummi Bears, Ducktales, Goof Troop ("Goofy und Max"), Winnie the Pooh ("Winnie Puuh"), Darkwing Duck, The Little Mermaid ("Arielle, die Meerjungfrau"), Aladdin, Timon & Pumbaa, Quack Pack, TaleSpin ("Käpt’n Balu und seine tollkühne Crew"), 101 Dalmatians ("101 Dalmatier"), Tarzan, Kim Possible, Lilo & Stitch, American Dragon: Jake Long, The Emperor's New School ("Kuzco’s Königsklasse"), The Replacements ("Tauschrausch"), Phineas & Ferb, Yuna & Stitch, Fish Hooks ("Der Fisch-Club"), Kick Buttowski and Gravity Falls.

But it's all just in German, I think...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts